Tortora: Wildhack headed to Chicago to discuss candidate options | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tortora: Wildhack headed to Chicago to discuss candidate options

Dan Tortoise love the new characters in this season of coach search: the musical

Sunday,
in the airport
I think it was the 26th of November…

… just doesn't have the same ring to it.

They haven’t heard of Zoom?
If I was Wildhack, I’d want to be able to “read the room” as I’m talking through the possible options and tentative path forward. For all the benefits of remote meetings. that is a huge gap. From his perspective as he goes through this with big donors, BOT, etc - he’s gotta be able to tell if they are on board. So this likely has to be face-to-face discussion.

This is standard business for small city universities. Any meetings in Syracuse would be known. Chicago is easy to get to, centrally located and it will be easy for JW to keep everything under wraps.
Hrs a pro.
Then go to NYC. This doesn’t pass the sniff test at all.

Alright, stay with me here. My cousin's ex is an international bourbon importer/exporter, and he has a guy in baggage claim at O'Hare who says he just saw Vince Lombardi's ghost on his way into a room with some kid in a Syracuse 44 jersey and John Wildhack.

Reading the tea leaves and 160+ page threads on SyracuseFans, this can only mean Lombardi's ghost for HC and Chesney for DC.

OIP.3G-u8deqJsgHOz-HGTDynwHaFf.jpeg

I'm goin' to Chicago
it's Goin' down, goin' down now
it's Goin' down, goin' down-down-down-down-down

Alright, stay with me here. My cousin's ex is an international bourbon importer/exporter, and he has a guy in baggage claim at O'Hare who says he just saw Vince Lombardi's ghost on his way into a room with some kid in a Syracuse 44 jersey and John Wildhack.

Reading the tea leaves and 160+ page threads on SyracuseFans, this can only mean Lombardi's ghost for HC and Chesney for DC.
Is your cousin hot?

I have no clue who this Dan guy is or if he’s real, but let’s play this out to be true.

Wildhack, to get sign off from the BOT, promises a thorough process and at least five in-person interviews. Let’s pretend rumors are always true and Coach Bob and ESPN Dan came to Syracuse.

To get three more in accelerated fashion, Chicago is easy if you are:
  • A DC who lives in Nebraska
  • A HC In Toledo
  • A ????
Also, Chicago is convenient if participation is needed from the BOT, notably Mike Tirico (Ann Arbor) and Andrew Berlin (Chicago), two of the prominent members of the SU BOT Athletics Committee.

The last time I went to Chicago I went to Giordanos for deep dish and I thought it was pretty good. Later I realized this was the equivalent of Michael Scott getting a “New York slice.”
20 years ago my wife had to fly to Seattle. She knew that I loved microbrews from different places. So she flew a bottle all the way back to me. It was Colt 45. She thought it was a west coast craft beer. I tried to contain the laughter as long as I could. She was like “what? It’s a Seattle microbrew”

Last edited: