Time to Relax? | Syracusefan.com

Time to Relax?

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
During the Notre Dame game, at what point on the clock did you relax? For me it was when there were 5 minutes left. Am I more paranoid than other fans?

During the Notre Dame game, at what point on the clock did you relax? For me it was when there were 5 minutes left. Am I more paranoid than other fans?

It was way earlier for me. They didn't have much of anything that scared me after the first half. Heck, I wasn't even upset about the made 3-pointer at half. If Lydon had missed the shot immediately before that, well, then maybe I would have gotten nervous.

I relaxed after the first half was done. I figured it was over based on what I was seeing on the floor and them missing a key player. I was not scared of that punk Lex Luger.

Yeah, offense was just clicking too much last night to think they would just go into the tank even if ND started raining 3s. I just didn't think ND had what it would take to get the stops they needed to get back in the game once they were down by 17. Once we weathered the initial (and usual) 2nd half barrage, I felt pretty good thereafter.

definitely not before the 5 min mark.

My favorite moment was with around 12 minutes left in the second half and our team up by 23 the announcer said something really funny and stupid. The way I interpreted what he was saying was, "the only way ND can win this game is ND has to start playing defense." Sometimes the announces say really goofy things.

I felt pretty good with 10 or so minutes left. We were all over them like a squirrel in the underpants.
7bSLe9w.gif

When Mal hit that three and one. Game over.

Yes, THIS.
They had cut it to 12, and if they get a stop there, could have gotten it down to 10 or 9 on the next possession.
MALI said NOT ON MY WATCH!!! and hit that icy 3, and 1!!
Game. Over.

There were a couple of key plays that gave me confidence this was not NDs night. The second charge on Vasturia which was early 2nd half. That put him back on his heels. The 4 pt play, and right after the couple times they trimmed it to 12 after making threes, G, or Cooney, or Lydon or Mal always had an answer with TRob providing a nice complement all over the floor. When JB is playing Frankie to simply maintain ball control, you know he is confident of the win.

You would probably resonate with a card I once saw which read: Today is the beginning of the rest of the trouble."

after we went on the 21 point run, or whatever it was. that game was over then

Yeah, around 5 minutes I thought, all we have to do is eat 30 seconds 5 times, and don't let them score quickly. Even if they scored every possession and we didn't score once the rest of the game(not going to happen), we still would've probably been ok.

it was a wrap early. they were trying to guard cooney with white guys and that just don't work. they were missing a guy that could have really hurt us, plus I think brey's record against boeheim is abysmal.

when KJ came in
How unfortunate for Joseph. I've bashed him several times myself on this board, but look at where this kid has fallen to. Only gets play with other walk-on's. God damn that truly upsets me that we kinda have two wasted scholarships in Joseph and Obokoh.

At least Joseph has an upside of potential. Obokoh is Frankenstein on the court and that won't ever change.

Btw, from now on every time you see Obokoh get in the game. Really watch him on defense. He truly walks like Frankenstein would.

How unfortunate for Joseph. I've bashed him several times myself on this board, but look at where this kid has fallen to. Only gets play with other walk-on's. God damn that truly upsets me that we kinda have two wasted scholarships in Joseph and Obokoh.

At least Joseph has an upside of potential. Obokoh is Frankenstein on the court and that won't ever change.

Btw, from now on every time you see Obokoh get in the game. Really watch him on defense. He truly walks like Frankenstein would.
Does it make you feel better for having bashed a young person like him ?

I still have PTSD over that Pitt home loss in 2008 and never feel comfortable with any lead until I see walk-ons.
Yes I still clearly remember that one, JB took the air out of the ball with 6 or 7 minutes left and blew the game. That one still hurts to think about.

I still have PTSD over that Pitt home loss in 2008 and never feel comfortable with any lead until I see walk-ons.
That reminds me of the game where Pitt started out on a 17-0 run. The we answered with a 29-0 run to end the half. Great game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom