Time to go, Mo... | Syracusefan.com

Time to go, Mo...

There aren't many professional athletes that I think you can point to with confidence and say "he's a role model." But I feel pretty confident saying that Mo is one of those guys that all young people should look up to. Just a pure class act who played the game the way it was supposed to be played and is just an all around good human being.

There aren't many professional athletes that I think you can point to with confidence and say "he's a role model." But I feel pretty confident saying that Mo is one of those guys that all young people should look up to. Just a pure class act who played the game the way it was supposed to be played and is just an all around good human being.

I can't stand the Yankeees but you said it very well. I can't help but like Mo.

What can you say about Mo that already hasn't been said.

Simply put, he was the best and he's leaving at the top of his game.

Thanks for the memories Mr. Rivera

When Mo entered the game you just knew the Yankees chances to win were almost assured.

We were all fortunate to watch this future Hall of Famer pitch.

A legend for all-time.

It seems like yesterday when he first appeared as John Wetland's set-up man.

Little did we know, when John headed off for Texas, what was in store for so many wonderful seasons.

He went out on his own terms, so few players in the history of the game can say that.

We will miss you like crazy, there will be a huge void on the 2014 Yankees.

Years down the road people will still feel like he could come out of retirement and baffle hitters with that wonderous cutter.

What can you say about Mo that already hasn't been said.

It seems like yesterday when he first appeared as John Wetland's set-up man.

Little did we know, when John headed off for Texas, what was in store for so many wonderful seasons.

Watching this week I learned a couple new things about Mo. His first game as a New York Yankee was as a starting pitcher. Who would have figured that. His game last night he retired all four of the men he faced. His lifetime ERA went down to 2.095. He now has the lowest ERA of anyone who has pitched 1200+ innings. Ed Cicotte was the previous record holder at 2.10. I'm not sure what will happen this weekend in Houston. I have a feeling he will pitch at least once but maybe not. Great job last night by Girardi.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...minate-as-a-starting-pitcher-way-back-in-1995

Watching this week I learned a couple new things about Mo. His first game as a New York Yankee was as a starting pitcher. Who would have figured that. His game last night he retired all four of the men he faced. His lifetime ERA went down to 2.095. He now has the lowest ERA of anyone who has pitched 1200+ innings. Ed Cicotte was the previous record holder at 2.10. I'm not sure what will happen this weekend in Houston. I have a feeling he will pitch at least once but maybe not. Great job last night by Girardi.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...minate-as-a-starting-pitcher-way-back-in-1995
He has expressed an interest in playing the outfield.

How could you deny him his last request?

"Says Girardi: “In my mind, thinking that he’s going to want to pitch, it would be a situation that I might bring him in (in) the eighth to play the outfield and close him out in the ninth if we have that opportunity.”

Last edited:
He has expressed an interest in playing the outfield.

How could you deny him his last request?

"Says Girardi: “In my mind, thinking that he’s going to want to pitch, it would be a situation that I might bring him in (in) the eighth to play the outfield and close him out in the ninth if we have that opportunity.”
I'm hoping last night was enough for him and he doesn't choose to pitch in Houston.

I know he has long desired to play in center, but hope he decides not to end his career as a sideshow outfielder on the road against the worst team in baseball. That just doesn't seem Mo-like to me.

I don't like when grown men cry. So I didn't like myself last night.

That was something else. I haven't cried like that since Jon Voight died at the end of The Champ. Of course, I was about 6.

Cool moment. Good for baseball. Rivera will have to attend and come out of the dugout to call a double switch in Jeter's last inning one day soon.

BVMgZ4eCQAEDoHU.jpg

Baseball did the right thing to look the other way and not spoil the moment when Andy & Derek went to the mound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom