To increase attendance to home games and seeing only about | Syracusefan.com

To increase attendance to home games and seeing only about

retro44

Living Legend
a few hundred students in the student section so build a god damn new Stadium where there will be huge parking lots around the stadium you can walk a short distance to the gates.

Why are so many worried about the students who don't show up anyways. There are probably more students at Destiny on Saturdays than at the Dome.There is a field down there that is not owned by COR and the University was looking at it as a possible landing spot. Plus this will kill the carrier name once and for all with a few corporate sponsors where the teams can cash in on.

I personally know people who gave up their season tickets because of the parking situations and even skytop messed with the parking up there about 10 years ago.My father who had a hard time walking gave up his because the walk to the buses up at skytop was getting farther to walk for him. He would get up there earlier and earlier and most of the closet handicap spots where gone and a bunch of cars never had the tags on them.

The students don't come because of the 1 beer wristband ridiculousness. IF you're 21, you should be able to spend your money as you'd like. If you're under 21, give 'em a wristband.

Give students a meal voucher and free drink since they apparently have to pay for their tickets.

Build a new stadium and it'll be half empty until the teams wins consistently. You know, EXACTLY like it was in the Dome from 1981 to 1986.
The parking situation was made 10x worse in the last 10 years by the Academic side by taking away good parking lots for games. The attendance will increase with a new stadium and parking that that is so much easier on your feet and or not stuffed into buses like Sardines.

In 1984 we avg. 44,221 and only did better just once this Century. 7 out of the 11 last years we are in the 30's and S.S. last year was the lowest ever. Lack of good parking available and how the University is trying to cash in on it by charging more for what's left,and yes,winning does matter. But I had family members who were still going in GROB era just gave them up because of the parking has gotten worse. But I will say yesterday 5 of my siblings went together up at Skytop with a bunch of kids in tow to have another family/some friends tailgate of close to 30. I was at Fine lot myself with son,while my wife went to skytop. Only two seasons are left with that group now a days. I am 1 of 9 kids.

Proportionally the student section is as empty as the rest of the joint. Not sure why adults here continue to pick on them.
Most students live on campus and they hand out tickets like condoms up there.

The parking situation was made 10x worse in the last 10 years by the Academic side by taking away good parking lots for games. The attendance will increase with a new stadium and parking that that is so much easier on your feet and or not stuffed into buses like Sardines.

In 1984 we avg. 44,221 and only did better just once this Century. 7 out of the 11 last years we are in the 30's and S.S. last year was the lowest ever. Lack of good parking available and how the University is trying to cash in on it by charging more for what's left,and yes,winning does matter. But I had family members who were still going in GROB era just gave them up because of the parking has gotten worse. But I will say yesterday 5 of my siblings went together up at Skytop with a bunch of kids in tow to have another family/some friends tailgate of close to 30. I was at Fine lot myself with son,while my wife went to skytop. Only two seasons are left with that group now a days. I am 1 of 9 kids.

If that's your family's experience I certainly won't argue it.

I will make the point that our basketball team plays in the same facility. I don't recall hearing a hue and cry about not going to games because of parking. But that's also people attending the games of a perennial top 25 program.

I tend to find that if the team is good and people care then they deal with suboptimal parking. Parking for the Sox and Yankees is awful but people from the burbs still go in droves. Parking at a lot of college stadiums means taking a shuttle or walking a long time. But the top 25 programs still draw.

The students are your future donor base. I don't think it makes sense to marginalized them. Most alums also come back to hang on campus and not in the city.
If they don't go to the games,what makes you so sure they won't donate to the Athletic Dept. then. I doubt they would ever donate to that Dept. to begin with. Academic side sure...

The students don't come because of the 1 beer wristband ridiculousness. IF you're 21, you should be able to spend your money as you'd like. If you're under 21, give 'em a wristband.

Give students a meal voucher and free drink since they apparently have to pay for their tickets.

Wait, what? They're only allowed to buy one beer? Why?

If they don't go to the games,what makes you so sure they won't donate to the Athletic Dept. then. I doubt they would ever donate to that Dept. to begin with. Academic side sure...

What makes you think building a new stadium would ultimately improve the parking situation? You might end up paying double and having more expensive tickets. It's not a guarantee a new stadium improves the things you're complaining about.

One beer the whole game or one at a time? If students are really complaining about only being able to buy one beer at a time, then that's a ridiculous complaint and would be far, far down the list of what would need to be changed to improve the gameday atmosphere.

Winning is the only way to increase attendance. The locals supports hoops because they win and have built up equity.

Football needs a 4-5 year run to get sustained increase in attendance. We will get bandwagons yearly if the team is good that year.

First students should enter free , be part of a halftime $$ give away they need to be in the stands There must be an effort to get them there maybe all the tickets should be free ... until they win . This team will be very very good in 3 years than the stands will be near full . I don't blame fans for not believing yet but the students are a must

Just give the students free admission for god sake's. For the price they're paying to go to school there it seems like the least the University could do is give them free football and basketball tickets If their section seats 1000 then the first 1000 get in free .

A small number of folks (too small to consider a real sample size) on our various football fb pages complained that "locals can't watch the game on TV." This bothers me. If you're that local... go.to.the.Dome.

Makes me wonder how many people can see the Dome from their bedroom windows and whine they can't watch it on TV instead.

Just give the students free admission for god sake's. For the price they're paying to go to school there it seems like the least the University could do is give them free football and basketball tickets If their section seats 1000 then the first 1000 get in free .

Free and dollar beer. You want noise and fannies in the seats, that should do it.

One beer the whole game or one at a time? If students are really complaining about only being able to buy one beer at a time, then that's a ridiculous complaint and would be far, far down the list of what would need to be changed to improve the gameday atmosphere.
They're allowed to buy one beer at a time. I think that's pretty stupid because you then have to go back for another one ten minutes after getting your first.

IMG_1378.JPG

I have no clue. I thought this was America. An alum i sit with let me in on that, it all makes sense now.

Parking complaints just show how many people dont go to other events to see its actually better than many. people went to the state fair and that was far worse most days.

people go see the yankees and mets and have to take subways/trains for longer than a 5min ride from skytop.

wait until people go to LSU or PSU or WV and find the wait to get in and out of the parking lot that costs $50.

anyone who cant walk should just park at skytop and ride the special bus in, its like parking next to the dome without the traffic

If the students who bought student tickets showed up, no one would be talking about student attendance. Not a compelling enough social event yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom