time to re-evaluate hunt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

time to re-evaluate hunt

i said some time back that we rely on hunt to run way to much, and that he will not be able to run against good teams as he is to slow and they will be to fast. i was criticized for that evaluation
It is not that he is slow because he is pretty shifty, it is because any one dimensional offense will get shut down by good defenses. ND had only 6 in the box the entire game. They didn't need anymore as we couldn't move their front line. They were simply better.

It's clear he is more comfortable throwing deep, so it would be nice if the offense was geared in that direction.

Doesn't this show up when these people spend hundreds of man-hours watching film during the week?

Doesn't this show up when these people spend hundreds of man-hours watching film during the week?
Hunt is inconsistent in just about every type of pass. For every impressive throw there is an uncatchable one. This is one of the reasons we gain a lot of yards without points.

When he is off he misses on every type. Don't you think the coaches would jump all over what he CONSISTENTLY did well? Trouble is there isn't anything. Hunt has to improve his passing game or nothing will change. Coaches can call the plays but they can't throw the passes.

It is not that he is slow because he is pretty shifty, it is because any one dimensional offense will get shut down by good defenses. ND had only 6 in the box the entire game. They didn't need anymore as we couldn't move their front line. They were simply better.
you are correct---but he is still slow--god bless him---and will be slow against everyone else as well

you are correct---but he is still slow--god bless him---and will be slow against everyone else as well
I am always amazed when he pulls off a 20 yard run. It is as if I am watching in slow motion. Some players just seem to have the ability to find running room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom