Class of 2022 - This year’s class | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 This year’s class

Can’t blame you brother
Dino put himself in this situation when he made TD his chosen one. Then when he wasn't able to make plays on the move, he had no backup plan. When Lewis left, Dungey made the offense go, with his ability to ad lib. Tommy doesn't have that ability and we have no idea whether any of the new guys do.
If we have another bad year, it will only get worse. This year and next year Dino has to get to 8+ next year or he has to be gone.
People say his buyout is to much this year, but next has to be the last.

1624734079544.png

The key isn’t the ratings. The key is identifying the right guys in the rating range we’ve always been getting. Then it’s about coaching them up and having that good season every third to fourth year with 5 to 6 win seasons in between. That’s the reality and I’m OK with that. Last year was a mirage. I’m more disappointed with the five win season the year before.

Wake Forest has been known to negative recruit against Syracuse. Dom Foster was there yesterday, but I don't know if money3189 is referring to that program.
I will say this. One of the prospects was leaning towards not visiting a particular school this weekend. It was repeated to him several times on why he should not commit to Cuse and visit them.

I will say this. One of the prospects was leaning towards not visiting a particular school this weekend. It was repeated to him several times on why he should not commit to Cuse and visit them.
We've made this bed. We've done it to ourselves. Can't blame other programs too much for taking advantage of our long history of mostly very poor play. There are only 2 ways out...

The key isn’t the ratings. The key is identifying the right guys in the rating range we’ve always been getting. Then it’s about coaching them up and having that good season every third to fourth year with 5 to 6 win seasons in between. That’s the reality and I’m OK with that. Last year was a mirage. I’m more disappointed with the five win season the year before.
I agree. Its about culture and development more than anything but you do need to land some high end guys when playing P5 ball. Depth is a big difference maker. The teams that consistent win have quality depth.

We've made this bed. We've done it to ourselves. Can't blame other programs too much for taking advantage of our long history of mostly very poor play. There are only 2 ways out...
Yeah we already know that. Im just trying to alert people so there's no surpises. Plus people seem to forget this stuff has happen for 16 years. They wonder why we cant get better recruits.

Hence the non-boom from a certain kid last weekend. That makes sense. Unfortunately. Let’s hope this one ends up well for us

I think we win 6 this year.
IF. Dino plays to the teams strength and runs the ball. If Tommy doesn't move the team by half-time of Ohio I believe he gives shred a chance and goes with a different approach.

We need to dig out of the muck with the guys already on the roster or 2022 recruiting class won't really matter as pertains to Dino's tenure.

We're not a school that does, or ever really have, landed recruits that can play day 1 in any system. We need guys to fit our system whether or not the star ratings show it. Our defense is unique enough that personnel can be filled with fair amount of tweeners that other schools might not cover as highly but can excel here. Think Ja'Had Carter types that you just recruit as an athlete. Think our offense can offer that as well if it ever becomes functional enough to run pace again.

Honestly, I know what everyone says on here about a few different programs around the nation. But to tell you the truth, I have always felt West Virginia to be the sleeziest/seediest program in all of P5 football.

PSU had their heyday, yes. But, IMO, WVa has been the most consistently scummy over the decades. I never want that team showing up on our schedule. They play dirty, and now we know they recruit dirty. I'm glad we beat their butts in the last few head-to-head matchups

Bunch of dirty b ....ds

See what they do to me? And I don't even cuss

Honestly, I know what everyone says on here about a few different programs around the nation. But to tell you the truth, I have always felt West Virginia to be the sleeziest/seediest program in all of P5 football.

PSU had their heyday, yes. But, IMO, WVa has been the most consistently scummy over the decades. I never want that team showing up on our schedule. They play dirty, and now we know they recruit dirty. I'm glad we beat their butts in the last few head-to-head matchups

Bunch of dirty b ...ds

See what they do to me? And I don't even cuss

tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors