This program makes it tough to be a fan | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This program makes it tough to be a fan

I had an extra ticket for the S Florida game and couldn't give it away. Did anybody else notice there were no scalpers? SU football is gut wrenching. Only scoring one touchdown against Wake!

You have to be a young fan just by the statement that "we all knew this was team was going to be subpar". I didn't know it, I thought they would be better then Schaf teams. I've been a fan since 1971 and am just so beat down by the SU football performance. Yesterday game plan was pathetic and that is being nice. I just feel exhausted driving up from NC every year to watch 3 games since I still have season tickets.

These be dark days for sure. You know that when TNIAAM is writing offseason articles whining about being picked 7th instead of 6th because "hey we beat WF last year - how dare they!".

I know we're all fans but some of you have way too high expectations. In the ACC we may never get back to the heyday of the late 80s through 90s. The landscape and game has changed a lot since then. It's a major uphill battle right now with a lot of guaranteed losses on the schedule each year for the foreseeable future. Just look next year road games at LSU, Miami, FSU, Louisville teams that we are nowhere near ready to compete with. I understand frustration after last night and the better part of the last 15 years I think people need to reassess what realistic expectations are for the program in its current state. Wake Forest is a winnable game every year sure, but they are not an inferior opponent. Anyone that has paid attention should have known regardless of the weather that it was going to be a tough game. We are not a good football team right now and have a ways to go. It'll take time and even when we get to that point I'm not convinced the yearly ceiling is more than 7 or 8 wins.

That's why I was so high on a Babers like coach. SU will never compete with the factories, so play a fun style and on a good year get 8-9 wins and a halfway decent bowl.

All walk up ticket sales should be free and they should give away a bowl of soup.

1147684665-this-hat-caddyshack-judge-smails-ted-knight-hat-demotivational-poster-1266511160.jpg

Some of it is a bit generational. If you're 30 or under, you barely caught the end of McNabb. Saw Freeney and then what else has the program been?

Based on the landscape of college football, SU is a 6-6/7-5 program every year.

I know Babers will have us back in the top 25 in a few years. I'm trusting the process and not having knee jerk reactions after a game played in a monsoon. Keep the faith people.

Man, I'm there through thick and thin, but the attendance at the dome next week is going to be embarrassing. Like possible record low attendance. That has me worried about the future more than anything else. How is the coaching staff going to convince anyone to come play in front of that?

The Program will be fine.

And the Dome will rock again!

The future success of Syracuse Football is coming Sooner than you think.

It's not hard at all for me to be a fan of this program. It's in my DNA--I love this freaking program, and will stick with them through the downs as well as the ups.

Now, it is frustrating as hell to lose--no argument there. And I'm tired of struggling merely to get to .500 level. But none of that changes me bleeding Orange.

It's not hard at all for me to be a fan of this program. It's in my DNA--I love this freaking program, and will stick with them through the downs as well as the ups.

Now, it is frustrating as hell to lose--no argument there. And I'm tired of struggling merely to get to .500 level. But none of that changes me bleeding Orange.

Old habits are hard to break. I've been rooting for the Orange since Ernie Davis was playing. I'll be doing it until I join him.

The Program will be fine.

And the Dome will rock again!

The future success of Syracuse Football is coming Sooner than you think.

I'm obviously rooting like hell for that to happen, but I've been hearing it for 15 years and it hasn't happened yet. Takes a lot out of a man.

I'm obviously rooting like hell for that to happen, but I've been hearing it for 15 years and it hasn't happened yet. Takes a lot out of a man.

I've been a Cubs fan since 1966. Take heart!

I'll probably feel different Saturday or the week after or whatever, but yesterday and today is the first time since I became a fan in 1991, 25 years, that I finally am saying, I am giving up on this . I've barely missed a game on TV, and I've attended a game a year or so, but I've just had it. It is not even fun anymore. Hold me. :(

Last night was honestly one of the most disappointing games since the 2011 start 5-1 season. A winnable game against a comparable opponent that we had every chance to win. The defense which has been laughable all year stepped up for the most part and we choked it away. 25 K in the dome Saturday against a ranked opponent is gonna look embarrassing.

I do feel bad for Dino though cause I like his attitude but it is also very hard to listen to another coach, the 4th in 12 years, sell you on having faith and buying in. We have listened to Grob, Doug, and Shaf all talk about rebuilding and while Doug was close he left before the job was over and it all came crumbling back down.

I think if Dino comes in after Marrone and pitches this idea with the cake batter and 3 year plan the dome is pretty full even with the L's but after hearing the same old crap from the 3 coaches before this fan base is tired and probably isn't coming back till the wins come and I don't blame them.

Here's to hoping we can somehow pull one more win out this year, my hopes aren't high though.

I have been here all week, it hasn't helped at all.

Other than Akron, this was one of our worst losses that I can remember. Against an inferior opponent by 19 points.

We had some momentum going in and took 4 steps backwards. Team was showing progress and basically lost all of it with that game. Attendance for Va Tech will be historically low for a home game next week. I haven't missed a home game in 7 years and I am thinking of not going. Va Tech is gonna boat race us, they are way better than anyone expected.

Good thing most of our home games came when nobody knew how bad we are or the attendance would be worse than our already historically low numbers.

Why can't we be the team that shows marked improvement after hiring a new coach? I thought I saw it this year but it was an illusion like usual.

Just when I thought I had traversed the desert of losses, a coach comes along that I can believe in and get behind to turn out it's just more sand. I still think he is the right coach but it's tough to believe without any improvement. I just hope he hasn't lost the locker room.

All walk up ticket sales should be free and they should give away a bowl of soup.

It's not about attendance. That won't come until we're really good. It's a lagging indicator.

I don't get caught up in the final score in this one. We had multiple chances to take the lead in the 4th before that rushing TD by Wake. We score there and the script is flipped on mr.slowdown and run.

If you're giving up on Babers after 6 games you may deserve sand.

Last night was honestly one of the most disappointing games since the 2011 start 5-1 season. A winnable game against a comparable opponent that we had every chance to win. The defense which has been laughable all year stepped up for the most part and we choked it away. 25 K in the dome Saturday against a ranked opponent is gonna look embarrassing.

I do feel bad for Dino though cause I like his attitude but it is also very hard to listen to another coach, the 4th in 12 years, sell you on having faith and buying in. We have listened to Grob, Doug, and Shaf all talk about rebuilding and while Doug was close he left before the job was over and it all came crumbling back down.

I think if Dino comes in after Marrone and pitches this idea with the cake batter and 3 year plan the dome is pretty full even with the L's but after hearing the same old crap from the 3 coaches before this fan base is tired and probably isn't coming back till the wins come and I don't blame them.

Here's to hoping we can somehow pull one more win out this year, my hopes aren't high though.

What previous coaches said shouldn't deter our faith in this one. It is tough, but, I think worth it this go around.

What previous coaches said shouldn't deter our faith in this one. It is tough, but, I think worth it this go around.

While I get what you are saying most fans are looking at the program in general and saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me" Well we have been fooled 3 times now so I am not surprised people aren't rushing back to the dome. Just look at the attendance numbers for all the other first year coaches since GRob, they all went up. Somehow the coach the media and fans called a home run hire is gonna have a drop in attendance from record setting low attendance the season before.

It's not about attendance. That won't come until we're really good. It's a lagging indicator.

I don't get caught up in the final score in this one. We had multiple chances to take the lead in the 4th before that rushing TD by Wake. We score there and the script is flipped on mr.slowdown and run.

If you're giving up on Babers after 6 games you may deserve sand.
Nobody in this fanbase deserves sand, it is just what are served up constantly. I have eaten enough sand over the past 15 years, thank you very much.

This loss is on the coaches, not the players. Coach has been saying it has been personnel, well coach this game was on you and your offensive staff choking it away.

We were given sand.

Some of us were saying go after a Baylor guy when Marrone left. Could have avoided some pain.

Babers own expectations are to win championships, I don't think he came here to be mediocre. So in other words, my expectations are no different than our head coach's.

I don't think the problem is Babers or his staff or the talent. Until this administration at SU actually makes a commitment to the program and spends some money to be great, we will just be crap and most likely lose the best coach for this program, which is Babers.

I am of the growing opinion that this program is a money grab for the school at the expense of the fans and our loyalty.

Why announce that you are refurbishing the Dome and then wait 2, 3, 4 years before you actually do anything. String fans along into thinking we might be good again. I just hope the expenditure is not too late, the novelty of a new Dome will wear off if we stink when we play in it and then it will be over for Syracuse Football.
The Administration there hasn't cared about the fans since Buzz, and His get a life, when Jake was AD. At least with Kent it seems he understands the need to be great academically, and athletically in the modern world.

Old habits are hard to break. I've been rooting for the Orange since Ernie Davis was playing. I'll be doing it until I join him.
I go back to Jim Brown, and Ridlon, and will continue like you until I'm in the ground. Unlike the fans who complain about the past 15 years, we've had 2 series of bad times 1969-1986, then 2002-2016. But I still believe Dino is the right guy, but like Mac it isn't going to turn around overnight, this group of fans would have run Mac out of town after 2 years.

Nobody in this fanbase deserves sand, it is just what are served up constantly. I have eaten enough sand over the past 15 years, thank you very much.

This loss is on the coaches, not the players. Coach has been saying it has been personnel, well coach this game was on you and your offensive staff choking it away.

We were given sand.

What a pile of BS.

1. 15 years ago we had a different HC, Chancellor, and AD. So why put all that on them?

2. Yep. It's sucked.

3. The loss is on both. Because they are a team.

4. I repeat: If you give up after 6 games with this coach, you deserve sand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom