Throwback Thursdays | Syracusefan.com

Throwback Thursdays

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
What player from the past do you miss watching play. For me at the moment its Moten, his silky smooth style, while quietly filling the stat sheet.

Z. I was always impressed with him. He was all about team. If assists were kept like hockey, he would be an all time one season leader. (If you could find the tape from the sports show on 620 AM [I beleive] at the time, I predicted, on air, a final four once it was known Micheal Lloyd was not coming back. Z was everything ML was not, including a team 1st leader.)

Z. I was always impressed with him. He was all about team. If assists were kept like hockey, he would be an all time one season leader. (If you could find the tape from the sports show on 620 AM [I beleive] at the time, I predicted, on air, a final four once it was known Micheal Lloyd was not coming back. Z was everything ML was not, including a team 1st leader.)
Agreed. I loved watching Z play.

But with Ennis on the verge of committing, while he's not exactly like this other guy...Billy Edelin. That cat could pass the ball and score in creative ways.

Is it cheating to say 'Melo?

In honesty Warrick. He was fun as hell to watch, so athletic.

Sherman Douglas. Not only was he a phenomenal player, but he had the rare, proverbial quality of making those he played with better. He was also one of the best competitors we've ever had--guy hated to lose.

Amazing point guard to watch.

Another vote for the Pearl.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'd love to see that infamous backcourt of Bing and Boeheim play. Is there any film available?

John Wallace, Etan Thomas, Otis Hill, Conrad McNasty...

I cheated and picked 4 guys...

Etan Thomas block parties in the paint.

Close 2nd goes to Lawrence "Poetry in" Moten.

Anything within the last 10 years doesnt classify as "the past" to me yet.

What player from the past do you miss watching play. For me at the moment its Moten, his silky smooth style, while quietly filling the stat sheet.
Pearl
Hakim
Damone Brown
DC
Stevie
Sherm
Flynn

I'll go with Leo. Always had me guessing what the next crazy, no look pass he would put through the defense on a break.

Red Autry. Loved that kid. Loved to watch him back smaller guards down into the post.
He had the best shot from the knees in the game at one point. If everybody had to play on their knees, Red would be in the hall of fame.

devendorf..loved watching him curse obscenities as his name was called for starting lineups..no one has compared since

Any person here who doesn't answer "Billy Celuck" is full of .

10565671-standard.jpg

But Albany, like Will Smith in "Men in Black," Billy could often be overheard saying , "You know what the difference is? I make this look GOOD."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom