Toxic Amazon ad | Syracusefan.com

Toxic Amazon ad

skurey

Living Legend
A few times I've gotten one of those ads that redirect you to another site saying you won a free Amazon gift card. Unable to go back to the forum unless you type in the url. This has happened only on the football board so far when I click on a thread.

A few times I've gotten one of those ads that redirect you to another site saying you won a free Amazon gift card. Unable to go back to the forum unless you type in the url. This has happened only on the football board so far when I click on a thread.
Been hitting me all day as well.

I cleared my cache and erased the last 30 days of history. It's bad today.

ALL THE TIME on my cell phone. Can't use the site from my phone for several days now.

I deleted the cache and history for the last 30 days and that fixed it. I'm on Android, Droid turbo 2

iPhone 8+
Happening quite often. Took a screen shot earlier today.
98E2CB5E-55CD-49C6-B161-5F39490CDC88.png

Yeah it suddenly started a couple days ago. Ironically it happened a minute ago when I went to click on this thread

I'm glad it's not just me. Every time I try to come here on my cell, it hits. Doesn't matter which forum either.

Yep this thing whatever it is is a PIA can not use this forum on my phone pretty much.

First five times I tried logging in this morning, and again just a moment ago, I encountered this:
885D9DAB-309A-4089-B71C-F3B66F738DC0.png

I've been getting these spam/malware ads on my mobile device lately as well. This is happening across multiple forums I'm on that use this platform.

Getting that same spam/malware ad via iPhone/Chrome. All day today.

For everyone affected - the next time it happens, please post:

1) Did it happen when you first arrived from another site? If so, what site were you coming from?
2) What OS, device, and browser are you using?

Anyone having the redirects ... If you have a VPN, connect then change your location to California, Canada, Boston, or anywhere else far away from where you actually are.

Try Syracusefan again, and with a couple locations. Let me know if this works.

I believe it was spreeddiscount.com

Android

Anyone want my $1000 gift card? (Send personal info to the bank of Nigeria). ;-)

It's a common malicious ad...

Last edited:
Happens randomly on this site coming from no particular website it seems at least for me using Android phone with chrome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180906-130410.png
    Screenshot_20180906-130410.png
    102 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online