Top 10 coaching jobs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Top 10 coaching jobs

Well for starters Syracuse hasn’t hired a head coach from outside of the program since 1962. Something tells me if the criteria listed above wasn’t that good at Syracuse to be above tier 4, although NIL is new. We would’ve had many more head coaches hired from outside of the program over the last 62 years. Is JBR Bracketology suggesting that we should worry about Red being poached by a tier 1-3 job if Red has great success here?

Last edited:
Is that Georgetown as a tier 3? LOL. Or am i getting that logo mixed with something else. Because I'm not even sure if they qualify for tier 5 at this point.

3,4 seems largely interchangeable to me otherwise. We are somewhere in that group. And then you have a few in tier 2 that can be considered for demotion / should be demoted (Indiana, Louisville for sure and possibly UCLA)

Is that Georgetown as a tier 3? LOL. Or am i getting that logo mixed with something else. Because I'm not even sure if they qualify for tier 5 at this point.

3,4 seems largely interchangeable to me otherwise. We are somewhere in that group. And then you have a few in tier 2 that can be considered for demotion / should be demoted (Indiana, Louisville for sure and possibly UCLA)
How are we not Tier 2? Texas? That’s a laugher. Same with Tennesse. Even Arizona hasn’t made a Final Four in over 20 years. We’ve made 3 alone in that time period and more Sweet 16s. Sure Arizona has won conference titles but in a weak conference. How are any of the schools in tier 3 ahead of us?!?! That legitimately makes zero sense.

How are we not Tier 2? Texas? That’s a laugher. Same with Tennesse. Even Arizona hasn’t made a Final Four in over 20 years. We’ve made 3 alone in that time period and more Sweet 16s. Sure Arizona has won conference titles but in a weak conference. How are any of the schools in tier 3 ahead of us?!?! That legitimately makes zero sense.
Because since 2014 we have been fair to bad as a program, and fans just brushed it off because of JB.
It's more the fans fault then JB for letting him stay that long, and drag the program down.

Because since 2014 we have been fair to bad as a program, and fans just brushed it off because of JB.
It's more the fans fault then JB for letting him stay that long, and drag the program down.
Might want to take a look and see what Texas has done since 2014.

Hint: It isn’t much. Arguably less than us.

Wait a minute... A controversial post with limited context posted to X doesn't make sense? Say it aint so!

Its almost like it was purposefully created to get people upset enough to click on the post and respond in the comments.

Might want to take a look and see what Texas has done since 2014.

Hint: It isn’t much. Arguably less than us.
It doesn't matter what others are we have become a fair to bad program.
Fans like you not accepting reality, and saying JB had the right to choose his own retirement, let it get this way.
No One ever should be bigger then the program, that's what causes great programs to fail.

It doesn't matter what others are we have become a fair to bad program.
Fans like you not accepting reality, and saying JB had the right to choose his own retirement, let it get this way.
No One ever should be bigger then the program, that's what causes great programs to fail.
I didn't say anything about JB. I am saying the list sucks. There's schools on there with less success than us the past 10 years.

I didn't say anything about JB. I am saying the list sucks. There's schools on there with less success than us the past 10 years.

I guess it really comes down to what you look at and how much you value that Final 4, and how you value regular seasons. T

For me tourney play is important but its not everything either in terms of defining where your brand is at - could be argued it might tell a bit less of where you at and where you are headed. Personally I think Texas has had a decent amount more success than us the last 10 years. Whether they are tier 2 or not, I think that can certainly be argued. Not sure though there is a great argument for us to be tiered above them the last 10 years either.

Texas vs Syracuse
7 Tourneys * vs 4 Tourney
6 Tourney Wins vs 8 Tourney Wins
(2,3,6,6,7,10. 11 seed) vs 8,10,11,11)

** Could have been 8 if tourney not cancelled. They were right on the line.

I guess it really comes down to what you look at and how much you value that Final 4, and how you value regular seasons. T

For me tourney play is important but its not everything either in terms of defining where your brand is at - could be argued it might tell a bit less of where you at and where you are headed. Personally I think Texas has had a decent amount more success than us the last 10 years. Whether they are tier 2 or not, I think that can certainly be argued. Not sure though there is a great argument for us to be tiered above them the last 10 years either.

Texas vs Syracuse
7 Tourneys * vs 4 Tourney
6 Tourney Wins vs 8 Tourney Wins
(2,3,6,6,7,10. 11 seed) vs 8,10,11,11)

** Could have been 8 if tourney not cancelled. They were right on the line.
They didn’t get out of the first weekend once. Hardly tier 2 for me. Whatever, it’s a subjective argument.

They didn’t get out of the first weekend once. Hardly tier 2 for me. Whatever, it’s a subjective argument.

They made the Elite 8 last year.
I'm not sure they are tier 2 either. But I don't think we are better than them the last 10 years.

It’s the fanbase’s fault for the downturn? That’s a ridiculous assertion.

I don't know about the fans brushing it off, but I do think local media's hands were tied by the singular nature of JB/SU hoops. It's tough to give a truly honest assessment of the program and maintain your access when the HC is so sensitive about everything that gets written or said about his program.

They made the Elite 8 last year.
I'm not sure they are tier 2 either. But I don't think we are better than them the last 10 years.
Once in 10 years and under .500 all time in the tournament. Not going to lose sweat off my back about this, but the tiers are garbage.

Inside the game, I'm pretty sure Ohio st is viewed as a top job. Why? I'm not sure.

Top tier facilities, one of the best athletic departments in the country, get paid well, B1G is a stable P2 conference, Columbus is a good city to raise a family, huge alumni and fan base for NIL/support.

All of the above and everyone cares about football more so there’s less pressure.

Not saying I agree or disagree just know what coaches have told me on why the OSU and some of these SEC/B1G jobs are so coveted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom