Tommy has to start vs NC State. | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Tommy has to start vs NC State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only one of those passes was actually under thrown. The under thrown ball to Harris was, in fact, under thrown. However, it was within his catch radius. Harris just wasn't ready for the ball. The "under thrown" ball to Custis was more or less thrown perfectly. He turned around for the ball--as he was being held like a boss--and it hit him in the chest. The "under thrown" ball resulting in an interception wasn't under thrown. DeVito bit on a well disguised coverage. In his defense, I bit watching that coverage.
You got nothing right other than the fake corner blitz but Harris was 8 yards beyond him and the ball was way under thrown.

You got nothing right other than the fake corner blitz but Harris was 8 yards beyond him and the ball was way under thrown.

Dude, even the announcer noted that it under thrown but catchable. What play are you talking about? There was an OVERTHROW that wasn't catchable, but the under thrown ball was absolutely catchable.

Also, if you didn't see the ball hit Custis in the chest, then I don't know what to tell you. You can literally watch it on YouTube.

Only one of those passes was actually under thrown. The under thrown ball to Harris was, in fact, under thrown. However, it was within his catch radius. Harris just wasn't ready for the ball. The "under thrown" ball to Custis was more or less thrown perfectly. He turned around for the ball--as he was being held like a boss--and it hit him in the chest. The "under thrown" ball resulting in an interception wasn't under thrown. DeVito bit on a well disguised coverage. In his defense, I bit watching that coverage.

Yup. Even Dino said in his presser that the INT was a result of a very advanced coverage scheme, and the Frosh bit on it hook line & sinker.

The D is trying to disguise things and mix them up, and it worked like a charm there for them. We were lucky it didn’t go for a pick-6.

I will not hear arguments on this. Offense is night and day.
Remember when Tommy D was left in that game for too long, and Dungey had to go back in to save the W? Remember how much flak HCDB took for letting him take his lumps, and and and the, “we know better than the HC” fan chorus was ready to 2nd guess his motives? Member? (Said in my best Chris Farley voice).

Point being, if Dino says Eric starts, then I’ll go w/ his assessment over anyone else’s. JMHO

Dude, even the announcer noted that it under thrown but catchable. What play are you talking about? There was an OVERTHROW that wasn't catchable, but the under thrown ball was absolutely catchable.

Also, if you didn't see the ball hit Custis in the chest, then I don't know what to tell you. You can literally watch it on YouTube.
I never mentioned that play. I was talking about the wide open post that was overthrown. Yes Custis did catch the ball in his chest area because he stoped on s under thrown ball and leaped up over the defender

Yup. Even Dino said in his presser that the INT was a result of a very advanced coverage scheme, and the Frosh bit on it hook line & sinker.

The D is trying to disguise things and mix them up, and it worked like a charm there for them. We were lucky it didn’t go for a pick-6.
The receiver was still wide open in that coverage it was a bad read and bad throw.

The receiver was still wide open in that coverage it was a bad read and bad throw.

You've done a real nice job pointing out every Tommy mistake. I love them both but at this point, I think it's obvious Tommy can make the throws that Eric physically can't.

I thought his performance was great just pointing out the faults of Devito like everyone is doing to Dungey.

In that game, in a straight comparison - it’s pretty clear who was better. Of course he wasn’t perfect. Just better.

That's interesting because when TD came to the sideline I also saw a lot of support from his teammates to keep his head up and I thought that was positive affirmation the team wasn't upset about him being put in.
That was positive. I am not making an observation or an opinion. These are just questions that a coach have to ask when he's making a decision. BTW I wouldn't based my opinion just on body language of a team during the game. There's hours and days of interactions and meetings we do not see or know about.

You've done a real nice job pointing out every Tommy mistake. I love them both but at this point, I think it's obvious Tommy can make the throws that Eric physically can't.
Because you guys do the exact same thing to Dungey. How was that nice deep ball to Custis to start the half a throw that he can’t make. How was that pass to Riley that he dropped.

Because you guys do the exact same thing to Dungey. How was that nice deep ball to Custis to start the half a throw that he can’t make. How was that pass to Riley that he dropped.

Yes, we all hate Eric and want him to fail. [\sarcasm]

Good lord, if you can't tell the difference at skill set (injury or not) with arm strength and accuracy then I don't know what to tell you.

Eric has made a million plays and carried this them with minimal talent his whole career. It doesn't mean that maybe defenses have him finally figured out and what his limitations are. Of course he has a role and you can make an argument that he should start. But to compare DeVito's 7ish minutes and performance to Dungey's in the first 3.5 quarters makes it obvious where the advantage lies at least in that performance.

Just watched Doreen’s press conference and aside from his potted plant personality, he seemed not at all excited about going against Tommy.

Basically said ED USA fiery competitor who can run all over you, while TD is really accurate and can make all the throws.

Yes, we all hate Eric and want him to fail. [\sarcasm]

Good lord, if you can't tell the difference at skill set (injury or not) with arm strength and accuracy then I don't know what to tell you.

Eric has made a million plays and carried this them with minimal talent his whole career. It doesn't mean that maybe defenses have him finally figured out and what his limitations are. Of course he has a role and you can make an argument that he should start. But to compare DeVito's 7ish minutes and performance to Dungey's in the first 3.5 quarters makes it obvious where the advantage lies at least in that performance.

Thank you. You said exactly what I think but said it better than I would have.

if you think they are comparable throwing QB's... I don't know what to tell you. Dungey offers certain things that Tommy can't... throwing the football is certainly not one of them.

Dungey is BJ Daniels at this point. I would still start him and hope you get the good BJ Dungey and if needed go to Tommy. I don’t think Dungey would be a good relief pitcher. More risk in starting Tommy with a weak plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom