Class of 2025 - Top Prospects NYS Class of 2025 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 Top Prospects NYS Class of 2025

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
You asked for you, you got it.

Here is my first draft of the top prospects in New York in the class of 2025.

A couple of moved but they are still New York kids in my book so I am continuing to list them, though I note they are now playing out of state.

I think this is something we will probably continue to see because there just isn’t much focus from college coaches on NYS.

As in recent years, most of the best players are located in the NYC/Westchester county area, though Syracuse CBA and Bennett in Buffalo are starting to produce multiple D1 players as well. I think with the new coaching staff, we are far better positioned to recruit NYC and the lower Hudson region than we were with the previous coaching staff.

Looks like a strong class. Already 20 kids with D1 offers and there will be more coming. I am sure I have missed some kids and have to review a few more areas and look at a bunch more film before I will be done here.

Let’s see what happens.

Note that I have also started a list of the top players in the class of 2026. Will try and add a page for 2027 later as well.

Note: when you click on the link, select the Preview Spreadsheet option to view it.

Last edited:
Spreadsheet Unavailable.

The owner said he does not like you enough to let you open it.
I mean...that's fair. I get it. I'll just mosey on to the next thread. Thanks for noticing me.:(

A couple of moved but they are still New York kids in my book so I am continuing to list them, though I note they are now playing out of state.

I think this is something we will probably continue to see because there just isn’t much focus from college coaches on NYS.

As in recent years, most of the best players are located in the NYC/Westchester county area, though Syracuse CBA and Bennett in Buffalo are starting to produce multiple D1 players as well. I think with the new coaching staff, we are far better positioned to recruit NYC and the lower Hudson region than we were with the previous coaching staff.

Looks like a strong class. Already 20 kids with D1 offers and there will be more coming. I am sure I have missed some kids and have to review a few more areas and look at a bunch more film before I will be done here.

Let’s see what happens.

Note that I have also started a list of the top players in the class of 2026. Will try and add a page for 2027 later as well.

Top Prospects in NYS in Class of 2025
Agree with Hershey, thanks for pulling this together. Will be fascinating to see how Fran operates the state and its going to be even MORE interesting to see if coaches help guide their best players to Syracuse or not. For years I read here that NYS coaches would not do that but would get upset if we didn’t accept their borderline players. Fran, ERob and Nick have flipped the script on NY coaches, now what are they going to do? I expect we will see some coaches “rationalizing “. I am also interested in how we pull out of Erasmus Hall. Good times ahead.

Last edited:
Sorry folks, this is something I do once a year. Please let me know of the new link works better.

Thanks!

Update: after repeated failed attempts, the link above might be working now. If someone could let me know, I would appreciate it. Sorry for the troubles.

Last edited:
It opened for me this time. Thanks

I think one thing that is sometimes missed, though appears to be captured more this year, is that Downstate NY athletes often end up featuring at the NE Prep schools and the North Jersey Catholics (e.g., St. Joseph's, Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic). For example, this kid is from Nyack.

I think one thing that is sometimes missed, though appears to be captured more this year, is that Downstate NY athletes often end up featuring at the NE Prep schools and the North Jersey Catholics (e.g., St. Joseph's, Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic). For example, this kid is from Nyack.

Yes. I will add him, thanks for pointing this out.

St Joseph's Regional HS is right about a mile from the NY/NJ state line.

My guess is that is not a coincidence.

I think Jayden Brown in this year's class is a NYer that plays at Bosco

Quante Gillians (Aquinas, Rochester) picked up a Pitt offer. Be projects to be a DE. He did retweet the Fran Brown announcement so he may have some Syracuse interest.
Good find. Listed at 6’5 245. Really good looking pass rusher and had a lot of catches and yac at TE too.

He will be in the top 10 the next time I update this list.

Last edited:
McAullife and Alozie are from Clifton Park not Clifton Springs. Go Shen!
Corrected. Thank you. Someday I will visit these places and get it all straight. I know there is a rest stop on the Thruway near one of them. That isn't enough.

Will continue to populate this the rest of the winter and into the spring as time allows. I should get at least 100 players in by then.

Link worked fine. Good to see SU already offering 12 of the 15 top guys. This staff doesn't miss much. Have to think we'll have better leverage than in prior years, especially with NJ and LI recruits.

Corrected. Thank you. Someday I will visit these places and get it all straight. I know there is a rest stop on the Thruway near one of them. That isn't enough.

Will continue to populate this the rest of the winter and into the spring as time allows. I should get at least 100 players in by then.
Up to 122 players in the class of 2025.

Believe there are at least 36 with offers already.

Great to see 5 players already committed to Syracuse, with more likely.

The best QB in the state is probably Joe Filardi. Joe is a dual threat guy who has put up monster numbers down on Long Island for Half Hollow Hills West. He is also a HS AA lacrosse player who has already verballed to Syracuse. If he continues to blow up as a football player, he might have the opportunity to play two sports in college.

Exciting times.

This is another freshman from Liverpool who played varsity and has a great frame. Going to end up probably 6’5 215-225 by end of high school.

This is another freshman from Liverpool who played varsity and has a great frame. Going to end up probably 6’5 215-225 by end of high school.
I heard there were a few high end frosh prospects on Liverpool last season. Liked the little film I saw on him.

Added him to the tab for 2027. Thanks for the tip.

McAllister:
IMG_0308.jpeg

Let’s see what happens.

Note: when you click on the link, select the Preview Spreadsheet option to view it.

Jhelani Anderson ... might be a name to add to the '26 list - Fran just offered him and I believe he visited SU today. Looks like he's from DeWitt HS in the Bronx. Hudl link: Jhelani Anderson on Hudl

A couple updates for the '25 list: Darien Williams ('25) just ran a 10.6 (wowser). And Kardiear Shepherd ('25) committed to SU on the 15th.

Last edited:
Jhelani Anderson ... might be a name to add to the '26 list - Fran just offered him and I believe he visited SU today. Looks like he's from DeWitt HS in the Bronx. Hudl link: Jhelani Anderson on Hudl

A couple updates for the '25 list: Darien Williams ('25) just ran a 10.6 (wowser). And Kardiear Shepherd ('25) committed to SU on the 15th.
Made updates.

There is some controversy regarding Anderson. Most of the info on him has him as class of 2025. But the HUDL description tends to be the first to get updated, and it is rare for a skinny football player to move up a year. So my money is on him having just reclassified to 2026, and I have listed him accordingly (like you).

Will change it if this turns out to be a bad call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom