Today Dino needs to be locked up | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Today Dino needs to be locked up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see John Wildhack messing this up. It could possibly happen but I trust hes going to do everything he can to give him what he wants. As far as talking higher ups to Pay Dino and staff. I have faith. And as far as other teams signing Dino. I am confident we most likely will keep him. Football is undefeated in the Dome. Why would you invest all this money and not pay the proven coach and staff more money? We arent talking a hundred million dollars. Dino might lose a couple guys, maybe even a high profile guy. But he had a great year with losing what's his name to Kent State? And a lot of people thought he was a top coach.

Well said and deals like this get done after the season in Jan or Feb.

Don’t you dare what’s his name
HIS NAME SEAN LEWIS
Lol kidding
But Dino has lost assistants in the past and the train will keep on moving

LOL, yes, i miss Lewis on the O side. WOULD love to see him orange again with a fat assistant, OC contract. The DINO thing is gonna work best with defense and the old school play calling.

Brohm was already getting $4 million. We need to at least get to the level to be competitive.

a mod says give him a $500k raise 4 years from now so you're wrong.

Here’s what I said combining 3 posts. The last 2 are in response to you.

Extend 4 years $15m. Graduated scale. $3.3m, $3.6m, $3.9m, $4.2m

It’s an extension not a new contract. A 4 year extension this year would put him under contract for 7 more years.

I’m sure his current contract contains escalations too. He gets a raise every year. And who knows, maybe negotiations for the extension includes bumping those raises in the current contract. Or maybe the extension includes a bonus to be paid now instead of increasing the raises in the current contract. We’re getting in the weeds. I have no doubt Wildhack knows what he is doing and I know that he and Babers talk constantly and are on the same page as to what he and the program needs.

According to Bill Simmons, but that could just be a bitter ex-employee talking

Def bitter about Wildhack. Even if the last few years could be blamed on him, ESPN rose to the heights it did while he was in a high level position.

ESPN's slow demise is about cord-cutting, not Wildhack

Here’s what I said combining 3 posts. The last 2 are in response to you.

Extend 4 years $15m. Graduated scale. $3.3m, $3.6m, $3.9m, $4.2m

It’s an extension not a new contract. A 4 year extension this year would put him under contract for 7 more years.

I’m sure his current contract contains escalations too. He gets a raise every year. And who knows, maybe negotiations for the extension includes bumping those raises in the current contract. Or maybe the extension includes a bonus to be paid now instead of increasing the raises in the current contract. We’re getting in the weeds. I have no doubt Wildhack knows what he is doing and I know that he and Babers talk constantly and are on the same page as to what he and the program needs.

i guess you can interpret that in multiple ways. i think your light, but the beauty is we shall find out. i know we as fans all want to keep him, so as long as that goal is accomplished, then im happy.

it might be their ad is willing to spend a ton of money. the older i get, the more i get creeped out by old, white boosters spending gobs of money to support these fake amateur programs.
Really?.. because I’d gladly take some old white booster money for our program.

i guess you can interpret that in multiple ways. i think your light, but the beauty is we shall find out. i know we as fans all want to keep him, so as long as that goal is accomplished, then im happy.

I hope he gets $10m a year. I’m just spitballing based on the landscape and where he fits in the national rankings of salaries.

For all we know Baber's may have already signed an extension, and just wants everyone in the AD to be closed lipped. We'll like find out in a few years when the 2019 990 for Syracuse University comes out, and we can see the top paid employees.

However, that brings me to my next question (sorry if this has been discussed). What actual effect does this extension talk have on the recruiting trail? I can imagine other coaches bringing up the fact that Dino hasn't publicly signed any type of extension and will probably be gone from Syracuse next year. I know we've recently brought in some great recruits, so I'm assuming it's not that big of an issue, but just curious what other's thoughts are who are closer to the situation.

John Wildhack is undermining Orange by delaying Dino Babers extension

Why are people acting crazy? Does anyone believe this?
I wish I hadn't opened that soiled TP of an "article ". The internet has unfortunately allowed for any half brain with a computer to pretend they're Dick Schaap for a few minutes. It was all H0T Takes from the outside with no knowledge of what's going on. He threw in a bunch of quotes from PS articles that aren't really even related to his premise, that Dino Babers' recruiting efforts are being handcuffed (he provides no evidence supporting this theory) because he hasn't been extended yet. In fact, the article makes it seem like he's in the final year of his contract. Pure white. I hate that I'm even discussing this.

Guys a clown writing on a clown site.

Who is it? I notice he floods the syracusefan.com Facebook site.

It's such a bad clickbait article.

I'm sorry I posted it. I just couldn't believe what I was reading. I don't even tweet that much and I'm in a pissing match with this guy. I just need to step back but honestly this thought process by some people is crazy to me

Boy green or something. Paul Andrew Essen jr

Ah with national prominence comes irrational fans who don’t know how to handle success and a responsible athletic culture.

Dino values his seniors. Dino values his players and his football family.

Wildhack values Dino.

Dino and Wildhack are not going to derail the conclusion of a wildly successful senior/football campaign by publicly talking contacts prior to the biggest bowl game we’ve had in decades.

Some people should just not.

No idea who he is and don’t care. That’s an uninformed and reckless article.

I noticed the same thing about the Facebook site. I wish he would knock it off. I would hate to have anyone think he is somehow affiliated with us, especially after this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom