This won't be popular but here is the reality folks... | Syracusefan.com

This won't be popular but here is the reality folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zepharus

Starter
Lets stop sugar coating the issues. Bottom line this team overachieved and blew its wad at Clemson. This is the same team 3 years running now. Dino is a good coach but well never have the talent here again to win consistently. cuse football is a small private school in the northeast. Poor facilities and light years behind in the arms race with no $$ commitment to compete. They've dragged their feet for YEARS now on the dome renos and it continues. ain't happening here, looks like ever.

Lets stop sugar coating the issues. Bottom line this team overachieved and blew its wad at Clemson. This is the same team 3 years running now. Dino is a good coach but well never have the talent here again to win consistently. cuse football is a small private school in the northeast. Poor facilities and light years behind in the arms race with no $$ commitment to compete. They've dragged their feet for YEARS now on the dome renos and it continues. ain't happening here, looks like ever.

Lol, take it easy. We’ve improved a lot and are now competitive with good teams. Sit the next couple of plays out.

Good lord, that's ridiculous. If Northwestern can consistenly win 8-9 games in the B1G, then we can sure as hell win in the ACC. I don't want to hear this crap after we invested $110M in dome renovations. Go take a nap.

This year's team with last year's linebackers would very likely be 6-0 at this point. We are only two and a half years into a rebuild. Still haven't had time to build the depth that will make us a consistent team year in and year out. I got fooled that this was going to be that first year since HCDB has a track record of turning teams completely around by the third year. But this is the ACC, so it may take four or even five years. But it can be done. The fourth quarter last week and this entire game (even if we had pulled out the win) has made me realize we were always going to be a 6-6 or 7-5 team this year. I still see us beating UNC and Louisville, possibly even a win @Wake. But NC State and @BC are losses in my mind already. @ND I always had projected as a loss.

Cheers,
Neil

Oh, come on now. Cheer up! It's not that bad.

Some rebuild...LB cave in, short circuit QB. You build a team like a house from the foundation on up. Coaching staff> Defense> Offense. Dino interested only in the second floor while the basement crumbles.

Bottom line is that this was a bad loss that has you very upset. You can quit now, but you won't be happy with yourself if you do.

You conveniently forgot Florida State.

This team is improved, will go to a bowl, and I don't think it will be close. 7-8 wins.

Just not all the way there yet.
I was told Fsu was worse than w Mich.

Disappointed but we’re still two wins away from a bowl game. That’s all we wanted this year

We beat Wagner w Mich and an awful uconn team. Todays loss can't happen if your making progress. Same old cuse.
Tale a deep breath man. In the past we squeak by WMU and get destroyed at Clemson. We beat 3 bad teams and 1 mediocre team soundly, lost in the last seconds to a CFB Playoff contender in front of 80K, and let a weird road game slip away and lost in OT. I'm furious they blew that game but happens and progress isn't linear.

It's important not to overreact to the moment and look at the big picture.

Tale a deep breath man. In the past we squeak by WMU and get destroyed at Clemson. We beat 3 bad teams and 1 mediocre team soundly, lost in the last seconds to a CFB Playoff contender in front of 80K, and let a weird road game slip away and lost in OT. I'm furious they blew that game but happens and progress isn't linear.

It's important not to overreact to the moment and look at the big picture.
You can't follow up last weeks loss with today if your improving.

Much like Pitt today, FSU is playing at Miami to save their season and look like a good team, up 10.
Miami has actually done something recently. Nobody wants to be told to take solace in some other team that was Top 10 all last year and ranked again this year because they may or may not lose to a team in a similar position.

FSU also has a ton of talent. Pitt doesn’t. In a must-win game to build a fanbase and program, on the road, Pitt should be up there in ACC teams you’d want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.