This won't be popular but here is the reality folks... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

This won't be popular but here is the reality folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitt also turned out to be a pretty good team as well. Obviously, still feel like it's one that got away but I have always said I think Narduzzi is a really good coach.

Every loss is a step back. No loss warrants writing off the season.

Progress isn't a straight line.

We have more wins this year than the last two combined. I bet we hit 15 total wins in the 18/19 seasons by game 6 next year, which would give us as many total wins in 1.5 seasons as we had in 4 seasons from 2014-17.

All those losses make these wins so much sweeter.

I find it quite peculiar when a poster goes back to old threads like these and then bumps them when it plays out differently, or makes a particular poster look a bit foolish in hindsight. Ah, the beauty of hindsight.

I guess it must make you feel better now that you got it off your chest, since you had to put the effort in going back to dig this one out of the archives, especially when it wasn't brewing any longer. Interesting...

It’s not hindsight if you get it right the first time. Foresight

It is therapeutic to post here sometimes. That Pitt loss was so upsetting. Have to be honest the UNC game was also a real kick in the gut and we won. Football is so funny...UNC had the game won when a tight end dropped a sure game clinching first down. He was wide open. We end up winning and get a little momentum and end up with a great finish to the season. I was also a mess at the start of the Wake game.

I laugh about the Clemson fans getting angry about style points and a non clean W vs. in state rival South Carolina.

I still get angry when we give up any big plays on defense. My Dad and I were complaining about the missed opportunities on offense against BC and the team scored more than 40 points. Part of the fun of being a fan is getting irrationally upset ...at least for me.

I respect the original post that was brought to light here. Reading it and if I am honest in my heart I felt the exact same way at the time and feel like many others did as well. I feel a sort of kinship with the people here
who have been on this team for so long. No one cares about SU as much as the posters on this forum. I value all of our takes and do not think it is fair to bring back bad memories and hold those thoughts against the author.

Doh! What do you think about the team now?

Actually pretty damn good since I was one of the few saying this team could win 9-10 games and held to that even after the Pitt loss when other posters were hopping on and saying we told you not to get excited we would e lucky to win 6 or 7 games . So thanks for playing. Know what you’re talking about before you try calling people out .

Look its clear the OP overreacted after a loss, it happens on here and every other fan board at the D 1 level that has a pulse (Check out NC State's after the Wake Loss). I have been guilty of it myself plenty of times in the past. That said these things work both ways, are we now going to go back and analyze every post after the fact and call people out. I am sure there are a half dozen posts after the Clemson game guaranteeing we were going to blow Pitt out and how bad they were and all those posts last year after the Clemson win about how a bowl game was a "lock" etc etc. Let's just celebrate that for the first time since 2012 and really since 2001 we have a top 20 (really top 15) team capable of playing with anyone that just went 9-3 in the second toughest conference in the Nation and is two plays away from being 11-1. After the last two decades of ineptness and god awful losses people should be soaking in this thing for all its worth.

Look its clear the OP overreacted after a loss, it happens on here and every other fan board at the D 1 level that has a pulse (Check out NC State's after the Wake Loss). I have been guilty of it myself plenty of times in the past. That said these things work both ways, are we now going to go back and analyze every post after the fact and call people out. I am sure there are a half dozen posts after the Clemson game guaranteeing we were going to blow Pitt out and how bad they were and all those posts last year after the Clemson win about how a bowl game was a "lock" etc etc. Let's just celebrate that for the first time since 2012 and really since 2001 we have a top 20 (really top 15) team capable of playing with anyone that just went 9-3 in the second toughest conference in the Nation and is two plays away from being 11-1. After the last two decades of ineptness and god awful losses people should be soaking in this thing for all its worth.

It sure does and the people who overreact negatively certainly don’t mind calling out people. That’s why this got bumped.

It sure does and the people who overreact negatively certainly don’t mind calling out people. That’s why this got bumped.

So is it cool if I bump all the posts saying we're a top 10 basketball team?

I don't agree with the OP or some of the other posts in this thread but who exactly did they call out? Being negative about the team is certainly not warranted to the level that it was but I don't see where they called out anyone. This post has now been bumped for the second time are we going to bump it again in February?

Status
Not open for further replies.