TNT WOW! | Syracusefan.com

TNT WOW!

Thank you, CuseLegacy.

And thank you CusefanATL for bringing this up. I was wondering if they might do something before the Heat game, but was a bit disappointed that they didn't. Glad to hear that while Pearl didn't have a noteworthy NBA career, that he was recognized.
The Heat tweeted out their mourning.

Miami HEATVerified account ‏@MiamiHEAT 10h10 hours ago
Today, we lost one of our own. The entire Miami HEAT family mourns the loss Dwayne "Pearl" Washington.

CgfvwKFVAAIZDM8.jpg

Thank you, CuseLegacy.

And thank you CusefanATL for bringing this up. I was wondering if they might do something before the Heat game, but was a bit disappointed that they didn't. Glad to hear that while Pearl didn't have a noteworthy NBA career, that he was recognized.
They did before the game.

Thank you, CuseLegacy.

My buddy texted me when the TNT thing started. I figured by the time I got to the TV that it would def be over. I got to the TV as Kenny was wrapping up and it went on for another 2-4 min after that. It went from what I assume 8pm to 8:07 when it went to a commercial. I was watching with my jaw on the floor. I honestly couldn't believe the segment they did - and then post commercial the Cavs game started. The studio was all Pearl coverage.

My buddy texted me when the TNT thing started. I figured by the time I got to the TV that it would def be over. I got to the TV as Kenny was wrapping up and it went on for another 2-4 min after that. It went from what I assume 8pm to 8:07 when it went to a commercial. I was watching with my jaw on the floor. I honestly couldn't believe the segment they did - and then post commercial the Cavs game started. The studio was all Pearl coverage.
It was really well done. Kenny, Charles and Shaq all shared thoughts on Pearl with a lead in by Ernie.

this is a bit diff than the 1 i watched so this was prob halftime of late game or something - but marvelous to see a SECOND 8 minute segment. its crazy! they guy didnt even have an nba career to really speak of, but the NBA is showing MASSIVE respect.

the segment i watched, about the same length in time, the biggest diff was shaq spoke about growing up in NJ looking up to pearl.

this is a bit diff than the 1 i watched so this was prob halftime of late game or something - but marvelous to see a SECOND 8 minute segment. its crazy! they guy didnt even have an nba career to really speak of, but the NBA is showing MASSIVE respect.

the segment i watched, about the same length in time, the biggest diff was shaq spoke about growing up in NJ looking up to pearl.
Yea, this is definitely another segment which is even more amazing.

I think its because Pearl had such an impact on players in the 90's.

I think it also helped that this wasn't a "sudden" death. He was giving 2 weeks to live and almost/just did make it? Can't remember the exact date it was announced.

That was freaking incredible.

Wow.

Kenny Smith's NYC connection to Pearl is obvious, but to have a group of all-time NBA greats sit around and talk about the legend of Pearl shows how iconic the man was, even to them -- in a way that totally transcended his relatively unremarkable NBA career.

Last edited:
scottynguyen said:

Charles actually said something intelligent. Thanks for finding and posting.

It was very well done and Shaq and Barkley came across real as they didn't try to overstate their knowledge or history with Pearl. EJ knew Jet was the guy to handle this piece and for the most part kept it where it should be. I thought Smith's comments on the game coming to easy to soon coming back to haunt Pearl in the NBA was interesting.

It was very well done and Shaq and Barkley came across real as they didn't try to overstate their knowledge or history with Pearl. EJ knew Jet was the guy to handle this piece and for the most part kept it where it should be. I thought Smith's comments on the game coming to easy to soon coming back to haunt Pearl in the NBA was interesting.

yeah. he didnt say that in the segment i watched live. Thought it was interesting as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom