Tortora: Wildhack headed to Chicago to discuss candidate options | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Tortora: Wildhack headed to Chicago to discuss candidate options

20 years ago my wife had to fly to Seattle. She knew that I loved microbrews from different places. So she flew a bottle all the way back to me. It was Colt 45. I tried to contain the laughter as long as I could. She was like “what? It’s a Seattle microbrew”

Your wife is a classy lady with exquisite taste!

Your wife is a classy lady with exquisite taste!
I told her Billy Dee would approve.

1701024242836.jpeg

I told her Billy Dee would approve.

View attachment 233828
It’s so on brand for a search firm to run the meter with drills like this. My firm hired one when I retired as CEO and they milked it for all its worth. Ultimately hired person in the office next to me, who I recommended. We wasted $300k as a 501c3.
We will hire Ches cuz he’s the cheapest. All our main coaches are alums who give home discounts. Red, FLJ, gait though he’s overpaid IMO,!Kayla, even the women’s hockey coach is an alum. My son played with him at Cuse.

Alright, stay with me here. My cousin's ex is an international bourbon importer/exporter, and he has a guy in baggage claim at O'Hare who says he just saw Vince Lombardi's ghost on his way into a room with some kid in a Syracuse 44 jersey and John Wildhack.

Reading the tea leaves and 160+ page threads on SyracuseFans, this can only mean Lombardi's ghost for HC and Chesney for DC.
Sorry but this doesn't check out

Chesney coaches Offense and Special Teams... Everyone knows he outsources Defense...

Not saying I believe any of this however, if true, they could interview Candle, Golden and Knowles efficiently in one trip. Good way to move things along - even while negotiating with their first choice.

Not saying I believe any of this however, if true, they could interview Candle, Golden and Knowles efficiently in one trip. Good way to move things along - even while negotiating with their first choice.
Golden is on the west coast and has said he isn’t interested last I saw. ND was upping his salary.

Well, that's another one down.
In theory we are competing with A&M, Indiana and who else? Both MSUs have identified their targets. Mullen would be crazy to take an A&M gig.

The last time I went to Chicago I went to Giordanos for deep dish and I thought it was pretty good. Later I realized this was the equivalent of Michael Scott getting a “New York slice.”

Point of parliamentary procedure…

Can we derail Tort’s thread to advise where to go in Chicago for authentic deep dish?

This is incorrect.

SU brass are *listening* to Chicago.

Pretty sure it’s a Spotify playlist. 25 or 6 to 4, followed by Hard for Me to Say I’m Sorry.
Mix in some Peter cetera

Ha. All kidding aside, that tour is very cool and interesting. Did this most recently this past summer with family as my oldest sister has lived here and has owned retail store(s) down on Navy Pier for years.
It was surprisingly good.

I was going to nominate Kaiser.

If Kaiser and CousCuse both boarded in Teterboro, I’m not sure the plane would even make it to the end of the runway before CousCuse would be deplaned.
"deplaned" ;)