Class of 2014 - Thomas Holley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Thomas Holley

Picked up offers from ND, and Ole Miss today, plus a few more.

So now with Holley, Mavety, and Samuel, who says NYS doesn't produce high end talent.

Picked up offers from ND, and Ole Miss today, plus a few more.

So now with Holley, Mavety, and Samuel, who says NYS doesn't produce high end talent.
Mavety is from NJ.

Even if he were a NYer, that's only three ...you can find 3 similar level recruits on the same team in South Florida.

Would it help if I said about his recruitment: "I have a bad feeling about this, and I am almost never wrong." ???????
Saying and or believing you are almost never wrong is in of itself wrong. Good start!. No credence there so i'd drop :crazy: it quick.:blah::crazy:

Saying and or believing you are almost never wrong is in of itself wrong. Good start!. No credence there so i'd drop :crazy: it quick.:blah::crazy:
That was in reference to game day threads about how our team would do...sort of a reverse psychology thing. It was meant to be humorous only...I am perfectly willing to admit that about a lot of things, I may be wrong. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way, sir.

Cali is the new thread police... Don't loiter or make jokes.. All business in this forum.

Cali is the new thread police... Don't loiter or make jokes.. All business in this forum.
Oh was that a joke? Sorry I missed the laugh track. Proceed!Especially now that we have determined that you "are never wrong" is clearly a joke, i'm anxious to read more.:blah:

Oh was that a joke? Sorry I missed the laugh track. Proceed!Especially now that we have determined that you "are never wrong" is clearly a joke, i'm anxious to read more.:blah:

Your post is difficult to interpret. It has the sound of an apology, but I sense sarcasm. Especially with the "blah-blah" at the end. And there is no way to insert a laugh track, so perhaps I will avoid sarcasm in the future (but not likely!). I will cut you some slack as I understand you have had some medical difficulties in your life, and maybe your communication skills have been affected. I am sincere in my sympathies if that is the case. However, if based on this one harmless (but apparently failed) attempt at levity you are challenging me and my intent (or knowledge base) whenever I add anything to this or any other thread, then I submit you are merely being rude.

So I ask, which is it? An apology or derision?

I extend my hand in friendship...you may shake it or spit in it. It is your call, sir...

Consider the laugh track inserted.

And you proved my point, I was wrong about the laugh track!
I think we should keep this handy...this may be the only way to get laughter on the basketball side presently!
Thanks SteveC!

DE out of Abraham Lincoln in Brooklyn.

Offers from FSU, Miami, Penn State and Syracuse per TOS.
In order to be very clear TOS is a very poor rival of this site.:p

Thomas Holley could be at practice this upcoming Tuesday.

That's big news IMO, I figure we have little to no chance at Holley and never expected him to visit, so this is good.

That's big news IMO, I figure we have little to no chance at Holley and never expected him to visit, so this is good.
There are actually conflicting reports. Apparently some think he may be at Rutgers Tuesday, which would be just awful.

TOS headline from our dear old friend Brian Dohn

Scout 300 DL: Interest in Rutgers "Legit"

Brian Dohn is a Rutgers mouthpiece and most of his articles are about them.

There are actually conflicting reports. Apparently some think he may be at Rutgers Tuesday, which would be just awful.

And Holley was at Rutgers again Tuesday, not Syracuse.

I think I am just going to pretend this guy doesn't exist. It seems every time we recruit a kid from Lincoln it's an absolute circus and always are left on the outside looking in. We may get a visit out of him, but I don't like our chances at all. Just hope he doesn't chose Rutgers.

And Holley was at Rutgers again Tuesday, not Syracuse.

I think I am just going to pretend this guy doesn't exist. It seems every time we recruit a kid from Lincoln it's an absolute circus and always are left on the outside looking in. We may get a visit out of him, but I don't like our chances at all. Just hope he doesn't chose Rutgers.

holley wont end up at buttgers but he isn't going to end up at syracuse either.

DE out of Abraham Lincoln in Brooklyn.

Offers from FSU, Miami, Penn State and Syracuse per TOS.
I'd like to remind folks that NY top talent isn't motivated to stay in NY. SS and his team is doing it right, go after the kids that want to play here, regardless of where they are from. Want top talent from NY to stay here, lets get a consistent winner and contender back on the field. Who cares about NYC and NJ kids unless they are serious about our school again. I frankly hear more about SU in the DC area than I ever did when I lived in NYC for 10 years, unless it was basketball that is, and SU is just as prominent here in the DC area with that as well.

As for top talent that chose to shun us, where are they now?

2011 : Ishaq Williams, ND 3rd year, projected back up CAT LB or 3rd Down DE (Starts: ZERO) Needs a break out year according to the Blue and Gold in 2013. Unlikely to replace Shembo at CAT, so Kelly trying to find someplace to put him in, otherwise more of the same as last year for Williams.
2012: Jaron Jones, ND 2nd year RS Freshmen, projected to possibly compete at DE (Has not played) Came in a little over weight in spring camp at 305. Too big and slow at DE at that size, IMO, especially in a 3-4.
2013: EO, Clemson, TBD when he plays, early enrolle, projected to compete for DE/LB and Special Teams
Honorable Mention: AE (2013) Not in the same class as those above, Miami, FB, projected (fall arrival) Yes, thats FB, not a position AE said he wanted to play, intresting to see how that turns out.

So another words, what have we really lost except for our pride in keeping top local talent in the state? So far, not all that much. These guys may turn out to be awesome, but the general view of NY Talent is simple, they are behind the "S" curve and need more development time. Of late, that has shown to be true with Williams and so far Jones who was redshirted last year. That is the chance these kids take going to these schools over SU. Highly likely Williams would have been a full starter here, no question in my mind on that one, but the big question is at ND as he starts his 3rd year. So, another words, I agree with OrangeMojo on this one, lets keep focused on the big picture and not a couple of local prospects. Now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see this kid come here......winning and being nationally respected again would take care of most of that.

I'd like to remind folks that NY top talent isn't motivated to stay in NY. SS and his team is doing it right, go after the kids that want to play here, regardless of where they are from. Want top talent from NY to stay here, lets get a consistent winner and contender back on the field. Who cares about NYC and NJ kids unless they are serious about our school again. I frankly hear more about SU in the DC area than I ever did when I lived in NYC for 10 years, unless it was basketball that is, and SU is just as prominent here in the DC area with that as well.

As for top talent that chose to shun us, where are they now?

2011 : Ishaq Williams, ND 3rd year, projected back up CAT LB or 3rd Down DE (Starts: ZERO) Needs a break out year according to the Blue and Gold in 2013. Unlikely to replace Shembo at CAT, so Kelly trying to find someplace to put him in, otherwise more of the same as last year for Williams.
2012: Jaron Jones, ND 2nd year RS Freshmen, projected to possibly compete at DE (Has not played) Came in a little over weight in spring camp at 305. Too big and slow at DE at that size, IMO, especially in a 3-4.
2013: EO, Clemson, TBD when he plays, early enrolle, projected to compete for DE/LB and Special Teams
Honorable Mention: AE (2013) Not in the same class as those above, Miami, FB, projected (fall arrival) Yes, thats FB, not a position AE said he wanted to play, intresting to see how that turns out.

So another words, what have we really lost except for our pride in keeping top local talent in the state? So far, not all that much. These guys may turn out to be awesome, but the general view of NY Talent is simple, they are behind the "S" curve and need more development time. Of late, that has shown to be true with Williams and so far Jones who was redshirted last year. That is the chance these kids take going to these schools over SU. Highly likely Williams would have been a full starter here, no question in my mind on that one, but the big question is at ND as he starts his 3rd year. So, another words, I agree with OrangeMojo on this one, lets keep focused on the big picture and not a couple of local prospects. Now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see this kid come here......winning and being nationally respected again would take care of most of that.
I agree but lets not forget how heavily wayne morgan was recruited and we won that battle (Reddish had some nice offers as well if im not mistaked). We lose more than we win with the big recruits but that may turn around soon enough.

I agree but lets not forget how heavily wayne morgan was recruited and we won that battle (Reddish had some nice offers as well if im not mistaked). We lose more than we win with the big recruits but that may turn around soon enough.
Agreed, but winning will help change that. I live in Virginia and most of my friends are big ACC fans. They thought we were a joke 2 years ago, at least in football. Now those same friends that were saying Pitt made sense in coming to the ACC but not SU have reversed on that. They think that SU has a chance to compete right away. I think SU is slowly earning some respect, and I think it has alot to do with our scheduling and TV coverage. Heck, I got all the games on TV last year except stony brook. Not to shaby, so kudos to the program for marketing us and scheduling good games that get televised. Now, I'm not sold on NY being our primary recruiting territory, but winning some of the Wayne Morgan types would help.

Let's also not forget that most of Wayne's offers were conditional and were pulled when he didn't commit fast enough.

Let's also not forget that most of Wayne's offers were conditional and were pulled when he didn't commit fast enough.
Not to mention Penn State as well late in the game, but with the scandal looming with Sandusky too, which probably boded well for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom