Too bad we couldn't play them... | Syracusefan.com

Too bad we couldn't play them...

cto

Administrator
Today had the biggest turnout of former players I've ever seen at a non-tournament game. I'm sure I missed some, but those I saw included Raf Addison, Billy Owens, John Wallace, Pearl Washington, Howard Triche, Richie Cornwall and Sonny Spero. Throw in GMac, Autry and Hopkins... and we had enough there for two teams.

It was great to see Pearl there after his recent serious health issues. He was sitting right behind me so I got to chat with him a bit. He was upbeat and optimistic and glad to be there.

During the team handshake thing after the game, Adrian Autry told Chris Mullen that Pearl was there. Chris immediately bounded up into the stands to hug him and chat with him. The most shocked guy was Chris' security guy who tried to follow him, tripping over a bunch of Syracuse fans (including me and my broken ankle) en route.

My family and I were right behind you too.

Well, we were directly behind you and Barbara and maybe a few stories up from where you two were sitting. Bob Eucker was up there with us too. ;)

It sounds like we had a great turnout of former players but as you said, we could've used some of them out there today. It was a sub-par performance from everyone (outside of G and arguably Tyler Lydon) and the fans weren't very good either; no life in the Orange faithful today.

Last edited:
Reactions: cto
your seats were obviously better than the mid 100's I scored right before the game

the only people I met in my section were a few women who worked at Faegan's a few years after my stint ended

knew lots of people in common, non played for the team

Chris McCullough was there as well...wearing his Orange jersey from last year, which I thought was...weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom