Today is a classic example of how every team has issues | Syracusefan.com

Today is a classic example of how every team has issues

Marsh01

Living Legend
Carolina didnt defend (I know without Henson)
Kentucky thought after Georgia they could make outside shots with consistency

It would not shock me if anyone got beat in the round of 32 this year. Survive and advance.

I actually hoped UK won today. This loss will just refocus them.

Last year Ohio State, Kansas and Duke clearly had the best teams in the country. :)

They all watched the Final Four on TV. :(

Carolina didnt defend (I know without Henson)
Kentucky thought after Georgia they could make outside shots with consistency

It would not shock me if anyone got beat in the round of 32 this year. Survive and advance.

Change "this year" to "any year". Every frickin' year is such a crap shoot I don't know how anyone can be confident.

anyone can win the ncaa tourney this year. i think its obvious, from last year a uconn-butler final, this years final four could be anyone

The crapshoot tourney is fun when youre a 3-10 seed. Not so much when you're a 1 or 2 seed. Im embarassed to admit im jealous of the college football BCS. Not sure theres a different way of doing things but id like it alot better if maybe Sweet 16 and on consisted of a "best of 3" format or something.

I actually hoped UK won today. This loss will just refocus them.

Maybe.

Or maybe it will fill them with self-doubt and make them "tight" if they get into a close game again. Hard to say how they'll handle adversity when the going gets tough and it's single elimination.

Who knows how it would have benefited them to roll into the tourney feeling invincible.

The crapshoot tourney is fun when youre a 3-10 seed. Not so much when you're a 1 or 2 seed. Im embarassed to admit im jealous of the college football BCS. Not sure theres a different way of doing things but id like it alot better if maybe Sweet 16 and on consisted of a "best of 3" format or something.

the problem is the first 2 rounds of the tournament is what makes "march madness". The upsets and cinderellas and "david beating goliath" is why its so popular.

honestly the best way to do it, so you can really reward the top seeds, is to reseed after each round. its not really fair for a 1 seed to be locked into playing an 8/9 seed (usually a decent team) in the 2nd round, while a 3 seed could potentially be playing an 11 seed in the 2nd round. but reseeding will never happen cuz that will eliminate all the betting and office pools.

Reading some of the posts on this board, we'll be lucky to GET to the round of 32. Oh Lord

the problem is the first 2 rounds of the tournament is what makes "march madness". The upsets and cinderellas and "david beating goliath" is why its so popular.

honestly the best way to do it, so you can really reward the top seeds, is to reseed after each round. its not really fair for a 1 seed to be locked into playing an 8/9 seed (usually a decent team) in the 2nd round, while a 3 seed could potentially be playing an 11 seed in the 2nd round. but reseeding will never happen cuz that will eliminate all the betting and office pools.

How is that a "problem?" :cool:

Best championship format in any sport, at any level!!!

LGO!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom