Tigers send Rick Porcello to the Red Sox for Yoenis Cespedes | Syracusefan.com

Tigers send Rick Porcello to the Red Sox for Yoenis Cespedes

Scherzer is going to get 200 million if Lester got 155. Lester is a top 20 SP, Scherzer is younger, and better in the top 10.

Dodgers, Angels, Yankees, Tigers one of them will go 8 years 200 million most likely.

Good trade for Boston. Porcello can be extended a QO after this year, and Cespedes can not. Porcello is a solid 2. The Orioles and Royals proved you don't need an ace to win the AL.

Lester is riding 3 WS starts to make himself out to like he is Madison Bumgardner. I have watched over 100 Lester starts he is an Andy Petitte type pitcher. Good #2 but not elite. That contract will be worse than Sabathia deal. Lester becomes obsessed with throwing cutters and against RH hitting tends to leave meatballs over the plate.

With McCarthy signing to the Dodgers its just making more and more sense to sign Scherzer, especially with the offense a huge question mark

Red Sox ended up with Porcello, Wade Miley, and Justin Masterson for the same price that Lester would've cost. I like it. We've got some young arms that are extremely close as well with Henry Owens and Anthony Ranaudo. Really excited to see this team.

Red Sox ended up with Porcello, Wade Miley, and Justin Masterson for the same price that Lester would've cost. I like it. We've got some young arms that are extremely close as well with Henry Owens and Anthony Ranaudo. Really excited to see this team.

I think Masterson will get right again with the Sox. I was bummed when we let him go years ago - he seemed like a great fit with the organization. Hope Farrell can get him straightened out and healthy.

Eh, I'd much rather have just spent the money on Lester personally. Porcello is at least still young, but he's more of a #3 or 4 starter right now. Masterson has been a mess for the vast majority of his career. Miley is interesting though. That was a nice pickup. I just don't think Porcello and Masterson were, but that's just one man's opinion.

Boston has obviously improved a lot from last year's debacle, but I don't love the moves they've made. I dislike the pickups of Hanley Ramirez, Masterson, and Porcello.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom