time to re-evaluate hunt | Syracusefan.com

time to re-evaluate hunt

orangehomer

All American
he can't run against anyone good, and he cant pass against anyone. where does that leave us?

it leaves us with him as out best qb. His wide outs aren't running open.

Those stats they just showed are pretty surprising. Honestly, they don't jibe with the "eye test." 15-22 right now for 193 yards. That's 68% completion percentage, for 8.8 yards per pass.

Huh?

Those stats they just showed are pretty surprising. Honestly, they don't jibe with the "eye test." 15-22 right now for 180 yards. That's 68% completion percentage, for 8.18 yards per pass.

Huh?
I wish the refs hadn't made the mistake of blowing the whistle on that play at the end of the half.

I wish the refs hadn't made the mistake of blowing the whistle on that play at the end of the half.

No kidding. We could have used that.

RF2044 said:
Those stats they just showed are pretty surprising. Honestly, they don't jibe with the "eye test." 15-22 right now for 193 yards. That's 68% completion percentage, for 8.8 yards per pass. Huh?
Lots of deep balls

Lots of deep balls

So what? Those were completions that he threw, weren't they?

I didn't expect ~70%, though. Not based on the keystone cops way our offense performed for a large stretch of this game. Point being: Hunt has played a lot better than several threads worth of criticism tonight give him credit for.

RF2044 said:
So what? Those were completions that he threw, weren't they? I didn't expect ~70%, though. Not based on the keystone cops way our offense performed for a large stretch of this game. Point being: Hunt has played a lot better than several threads worth of criticism tonight give him credit for.
I have no problem with hunt. Your eye test was ignoring big plays

I'm not the one who needs my eyes checked. I've been pretty consistent in my support of Hunt all season.

Last edited:
Hunt isn't the problem. He hasn't been the problem all year. The offensive line can't go a drive without a false start, we struggle defending the pass, and McDonald has an awful feel for the game. He (McD) makes far too many drive killing play calls.

Chris02M said:
294 yards passing and cant play wow
38 attempts. He was ok but as usual he was below a 120 rating. Hard to win that way

38 attempts. He was ok but as usual he was below a 120 rating. Hard to win that way
I never said he was good . I would say he was B- tonight which I call pretty good but a little inconsistent

Totally uninformed post. He threw the ball well vertically. The play calling holds him back, he is not good with screens and slants. Throws a great fade, and his post is getting better. He barely ran at all in the second half because he was playing hurt. Most QBs would not have been allowed back in hobbling around like he was. Is he perfect? No. Does he suck? No. He's a raw, developing, QB dealing with drive killing penalties, suspect play calling, and inferior WRs in comparison to the competition.

Totally uninformed post. He threw the ball well vertically. The play calling holds him back, he is not good with screens and slants. Throws a great fade, and his post is getting better. He barely ran at all in the second half because he was playing hurt. Most QBs would not have been allowed back in hobbling around like he was. Is he perfect? No. Does he suck? No. He's a raw, developing, QB dealing with drive killing penalties, suspect play calling, and inferior WRs in comparison to the competition.

Hunt is gutsy and tough. We can win with him.

I have to differ. While he threw some very nice balls tonight, he missed on wide open receivers quite badly on others. He is still inconsistent, especially when we near the red zone. I say near the red zone because we rarely actually get in it and stay in it.

Hunt is what we have and we have to hope he improves as the season advances. There is no other play here.

he can't run against anyone good, and he cant pass against anyone. where does that leave us?

BLASPHEMY!! You take it back! One must not question the Hunt or else become the 'Hunted'.

i said some time back that we rely on hunt to run way to much, and that he will not be able to run against good teams as he is to slow and they will be to fast. i was criticized for that evaluation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom