Ticket Sales for upcoming season? | Syracusefan.com

Ticket Sales for upcoming season?

Shoym

Walk On
I have no data, and I am not local, but damn, it seems to me that with about 15% fewer seats in the dome, and all that has been happening this off-season, this season should have a lot off actual sellouts. Most don't know that in the history of the dome, the percentage of sellouts is quite low. That should certainly change next season. Thoughts?

One would think and certainly hope!

A fast start is a must, a new coach, a revamped roster and the opportunity to see the renovations in the dome you think would be more than enough to sell some games out!

Once the roster is somewhat finalized Im confident you will see Coach Fran engage the community and get some new and old fans off their couches and into the dome!

considering there is no idea what seats will be available and what the pricing will be its tough for many to make the decision 9 months out.

At 42,000 seats, I'd like to think that at least early on, they would sell out.

There has to be a ton of people afraid to pull that trigger on deposits without knowing how much tickets are going up. Secondly, none of us know where the hell we are sitting anymore. I've been a STH for 30 years and not knowing where I'm sitting next season freaks me out.

There has to be a ton of people afraid to pull that trigger on deposits without knowing how much tickets are going up. Secondly, none of us know where the hell we are sitting anymore. I've been a STH for 30 years and not knowing where I'm sitting next season freaks me out.
Have they offered any guidance at all? Same vicinity I would think? That does suck, but chalk it up to a convergence of circumstances.

Have they offered any guidance at all? Same vicinity I would think? That does suck, but chalk it up to a convergence of circumstances.
Nothing. Zilch

I just figure in the upperdeck where my row has been empty for multiple years there is a pretty good chance I dont move at all.

The more interesting thing will be all the people who used to slide extras into their rows now wont be able to do it and the ability to find tickets to get a person near your seat on a one off will go down..

People will need to get that extra seat now.

Am I supposed to put a down payment on my seasons this year or is there just automatic outreach by a rep to me once my number comes up for the new seats since I am a STH?

Am I supposed to put a down payment on my seasons this year or is there just automatic outreach by a rep to me once my number comes up for the new seats since I am a STH?
I’d like to know the answer to this as well

There's no invoice to pay in MyCuse account for existing season tix holders.

Just that "Fans interested in new season tickets for 2024 are encouraged to put down a deposit to be added to the waitlist for 2024 football season tickets."
Im pretty pissed right now. I honestly thought that deposit was for current STH. What did i put a deposit down for? I don't need more seasons tickets.

Im pretty pissed right now. I honestly thought that deposit was for current STH. What did i put a deposit down for? I don't need more seasons tickets.
Jcuse I will preface by saying call your rep and that others can add way more than what I will now. For clarity I don't believe you are understanding correctly. You have not bought "more tickets ". Unlike last year, renewals are not being done with just an invoice in your Cuse.com account for the same tickets you had. Based on your donor ranking you will fall at a certain point to purchase either the same tickets you have had OR if impacted by either the new seating or higher donors, you would get new season tickets in a different potential area of your choosing and that are available. I think I framed that correctly.

My prediction we are at sellout by mid/late August.

I think hype and FOMO will play a factor here.

The good news is those shut out will get plenty of chances to see Syracuse play via secondary market resales. I don't see any visiting team buying out their visitors allotment either...so those unused tix will be released about 2 weeks out.

There's no "invoice". But there is a path (through "tickets/season tickets" menu). I just used it and paid my $50 deposit.
Jcuse I will preface by saying call your rep and that others can add way more than what I will now. For clarity I don't believe you are understanding correctly. You have not bought "more tickets ". Unlike last year, renewals are not being done with just an invoice in your Cuse.com account for the same tickets you had. Based on your donor ranking you will fall at a certain point to purchase either the same tickets you have had OR if impacted by either the new seating or higher donors, you would get new season tickets in a different potential area of your choosing and that are available. I think I framed that correctly.

Guys, there is no deposit to put down for renewals

Renewals will be done the same way they have been for years. You will get an email telling you it’s time to renew etc

Deposits are ONLY for NEW season tickets

My prediction we are at sellout by mid/late August.

I think hype and FOMO will play a factor here.

The good news is those shut out will get plenty of chances to see Syracuse play via secondary market resales. I don't see any visiting team buying out their visitors allotment either...so those unused tix will be released about 2 weeks out.
you really think 15K of new STH will appear out of the wood work? Given the number of people with partial plans maybe we push our full STH numbers up. Hype will help of course, but cost may also keep the number down until we show a product on the field.

I dont know that we ever sold more than 35-37k of full seasons did we even in the peak early 90s

That would be easily 10K more than we are selling now.

Guys, there is no deposit to put down for renewals

Renewals will be done the same way they have been for years. You will get an email telling you it’s time to renew etc

Deposits are ONLY for NEW season tickets
I think the flyer from SU said "your season tickets" ... not specifying new ones (IIRC). Worst case, it's a down payment.

Last edited:
you really think 15K of new STH will appear out of the wood work? Given the number of people with partial plans maybe we push our full STH numbers up. Hype will help of course, but cost may also keep the number down until we show a product on the field.

I dont know that we ever sold more than 35-37k of full seasons did we even in the peak early 90s

That would be easily 10K more than we are selling now.
Yes

We averaged 40K total average attendance 2 seasons ago.
IIRC, I was told our highest ever STHer count was 38K in 1998.

Just spit-balling here

42.5K capacity
7.5 K Students
3.0 K Visitors
32K STHers

Our STHer base last year was approximately 20-22K
I really think we could get to 32K with common sense pricing and some hype.

Even if we got 5-6K more by late July...I can see SU doing STHer updates to create scarcity.

FOMO would kick in once we get below 3K.

Seven Game Season?
Ohio, Holy Cross, Hawaii?, Miami, Virginia Tech, Stanford, Georgia Tech

That is a solid schedule to sell tix to. Virginia Tech is expected to be much better this year, their fans are the only group I might see selling out their ticket allotment. Stanford is a possibility to sell out too. The only chance for any NE Stanford based alumni to make a game. Like I said we could sellout STHers but still average less than 42.5K due to the visitor allotment not selling out.

Last edited:
Yes

We averaged 40K total average attendance 2 seasons ago.
IIRC, I was told our highest ever STHer count was 38K in 1998.

Just spit-balling here

42.5K capacity
7.5 K Students
3.0 K Visitors
32K STHers

Our STHer base last year was approximately 20-22K
I really think we could get to 32K with common sense pricing and some hype.

Even if we got 5-6K more by late July...I can see SU doing STHer updates to create scarcity.

FOMO would kick in once we get below 3K.

Seven Game Season?
Ohio, Holy Cross, Hawaii?, Miami, Virginia Tech, Stanford, Georgia Tech

That is a solid schedule to sell tix to. Virginia Tech is expected to be much better this year, their fans are the only group I might see selling out their ticket allotment. Stanford is a possibility to sell out too. The only chance for any NE Stanford based alumni to make a game. Like I said we could sellout STHers but still average less than 42.5K due to the visitor allotment not selling out.
Hype helps.. Just like when BBall has a big crowd.

There were huge numbers of partial packages sold the last few years. We never had that back in the day as a thing.. Even then we sold 80% sth worth of Season tickets and we still had crowds of 90-95%.

I would be interesting to know how many STH there were last year full vs partial. Then how many of those go to full.. I think many will still think they just jump in and get better games only deals.

Will we offer less of those deals I wonder to push more into full tickets? Creating demand may make that happen.

Student demand has built up and thats great.

still many dont want to go to 7 games.. They may find out its better to get the full and maybe demand helps sell the rest. We havent seen demand push inventory in fball in many years.

How the schedule lays out is also big.. Bigger demand early might help demand late and help the total avg out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom