Thunder fire Brooks | Syracusefan.com

Thunder fire Brooks

upload_2015-4-22_14-52-8.jpeg

This is the UConn board right now. If Ollie goes to the NBA they need Calhoun or that program could be FUBAR. If Billy Donovan goes to OKC the Gators could get Pitino Jr. or a real good HC.

Be interesting to see who UConn is able to get.

I bet they go after Hop hard

Fire Brooks...how dare he not win after Durant hardly played this season. What a lame excuse. I mean how important is Durant when you have Waiters. Fire him swiftly. (And hire Ollie).

Brooks is terrible. He had Durant Harden and Westbrook and look what they've accomplished.

Like Pasqualoni?
UConn FB is a 2 star program their BB program is not a 2 star program. They won't hire a Pasqualoni type BB coach as their BB program will get them a decent hire. They could become UMass post-Calipari if they hire a Coach P type BB coach.

I know, I'm more just being dumb. But seriously Hopkins would seem a pretty solid candidate for them, in all honesty. Strong NE recruiting ties, one of the hot young assistants out there, is as familiar with the Yvonne program as any outsider would be. They will face the same problem we've talked about here: the job is probably too good to put in the hands of a noob but not good enough to attract top caliber proven coaches who are already well situated. They also have a "future problem" with the whole no conference thing.

HoustonCuse said:
I know, I'm more just being dumb. But seriously Hopkins would seem a pretty solid candidate for them, in all honesty. Strong NE recruiting ties, one of the hot young assistants out there, is as familiar with the Yvonne program as any outsider would be. They will face the same problem we've talked about here: the job is probably too good to put in the hands of a noob but not good enough to attract top caliber proven coaches who are already well situated. They also have a "future problem" with the whole no conference thing.

They'd hire someone with head coaching experience, and I doubt they'd hire another SU guy after P.

Would they play 2-3 zone or man?

But...but... "But before Brooks' firing, Ollie had issued a statement through a UConn spokesman on Wednesday saying he had no "plans" to pursue other jobs."

:D
Doesn't mean he won't let them pursue him.

View attachment 41057

This is the UConn board right now. If Ollie goes to the NBA they need Calhoun or that program could be FUBAR. If Billy Donovan goes to OKC the Gators could get Pitino Jr. or a real good HC.

I recall many on here claiming once Calhoun left Uconn was going in the toilet.

I would pay Manhattan rents to be in that toilet.

You can hate UConn and thats fine. But lets not act as if we arent more in danger of going in the toilet than they are .

You can hate UConn and thats fine. But lets not act as if we arent more in danger of going in the toilet than they are .

They have LEGITAMATE debates over whether or not they should drop football and join the Big East.

So yeah no thanks.

upload_2015-4-22_18-4-21.jpeg

We may not have the rings UConn has, but that program is Ollie leaving and 1 bad coaching hire from turning into UMass post Calipari.

They have LEGITAMATE debates over whether or not they should drop football and join the Big East.

So yeah no thanks.

Legitimate debates?

LOL.

I have seen more a more serious debate over whether or not our FB team can win a NC this year.