Class of 2017 - Top recruits still available... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Top recruits still available...

Outside of our awesome run last year, the past two years were miserable all season long. Unless we win it it all I personally enjoy a great regular season more than a few in march.

Final Four run over any regular season, ever. All time.

I enjoyed those victories as much as the next guy. Losing to garbage negated a lot of the good feelings from last year.

You guys don't follow football right?

How many top 100 do we have left on the board?
Most recruits are committed ... only a few good ones left in that category. But the same thing happened when we lost Hodge and that worked out ('03 NC). Even last year, many had the D/G attitude when Malachai announced. Yet somehow, we got through it (and we're loaded and maybe headed for the top 10). I'm not going to berate the staff (not that everyone's doing this) for being loyal to a recruit with whom we established a long and positive relationship. We have integrity and that's how we roll, win 'em or lose 'em. Last minute UK-types are going to swoop in and steal kids sometimes. That's D-League recruiting in the 21st century (with a wink from the NCAA). But we'll survive.

Most recruits are committed ... only a few good ones left in that category. But the same thing happened when we lost Hodge and that worked out ('03 NC). Even last year, many had the D/G attitude when Malachai announced. Yet somehow, we got through it (and we're loaded and maybe headed for the top 10). I'm not going to berate the staff (not that everyone's doing this) for being loyal to a recruit with whom we established a long and positive relationship. We have integrity and that's how we roll, win 'em or lose 'em. Last minute UK-types are going to swoop in and steal kids sometimes. That's D-League recruiting in the 21st century (with a wink from the NCAA). But we'll survive.

Hameir Wright is a top 20 player on ESPN for 2018. He was originally 2017. May as well get him to reclass back. He's going to be great, just needs to put on weight. Tucker is top 50 this year. A similar player to Mal. Get those guys and we will be in good shape. Problem is we can't miss on them.

I was responding to someone who more or less said that it would be impossible for next years team to be NIT bound when for the last 2 seasons we've been a team firmly on the bubble. We're essentially a .500 team over the past 60 games without the cupcakes thrown in there but its apparently blasphemy to acknowledge that. Sure it was glorious to beat Duke at Cameron and I also wanted to smash everything within arms reach against garbage Georgetown & St. Johns.

Your Experiential Feelings Levels are out of spec. Please have them adjusted by a Certified Orange Technician™.

Hameir Wright is a top 20 player on ESPN for 2018. He was originally 2017. May as well get him to reclass back. He's going to be great, just needs to put on weight. Tucker is top 50 this year. A similar player to Mal. Get those guys and we will be in good shape. Problem is we can't miss on them.
And Yukon has Langford (in the top 40 or so) and that's it. Their 2 other recruits are outside the top 100. It's late in the process, but plenty of time for things to change.

Man, really wish we'd throw our hat back into the ring for Duval. Couldn't hurt, and the kid is a stud. Basically tell him, you're the guy who has to score our pts next year.

It doesn't sound like he would be against options outside those final 5. Still seems pretty wide open to me based on that article.

Man, really wish we'd throw our hat back into the ring for Duval. Couldn't hurt, and the kid is a stud. Basically tell him, you're the guy who has to score our pts next year.
I really wanted Quade, but I really think we have our starting point guard for next year in Frank Howard. We do need depth. Trevon Duval is an amazing player, but he is a one year player, and one year players are for positions that you have an absolute need for. If we could get a Kevin Knox at the small forward position that would be great. But, starting point guard is a solid position for us for hopefully another couple of years. Guard depth and additional shooters is where it's at right now, and those seem to be the positions most easily obtainable in the 5th year market, if we can't find someone suitable in the class of 2017.

I really wanted Quade, but I really think we have our starting point guard for next year in Frank Howard. We do need depth. Trevon Duval is an amazing player, but he is a one year player, and one year players are for positions that you have an absolute need for. If we could get a Kevin Knox at the small forward position that would be great. But, starting point guard is a solid position for us for hopefully another couple of years. Guard depth and additional shooters is where it's at right now, and those seem to be the positions most easily obtainable in the 5th year market, if we can't find someone suitable in the class of 2017.
I hear you, and Frank is playing very well. I think he will be very solid next year, and perhaps our best player. I just think in this day and age you need great talent, especially in the ACC. Duke got Wendell Carter yesterday to go alongside, Gary Trent Jr, and probably Kevin Knox, Mo Bamba, etc. While solid players who know a system can certainly win games in college, five start talent is certainly something that helps. I think Duval and Frank could play together for sure. Realize he isn't a SF or pure shooter, which is what we will need, and if TB comes back, I'm totally with you, but I think if there is even the chance, they should try and go after him. We have the scholarships. They tried with Billy Preston, and I applaud that tactic. Bring in the best talent, and as much of it, as you can.

I hear you, and Frank is playing very well. I think he will be very solid next year, and perhaps our best player. I just think in this day and age you need great talent, especially in the ACC. Duke got Wendell Carter yesterday to go alongside, Gary Trent Jr, and probably Kevin Knox, Mo Bamba, etc. While solid players who know a system can certainly win games in college, five start talent is certainly something that helps. I think Duval and Frank could play together for sure. Realize he isn't a SF or pure shooter, which is what we will need, and if TB comes back, I'm totally with you, but I think if there is even the chance, they should try and go after him. We have the scholarships. They tried with Billy Preston, and I applaud that tactic. Bring in the best talent, and as much of it, as you can.
I think they should try as well, I just hope, in the off chance we land him, he wouldn't disrupt chemistry. And, it is doubtful that he qualifies. So, it would look good, but the end result may not be a net gain. There is no way we keep up with the arms race with Duke right now. They are getting everybody. Our hope is to get really good talent, no matter how many stars they have next to their name, and teach them how to be great basketball players. We still want to go after some big time players, but our base is what will keep us competitive. And, as we all know, it's all about that base.

Syracuse.. and mentions of both guys Francis shared today (Okauru & Haywood)...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom