Three things apparent | Syracusefan.com

Three things apparent

Cuse House

All American
1) We have no leadership. Whenever we need a big shot TC and MG throw up garbage. Whenever we need a heady play, we do something stupid. Cooney gets a steal with 11 seconds and almost throws it away which wasted valuable time and then absolutely bricks a wide open shot. I don't put all the blame on Hopkins for the late game management. When you have two fifth year seniors and a junior on the court, they should know how to play that situation.

2) MR is emerging as our best offensive player and Lydon is a BAD liability. MR looks to be the only player willing to take the ball to the hoop. Honestly wish he got the ball at the end of regulation because MG plays hero ball every chance he gets and jacks up 30+ footers. As a freshman, I trust Malachi more than anyone else to create a shot. Lydon besides that last three looks so afraid to shoot and I just don't get it. He played so well early, but has been nonexistent since. Does JB instill confidence in him or something? I can't think of anything else that would make him play so timid.

3) Saturday is our whole season. Yes, it is almost an insurmountable task with the way UNC can score down low and rebound but it is our last hope to save the season. I don't see us recovering from an 0-4 start in ACC play. I hope that JB can get the team firing on all cylinders but I seriously doubt it.

I haven't been so down on this program in my entire life as an SU fan. It is not yet football bad, but I am beginning to feel helplessness that this is starting to become a trend which began with the downfall of our 25-0 team. We have no offense and can't defend the post. We have lost 2 out of 3 to Clemson in BASKETBALL, someone wake me up from this dream please.

I hope they get something going on Saturday too as I've going to be at that game

No true pg that's the coach's fault, roper scores 2 and they still win

G is our leader. The issue is that Malachi is too inconsistent and we have NO offensive or defensive inside presence.

Its scary, but our entire season next is reliant upon a Providence transfer.

It all comes down to poor recruiting the last few years.Just a bad mix of talent of just settling on players who Boeheim feels is good in the zone defense then worries about scoring later in their careers.

The problem is that now when we get a better than average freshmen scorer he's gone after one year or two,but we just don't recruit enough offensive talent all around. Things need to change fast or we will become a bottom feeder in the ACC as those teams know how to recruit offensive talent for the inside game.

G is our leader. The issue is that Malachi is too inconsistent and we have NO offensive or defensive inside presence.

Its scary, but our entire season next is reliant upon a Providence transfer.
From what I had saw of him last year is that he is a taller version of Chinoko that has no offensive game w/o a legit big man coach here

From what I had saw of him last year is that he is a taller version of Chinoko that has no offensive game w/o a legit big man coach here

Does he at least play good D?

I am convinced Lydon is a 4 (He is obviously being asked to play out of position).

dan7800 said:
Does he at least play good D? I am convinced Lydon is a 4 (He is obviously being asked to play out of position).

Lydon is a 3. But he needs to work on his ball handling.

Yikes. Scary comparison. I don't expect Chukwu to be an offensive force but Chino brings very little coordination or ability.

Yikes. Scary comparison. I don't expect Chukwu to be an offensive force but Chino brings very little coordination or ability.

I'd like to see him play a bit more. How much worse can we be?

iommi said:

Chukwu will dunk and block shots. But Providence doesn't miss him this year. We should lower our expectations.

I'd like to see him play a bit more. How much worse can we be?

Team is offensively-challenged as it is but I guess we have nothing to lose. Wow, we are all grasping for straws at this point. This team is in dire straits.

Chukwu will dunk and block shots. But Providence doesn't miss him this year. We should lower our expectations.

They don't miss him because they have dynamic guards, including one of the best in the country. I wish we had PC's guards.

iommi said:
They don't miss him because they have dynamic guards, including one of the best in the country. I wish we had PC's guards.

Well, good point. But our backcourt is still the strength of our team...because it's not our center or power forward.

And Bentil, dude's a beast
(and yet they lost at home to Marquette tonight)

It is exactly that. We don't even need a "hero," just one of our veteran players to make the right plays down the stretch. I am not even talking about hitting shots, but making smart basketball plays.
Nope. No PG and no center. It really is as simple as that. We can't score at the post which is very bad. We can't defend the post which is deadly. This is the worst syracuse team since 1076.

Nope. No PG and no center. It really is as simple as that. We can't score at the post which is very bad. We can't defend the post which is deadly. This is the worst syracuse team since 1076.

Well, in that case, I guess it had to be expected at some point during the last 900 + years. ;):)

I'd love to see that 1076 team running down the court in their suits of armor.

Or since we weren't in Europe but Syracuse, it would more likely be in some sort of loincloth just covering the groin.

And we're saying this with 2 5th yr seniors in the backcourt Oh Lord
(I agree w you)

Absolutely true and double that for MG. I've never seen a kid with less basketball IQ than him. There is a reason he left Duke and we are witnessing it now...

I'd love to see that 1076 team running down the court in their suits of armor.

Or since we weren't in Europe but Syracuse, it would more likely be in some sort of loincloth just covering the groin.
Poster 1: The problem is, we don't have NEARLY as much talent as that Battle of Hastings team 10 years ago.

Poster 2: What are you talking about???? William II SUCKED!

Lyndon and Richardson as so bad on defense it's becoming funny. Lyndon looks like an elementary player asked to play in a pickup game with adults. In transition last night he's standing in the middle of the lane and has no idea their big was next to him. He just caught the ball and put it in. It was embarrassing how little court awareness he had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom