Tony White | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White

If anything we've taken from other SU coaching hires, Wildhack is not one to take massive risks. White checks the boxes of an emerging coach with SU 'ties'.

Right or wrong, this is how Wildhack operates and will likely be the choice.
Yup

This sounds like some i'm so in the know game

He coaches cornerbacks here and there. He coached here during seasons that are a big reason why the head coach is going to get fired.

Nebraska is pretty good on defense this year.

He's an impressive guy, and fairly young [by coaching standards].

Obviously, he is pretty good at identifying system fits for the 3-3-5, as evidenced by the players he brought in here.

No idea if he's ready to be a HC.

That's all I got.

We don't need another defensive coach. Certainly not a retread. Syracuse needs a young innovative offensive mind. Syracuse needs Deion without the baggage. Someone to excite the fan base again, and someone offensive players want to come play for.
That’s exactly what Dino was/was supposed to be. Didn’t work out b/c couldn’t recruit. Need to bring in someone young (defense or offense) who embraces the portal/NIL. I think Tony White could be that guy.

If Syracuse cans Dino, I want nothing left from this era. We don't need Shafer 2.0.
This is kind of how I feel too, we’re leaving the Dino era after 8 years because it failed. Tony White was a small bright spot when we brought him in, but let’s not reach back into that era in anyway to try and rebuild the program. Forwards.

This is kind of how I feel too, we’re leaving the Dino era after 8 years because it failed. Tony White was a small bright spot when we brought him in, but let’s not reach back into that era in anyway to try and rebuild the program. Forwards.
Forward to what? Tony is not a Dino guy.

Wish I could like you his 100 times.

Nothing against White.

What is White's charisma/energy level?

When there was first real talk about letting JB go and the board was throwing out names left and right some realistic and some not. Certain posters started throwing out Red even though most of the board wanted to go outside and get a proven coach to turn the program around. Then Red was hired without even a national search….

Now those same posters are starting to drop the name Tony White so imagine now Tony White will be the next head coach if they have the same connections to the football side. I have a strong opinion that we should always hire offense as we will never recruit good enough to play defense first football but I guess we will find out because it seems White will be the hire.
Hiring a defensive coach should be a pass. Either find someone with HC experience or you are telling the fans you don't care about winning just cashing the checks.
Then don't expect fans to continue to show up for the product you put on the field.

I like the Tony White as Head coach move for several reasons and think it is a strong possibility considering how high Wildhack thinks of him. Why I think he could succeed here:
1. He has coached here, understands the limitations that Syracuse has, so he will not come here with Rose colored Glasses and understands the work that will be required.
2, He was a really good defensive coach who had a great relationship with players, which is crucial to coaching!
3. He developed talent
4. He is young energetic and should be able to invigorate a program that will need energy and enthusiasm.
5. Last but not least, he will come at a cost, that we can afford, and that will allow him to have the money to recruit some talent at the assistant coaches level

I like the Tony White as Head coach move for several reasons and think it is a strong possibility considering how high Wildhack thinks of him. Why I think he could succeed here:
1. He has coached here, understands the limitations that Syracuse has, so he will not come here with Rose colored Glasses and understands the work that will be required.
2, He was a really good defensive coach who had a great relationship with players, which is crucial to coaching!
3. He developed talent
4. He is young energetic and should be able to invigorate a program that will need energy and enthusiasm.
5. Last but not least, he will come at a cost, that we can afford, and that will allow him to have the money to recruit some talent at the assistant coaches level
This^^^^^*100000

Hiring a defensive coach should be a pass. Either find someone with HC experience or you are telling the fans you don't care about winning just cashing the checks.
Then don't expect fans to continue to show up for the product you put on the field.
Dan Mullen HC
John Hevesy OC
Todd Grantham DC
Tim Brewster WR / TE
Steve Addazzio OL

Mullen is an absolute pipe dream here lol
I know. That's a staff that is familiar with each other, have been successful, and have some minor ties to the program when it was nationally relevant.

Which is why it would never happen.

I know. That's a staff that is familiar with each other, have been successful, and have some minor ties to the program when it was nationally relevant.

Which is why it would never happen.
I’d be surprised if Mullen leaves the booth in the near future

I don't think he wants to coach anymore, if he did, I think he would have returned a while ago. ESPN seems pretty comfy.
Yeah family time is important

Dan Mullen HC
John Hevesy OC
Todd Grantham DC
Tim Brewster WR / TE
Steve Addazzio OL
You aren't serious with that list are you? We don't have the money to pay Dan Mullen. Steve Addazzio: The only people that I have seen go from being former head coaches back to position coaches, are coaches who are sitting on a pile of buy out cash from their previous head coaching positions or they are being overpaid for their position like what Nick can do at Alabama with his Cache of cash!

I don't think he wants to coach anymore, if he did, I think he would have returned a while ago. ESPN seems pretty comfy.
Fun fact

He recruited and signed Chris Bleich in the class of 2018 while at Florida.

Chris class also included Kyle Pitts, Dameon Pierce, and Evan McPherson.

You aren't serious with that list are you? We don't have the money to pay Dan Mullen. Steve Addazzio: The only people that I have seen go from being former head coaches back to position coaches, are coaches who are sitting on a pile of buy out cash from their previous head coaching positions or they are being overpaid for their position like what Nick can do at Alabama with his Cache of cash!
Of course we don't. But I refuse to believe we don't have the money that many other somewhat successful programs have. Take Wake for just one example. The last number of years they have been 8-5, 11-3, 4-5, 8-5, 7-6, 8-5 I would sign up for that. We can't compete at a high national level with the top schools. But we can compete with our peer schools and we haven't.

No.

I'd love Mullen but I know it is a non starter.

But if he were to come here, those are the types of coaches he would bring along with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom