Top 20 Tournament upsets | Syracusefan.com

Top 20 Tournament upsets

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
This is three years old so it doesn't have Virginia vs UMBC which you would think has to be rated as the #1 overall upset but there are some classic games listed. I can't believe the George Mason vs Yukon is 15 years ago. Glad to see that many of our rivals are listed but not the Orange. I was thinking that maybe our Vermont game would be listed although arguably that might not have been our biggest upset loss.

This is three years old so it doesn't have Virginia vs UMBC which you would think has to be rated as the #1 overall upset but there are some classic games listed. I can't believe the George Mason vs Yukon is 15 years ago. Glad to see that many of our rivals are listed but not the Orange. I was thinking that maybe our Vermont game would be listed although arguably that might not have been our biggest upset loss.
Glad Richmond isn’t on there.

I think it’s absurd to suggest the Mizzou upset was #1 (or now #2). That Mizzou team played great D, but they were undersized (Kim English was the de facto PF). Everyone on Norfolk could shoot and they had a height advantage at every position.

Don’t get me wrong, Mizzou still should have won. Had you watched the two teams warming up without jerseys, though, you would have picked Norfolk.

(Duke losing to Lehigh the same day was a bigger upset IMO.)

Glad Richmond isn’t on there.

I think it’s absurd to suggest the Mizzou upset was #1 (or now #2). That Mizzou team played great D, but they were undersized (Kim English was the de facto PF). Everyone on Norfolk could shoot and they had a height advantage at every position.

Don’t get me wrong, Mizzou still should have won. Had you watched the two teams warming up without jerseys, though, you would have picked Norfolk.

(Duke losing to Lehigh the same day was a bigger upset IMO.)

richmond loss has gotta be on there.

Yeah -- like how is it not?
THE MEDIA HATES US!

Am I doing this right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online