Top 10 coaching jobs | Syracusefan.com

Top 10 coaching jobs

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Hmm
IMG_9540.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Inside the game, I'm pretty sure Ohio st is viewed as a top job. Why? I'm not sure.
Saw a rumor Cal was interesting / exploring OSU as an option in February?

I think that the editors at 247 got some incentives when making this list. Louisville can't find a coach. Arizona players are bailing can't be just the coach.

This list should really just come down to $$$.

That’s what it is. The schools that make sense have a combination of history and funds. The schools that don’t make sense have a boatload of NIL money available.

This list should really just come down to $$$.
Exactly. Just make a list of the schools with the top 10 in NIL money.

A B1G head coach recently said that sport facilities and the school don't matter anymore. It's all about NIL.

Inside the game, I'm pretty sure Ohio st is viewed as a top job. Why? I'm not sure.

I think its mostly because OSU has fully adopted the old Richard Petty quote "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying" as their motto-slash-mission statement. Just looking up Google articles on Ohio State cheating scandals, there's barely been any point in my lifetime where there wasn't some scandal going on - yet they seldom amount to any substantial penalties.

Who WOULDN'T want to work somewhere that your boss actively encourages you to cheat, helps you cover it up when you get caught, and defends you to the hilt to avoid any consequences?

If you flopped tier 3 and tier 4, I'm not sure it would make any difference. Which honestly shows how stupid most of these lists really are.

But considering Louisville or (even more so) Indiana desirable spots is absurd - whoever thinks that cannot possibly be under the age of 50.

I think its mostly because OSU has fully adopted the old Richard Petty quote "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't trying" as their motto-slash-mission statement. Just looking up Google articles on Ohio State cheating scandals, there's barely been any point in my lifetime where there wasn't some scandal going on - yet they seldom amount to any substantial penalties.

Who WOULDN'T want to work somewhere that your boss actively encourages you to cheat, helps you cover it up when you get caught, and defends you to the hilt to avoid any consequences?
I'm not convinced Ohio State's AD or fanbase cares that much about basketball. Chris Holtmann finished 2nd in the B1G with Matta's players in his first season and was allowed to stay around much longer than you'd think for the results he had for a program with the resources they have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom