Time out not called | Syracusefan.com

Time out not called

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
From where I was sitting today, after Mali got that last rebound and was falling out of bounds, he signaled a time out. It could have been a disaster because we didn't have any left. Was it mentioned on tv?

From where I was sitting today, after Mali got that last rebound and was falling out of bounds, he signaled a time out. It could have been a disaster because we didn't have any left. Was it mentioned on tv?

No not a peep. Didn't see it watching either.

Your not allowed to call a to falling out of bounds anymore, so it would have been gt's ball anyway, no harm done.

hoopsupstate said:

Saw that and thank god the foul was called first. Would have been a T with a foul shot and them getting the ball.

Briancuse said:
Your not allowed to call a to falling out of bounds anymore, so it would have been gt's ball anyway, no harm done.

Isn't that when you leave the floor and are going out of bounds? Mal had his feet on the ground and was just leaning back. He may not have even fell out of bounds if he didn't get fouled.

Isn't that when you leave the floor and are going out of bounds? Mal had his feet on the ground and was just leaning back. He may not have even fell out of bounds if he didn't get fouled.
you are correct. It was a bad call. What's new?

We got lucky.

But that was a dumb rule 21 years ago and it's still a dumb rule. Needlessly excessive penalty for an innocent mistake.

GT coach was telling ref Mal tried to call TO. Then they went to review before Mal shot the fts and i was sure somehow they were going to rule he tried to call TO even though that prob isn't reviewable

wasn't mentioned on the broadcast. I was wondering about it because from my seat I thought he tried to call a time out. when I watched the replay, I think the foul was first so it shouldn't matter but it was scary anyway. I think he got fouled first.

I could be wrong, but I think its anytime where you try to save a possession before going out of bounds.

Simple fix: change the rule so that a time out can only be called during a dead ball (which includes after a basket). Easy, huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom