Thoughts on Bernie Fine at Patriots game last night.. | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on Bernie Fine at Patriots game last night..

liljoe

Scout Team
I know there has been some concern about how all this is playing out outside of Syracuse. I was at the Patriots game last night, and expectedly, one of my friends started busting my balls over the sexual abuse scandal. After They had their fill, the discussion did turn into what a joke the whole story seems to be. Talk show hosts from the area seem to be having their fun with the accusers, particularly the interview they gave...

All in all, I think a lot of the public have a skeptical view of the allegations.

Surprisingly here in Iowa I havent heard that much about it, and like you said my friends love to bust balls about it. My more sports knowledgable friends have had a little bit of discussion with me on it and they are in agreeance that it sounds very fishy.

One of my friends told me his 16 year old grandson in Michigan was made fun of at school for wearing his SU hat.

Bernie Fine was at the Patriots game last night?

Yeah I was at the dentist yesterday morning and some tool bag all decked out in Rutgers gear was all like “Turn on the TV I want to see about Penn State and oh did you hear now a Syracuse assistant coach molested some boy since the age of 7.”

:bang:

Seems like some people just watch ESPN and take it all as fact. Why wouldn't they that is the way ESPN is reporting it.

Yeah I was at the dentist yesterday morning and some tool bag all decked out in Rutgers gear was all like “Turn on the TV I want to see about Penn State and oh did you hear now a Syracuse assistant coach molested some boy since the age of 7.”

:bang:

Seems like some people just watch ESPN and take it all as fact. Why wouldn't they that is the way ESPN is reporting it.

Rutgers' journalism program tells you step-brothers never lie.

Surprisingly here in Iowa I havent heard that much about it, and like you said my friends love to bust balls about it. My more sports knowledgable friends have had a little bit of discussion with me on it and they are in agreeance that it sounds very fishy.

Same here in Indiana. More people were interested in talking to me about Jason Whitlock's twitter campaign than in the actual allegations

I was in Columbia, SC visiting friends at So. Carolina all weekend. Wore SU stuff everywhere more or less, including at the USC-Citadel game, and peoples' reactions were almost totally positive aside from some good-natured ribbing from a few of the kids we were tailgating with (one was a WV native who gave me a hard time, but admitted it was mostly because we kicked their ass).

Almost everyone who mentioned the Fine case said that they thought it sounded like BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at the Pats game last night too and actually high fived someone with Cuse gear on for solidarity sake. Friggin cold in Hockomock Country last night.

Interestingly, a Terp fan I used to work with emailed me about the Fine situation. I was expecting him to give me all kinds of crap, but he just wanted to know what I had heard and hoped for the best.

I'm in Pittsburgh and I have heard people talking but nothing like I expected with many people knowing who I root for. Everyone here seems to think the story is shady.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom