TNT WOW! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

TNT WOW!

Very nice tribute...

I was lucky enough to be at what probably was Pearl's best NBA game.
He led the woeful Nets over the NBA finalist Celtics with Larry Bird and Co.
He took those guys to the hoop as easily as if they were G-town.
Still remember Pearl's line: 14 points (6 of 7 shooting), 6 assists, 3 steals, 2 turnovers in 27 minutes.
Hard to believe it was 29 years ago.

I think all these tributes confirm not just his basketball legacy but what a special human being he was. I think his ankle breaking swag on the court yet sincere humility off the court is what distinguishes and made him truly unique to everyone who met him.

Cheriehoop said:
I think all these tributes confirm not just his basketball legacy but what a special human being he was. I think his ankle breaking swag on the court yet sincere humility off the court is what distinguishes and made him truly unique to everyone who met him.
He was so unique. I literally lol'ed reading the blurb by the guy saying he just ran onto the court and took the ball and reeked of salami and Doritos. That's Pearl.

Also enjoyed Kennys breakdown of why his pro career flamed out. He peaked so young.

We literally got him at the height of his legend. We were incredibly lucky.

He was so unique. I literally lol'ed reading the blurb by the guy saying he just ran onto the court and took the ball and reeked of salami and Doritos. That's Pearl.

Also enjoyed Kennys breakdown of why his pro career flamed out. He peaked so young.

We literally got him at the height of his legend. We were incredibly lucky.

I'll always wonder what or if there was any effect from his first brain tumor in the years before it was found. It was discovered around 1995, after he suffered a grand mal seizure necessitating major brain surgery to remove it.

"Sometimes when you are, what you are is why you are, who you are. And Pearl is, and always will be, legendary. Pearl, forever."

What a great line.

Cheriehoop said:
I'll always wonder what or if there was any effect from his first brain tumor in the years before it was found. It was discovered around 1995, after he suffered a grand mal seizure necessitating major brain surgery to remove it.

I always wondered that too. Since it was benign, it may have been slow growing yet still having an impact on his brain and system. The seizure may have been a blessing in presenting it before the mass got bigger and caused other deficits and complications. Many benign tumors never turn malignant, but unfortunately Pearls did many years later meaning they probably hadn't eradicated every cell of the original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom