To My Fellow Cuse Fans We Are In The ACC Now! | Syracusefan.com

To My Fellow Cuse Fans We Are In The ACC Now!

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Remember the fans you see around Syracuse this weekend are not the typical Rutgers Moron you know is a jerk and will be a jerk at the game (RutgersAl and a few others excepted). We should see at least 5000 of them...most are like you and me. When did we see 5000 visiting fans after 2003 that didn't burn couches?

We are in the ACC now. We need to invite our Clemson fans into our tailgates. We need to say hello to them on the sidewalk. Talk to them about the league, welcome them to Upstate NY. If so inclined buy them a beer. Sure you can rib them but do it with respect. I always admired the ACC as they seemed to circle the wagons against outsiders. We are on the inside now. I already have numerous ACC teams and fans I respect. NCSt might take awhile but the rest are pretty easy to respect. I never respected Big East teams and fans because I saw them as an adversary trying to leave the Big East ahead of us. Let's learn some ACC Football traditions...we have plenty of time to show them our traditions. They will soon be amazed they got a Sparkling Diamond for Basketball and a Diamond in the Rough for Football.

Let's give them 60 minutes of Hell in the Dome!

JoeCollege has offered to buy every Clemson fan a beer at the Fine Mess. ;)

Absolutely. Was planning on writing this but you did it better.

I like State fans! And the few Tiger fans I know as well. Always feel like they have more insiderinomthan I do bu I hink that's the Northerner living in Southern territory mentality.

If Clemson brings 5,000 fans, it will be more fans than Buttgers brought to the Dome ever TOTAL.

ABC my fellow cuse fans - Always Be Classy!
Great post Mark.

Great post Mark.We can treat them to a Hofmann's at the tailgate.

Last edited:
I like your fan base from the interaction here on the board. Very civil and that is much appreciated. I couldn't make the trip this year to Syracuse, but I hope to see some of you next year at Clemson. You guys/gals are proving to be a great addition to the ACC.

Remember the fans you see around Syracuse this weekend are not the typical Rutgers Moron you know is a jerk and will be a jerk at the game (RutgersAl and a few others excepted). We should see at least 5000 of them...most are like you and me. When did we see 5000 visiting fans after 2003 that didn't burn couches?

We are in the ACC now. We need to invite our Clemson fans into our tailgates. We need to say hello to them on the sidewalk. Talk to them about the league, welcome them to Upstate NY. If so inclined buy them a beer. Sure you can rib them but do it with respect. I always admired the ACC as they seemed to circle the wagons against outsiders. We are on the inside now. I already have numerous ACC teams and fans I respect. NCSt might take awhile but the rest are pretty easy to respect. I never respected Big East teams and fans because I saw them as an adversary trying to leave the Big East ahead of us. Let's learn some ACC Football traditions...we have plenty of time to show them our traditions. They will soon be amazed they got a Sparkling Diamond for Basketball and a Diamond in the Rough for Football.

Just remind them your favorite American hero is Sherman and all's golden.

Thank you!

I think you'll find Clemson fans to be rabid in competition and southern ladies and gentlemen before and afterwards.

We may talk funny to you, but we are good people. Clemson just won for the second year in a row - the best tailgating school in the south by Southern Living magazine.

http://thedailysouth.southernliving...its-second-title-as-the-souths-best-tailgate/

Please take an opportunity to visit us when you can.

Clemson is a small rural campus with 80,000 football fans - the town is orange every day but shines bright orange on game days. Please feel welcome.

Of course this advice does not necessarily apply to the redheaded stepchild.

Here here. Grest post Mark. Looking forward to the interaction with Clemson fans. Should be a great atmosphere Saturday.

It'd be great to get the same reaction from Clemson (and all visiting ACC fans) this year that Texas A&M and College Station got last year.

Florida and LSU fans absolutely LOVED their trips to College Station, and were amazed with how friendly 90% of Aggies were when it came to the game and the tailgates (can't wait to go to my next Aggie tailgate here in a few weeks against Auburn).

It's something to hang your hat on as a school/community, and I'm a bit jealous of my entire family for having that.

Clemson was actually #2 on my list of colleges. Looking back I kinda wish I didn't get in to #1. ;)

If that had happened, though, I would never have met my beautiful wife... or my bitch, JoeCollege. So everything worked out for the best. But oh the parties I must have missed...:eek:

This doesn't go for NC St. fans.

Just saw a bunch getting off planes at the airport.

Going to be a fun weekend

NCSt might take awhile but the rest are pretty easy to respect.

I was at Mother's this morning for breakfast. A couple of guys from the NC State soccer team were there picking up a $150 to go order. They didn't give the waitress a tip and she was pissed. Not nice.Oh Lord

Ran into a couple of Clemson guys at Denali this summer. Good guys, had a nice talk. They were very excited about their first trip to the dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom