Throw away line or message | Syracusefan.com

Throw away line or message

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
JB's presser last night - in talking about TyRob his comment that Carolina "doesn't block out" so Tyler had an opportunity to get rebounds.

Also in talking about Mal and his shortcomings on D "we won't have to worry about that next year". Mal moves up top - refresh my memory who is penciled in at the 3 next year?

I don't buy JB just tosses those kind of comments out.

Comment about Roberson (NC doesn't block out) -- makes the point that some teams are better than others at being physical with Roberson. NC has size inside, but allowed Roberson to get to the offensive boards. Other teams don't let that happen.

Comment about next year's back-line defense -- having a 7ft 2in center, with a secnnd year Lydon, teams don't get the same easy inside points that NC enjoyed last night.

So Roberson's success last night was due to Carolina's shortfalls rather than the kid's effort. Got it Jim.

So Roberson's success last night was due to Carolina's shortfalls rather than the kid's effort. Got it Jim.

See, and here I though Jim was just pointing out a fact of the game that everybody could see.

Those comments make my head hurt. So is Jim saying we will not have Mal's defensive issues because he'll move up top? Doesn't that just mean Mal has to learn a brand new position alongside another kid (Battle) learning that position? Won't that make the problems worse? At least Howard has had a decent amount of time up there this year to begin the process, and we all know it's a process, of learning JB's zone.

I won't even get into the Roberson comment.

Those comments make my head hurt. So is Jim saying we will not have Mal's defensive issues because he'll move up top? Doesn't that just mean Mal has to learn a brand new position alongside another kid (Battle) learning that position? Won't that make the problems worse? At least Howard has had a decent amount of time up there this year to begin the process, and we all know it's a process, of learning JB's zone.

I won't even get into the Roberson comment.
I don't think it takes years to learn JB's 2-3 zone. You're either good at it and give forth effort or you're not/don't.

I think what Boeheim means by "not having to worry about it next year" has to do with Richardson's lack of physicality and poor rebounding. Which is why he's a better fit up top than down below.

I don't think it takes years to learn JB's 2-3 zone. You're either good at it and give forth effort or you're not/don't.

I think what Boeheim means by "not having to worry about it next year" has to do with Richardson's lack of physicality and poor rebounding. Which is why he's a better fit up top than down below.

Disagree with your first statement. I hope you are correct about the second statement.

U r wrong. Richardson is a 2G play the 3.

JB's presser last night - in talking about TyRob his comment that Carolina "doesn't block out" so Tyler had an opportunity to get rebounds.

Also in talking about Mal and his shortcomings on D "we won't have to worry about that next year". Mal moves up top - refresh my memory who is penciled in at the 3 next year?

I don't buy JB just tosses those kind of comments out.

I thought his comment on Roberson was a sarcastic statement about TR's effort again. He said "This was a perfect type of game for him, NC doesn't block out." I took that to mean, he won't work for the rebounds, but if they fall into his hands, he will catch them.

For Mali, he wasn't talking about Defense as I recall, he was saying that he is undersized for a forward and that hurts us in rebounding. So I think he was simply saying, we'll have better rebounding next year (2 Mali, 3 Lydon, 4 Roberson, 5 Chukwu/DC).

I thought his comment on Roberson was a sarcastic statement about TR's effort again. He said "This was a perfect type of game for him, NC doesn't block out." I took that to mean, he won't work for the rebounds, but if they fall into his hands, he will catch them.

For Mali, he wasn't talking about Defense as I recall, he was saying that he is undersized for a forward and that hurts us in rebounding. So I think he was simply saying, we'll have better rebounding next year (2 Mali, 3 Lydon, 4 Roberson, 5 Chukwu/DC).

The comments about Roberson didn't sound nearly as bad in the presser as they do written here as well.

The comments about Roberson didn't sound nearly as bad in the presser as they do written here as well.

I thought they sounded mean spirited, but I understand that it could be interpreted multiple ways.

I thought they sounded mean spirited, but I understand that it could be interpreted multiple ways.

I'm usually really rough on JB in the pressers, but I didn't get the same edge I've heard before. He fumbled the words a bit, but he was just saying that they weren't focused solely on preventing Roberson from getting o boards like other teams have so it was his opportunity to do so, and he did. Said he played well after that as well.

U r wrong. Richardson is a 2G play the 3.
facepalm-seriously.jpg

6a00d8341bf82953ef017c3852c09d970b-pi

implied-facepalm.jpg

extreme-facepalm.jpg

Your right on this one.

I would assume our two Tylers would be the starting forward next year with Moyer the third option in case one of them isn't "switched on".

But I thought that's why we couldn't play man to man, because to be really good at our zone you had to do it 24/7. At least that's what he says in his book. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom