To increase attendance to home games and seeing only about | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

To increase attendance to home games and seeing only about

You: "The alumni thing is different than most of these other schools. It's not driving to a game it's a weekend."

Me: "Really? Does anyone know the % of alumni within 130 miles (that's what I drive each way each week)?"

You: "I don't but sure it could be found out. Someone threw out a super high number in one of these threads."

Sorry, wrote it wrong. By super high number I meant the amount of people out of the general area. Then someone else posted 90% are gone.

I watched that game with a Nebraska fan at my house. Game was on USA Network IIRC...I had it on my TV. He didn't get USA at his place. He told me he would be nice when the game got out of hand. He was very quiet in the second half.
Had to be one of the biggest upsets ever considering what happened the prior year and Nebraska had not lost a regular season game in 2 years.

I know. That's the crux of this particular argument. Some (like me) think they have an obligation and some (like you) don't think there is an obligation.

We thank you for your service.

I ain't obligated to do sheet with my free time.
I already waste far too much time on my Syracuse fandom.
And for me, living 3+ hours away, I have little desire, and near zero chance (due to family obligations) of going to games.
I also don't give a cent to the University or Athletic department.
(they got my tuition checks for 4 years.)

And I'm clearly not in the minority.

We thank you for your service.

I ain't obligated to do sheet with my free time.
I already waste far too much time on my Syracuse fandom.
And for me, living 3+ hours away, I have little desire, and near zero chance (due to family obligations) of going to games.
I also don't give a cent to the University or Athletic department.
(they got my tuition checks for 4 years.)

And I'm clearly not in the minority.
I will put you down in the "don't think there is an obligation" column.

Had to be one of the biggest upsets ever considering what happened the prior year and Nebraska had not lost a regular season game in 2 years.
It changed the trajectory of the program. It was huge. After that one, we knew they could win each game...it was possible even if not probable.

Sorry, wrote it wrong. By super high number I meant the amount of people out of the general area. Then someone else posted 90% are gone.
Ok...I'd love to see a study on it. With 29,000 in CNY alone, I would expect a lot more in the 130 mile radius.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom