Tracking the Bracket Matrix throughout the Regular Season | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Tracking the Bracket Matrix throughout the Regular Season

Only game of significance on Monday.

It would be better if Miami wins... but at the same time Notre Dame has the inside track at 9-9 if they win this one.

upload_2018-2-19_0-39-22.png

Sorry Penn St, there are no bonus points for close losses. I guess it will help your KP & BPI ratings but not much else.

They haven't done enough to get in, but Chambers was on the hot seat coming into the season. Even if they don't make the tourney, I have to think he has them playing well enough to keep his job. Second time I have seen them this year and I've been impressed both times.

Miami has a more secure spot than ND does. ND has to lose as often as possible because if they play well once Colson comes back, they'll get the benefit of the doubt if they're on the cut line.
Okay thanks. Looking at the recent comments in this thread on Miami, I wasn't thinking their spot was particularly secure.

Okay thanks. Looking at the recent comments in this thread on Miami, I wasn't thinking their spot was particularly secure.
It's a weird spot where Miami is very similar to us as far as the bubble goes - usually we want those teams to lose. But ND has treaded water without Farrell (who's back now and scored 37 on Saturday) and Colson. If ND ends the regular season with a decent resume and Colson comes back for the ACCT and they win 2-3 games, I think the committee will weigh the Colson absence heavily. At this point, we'd rather just knock ND out of it since they have this unknown variable. Additioanlly, we won @Miami - so if they win, it makes our profile better. And if all things are equal between us and them on Selection Sunday, I would think the fact that we won @Miami would give us an edge.

Only game of significance on Monday.

It would be better if Miami wins... but at the same time Notre Dame has the inside track at 9-9 if they win this one.

View attachment 122943
Miami is ahead of us in many brackets we want Miami to lose. Are we saying Notre Dame if they win this they could pass us (if they get to 9-9)
I’m not so sure of that

Miami is ahead of us in many brackets we want Miami to lose. Are we saying Notre Dame if they win this they could pass us (if they get to 9-9)
I’m not so sure of that
that was my thought.

It's a weird spot where Miami is very similar to us as far as the bubble goes - usually we want those teams to lose. But ND has treaded water without Farrell (who's back now and scored 37 on Saturday) and Colson. If ND ends the regular season with a decent resume and Colson comes back for the ACCT and they win 2-3 games, I think the committee will weigh the Colson absence heavily. At this point, we'd rather just knock ND out of it since they have this unknown variable. Additioanlly, we won @Miami - so if they win, it makes our profile better. And if all things are equal between us and them on Selection Sunday, I would think the fact that we won @Miami would give us an edge.
Agree w this. For tonight, I believe it would be best if Miami wins.

I’m not so sure of that
Currently, here is how we stand with Quadrant wins:

Syracuse
Q1 wins = 3
Q2 wins = 4
Q3 wins = 7
Q4 wins = 4

Notre Dame
Q1 wins = 2
Q2 wins = 4
Q3 wins = 3
Q4 wins = 6

Currently, here is how we stand with Quadrant wins:

Syracuse
Q1 wins = 3
Q2 wins = 4
Q3 wins = 7
Q4 wins = 4

Notre Dame
Q1 wins = 2
Q2 wins = 4
Q3 wins = 3
Q4 wins = 6
Thanks for the updated stats. I hope that Notre Dame game does not come back to bite us. I can’t get over that one. As I’ve stated many times already! :)

Agree w this. For tonight, I believe it would be best if Miami wins.
Another reason not to want Miami is a road win for them you always root for the home team When it’s close on who to side with

Don't you mean it's better if Miami loses?

Yes,

There are some positives if Notre Dame loses, but overall it's better for Miami., IMO.

Yes,

There are some positives if Notre Dame loses, but overall it's better for Miami., IMO.
Better if the home team wins when it’s close per your own discussion

Yes,

I keep going back and forth on this, seeing plusses/minuses either way.
I feel like we're just trading one (Miami going down) for another (ND moving up, w decent chance of Bonzi back soon)...

ultimately feel like this is a coin-flip call

I keep going back and forth on this, seeing plusses/minuses either way.
I feel like we're just trading one (Miami going down) for another (ND moving up, w decent chance of Bonzi back soon)...

ultimately feel like this is a coin-flip call
In a coin-flip situation, go with the team we beat on the road; as opposed to the team we lost to at home.

Ok, Headmaster9 & I are still on the Miami campus (currently @ Titanic). We are heading home on Wednesday in time to attend the the UNC game. Who am I routing for. I thought Miami because we just beat them and they seem to be in on most brackets. But I just read the posts above and people are saying it might be better for ND. I’m confused & sitting amongst Miami students!!!!

I guess I’m rooting for Miami. Notre Dame has an easier schedule and will most likely finish at 9-9 if they win this.

Miami wins.

Maryland won @NW.

2 of our better wins will look better come tomorrow morning.

Maryland is now 8-9 and 19-11 overall and finish the year with #17 Michigan coming into Maryland. The Terps are interesting - if they beat Michigan will finish 9-9 in conference and 20 wins overall. But the metrics don't love them. 67 RPI, 48 SOS, 185 OOC SOS. 1 top 75 win. Their only win away from home is #180 Illinois. But they have 10 losses against the top 75, their only loss outside of that is @Indiana (#101). 9 losses by 8pts or less; 4 of those were by 3 or less.

They won't get an at-large unless they make a run in the B10 Tournament - but they have 1 good win and 0 bad losses. Unique for a P5 school

Miami wins.

Maryland won @NW.

2 of our better wins will look better come tomorrow morning.

Maryland is now 8-9 and 19-11 overall and finish the year with #17 Michigan coming into Maryland. The Terps are interesting - if they beat Michigan will finish 9-9 in conference and 20 wins overall. But the metrics don't love them. 67 RPI, 48 SOS, 185 OOC SOS. 1 top 75 win. Their only win away from home is #180 Illinois. But they have 10 losses against the top 75, their only loss outside of that is @Indiana (#101). 9 losses by 8pts or less; 4 of those were by 3 or less.

They won't get an at-large unless they make a run in the B10 Tournament - but they have 1 good win and 0 bad losses. Unique for a P5 school

That Miami win was big for them and keeping the win for us credible. Miami was really sliding. They absolutely needed this one since Pflueger, Colson, and Harvey were out.

Easy there.. not waiving any blue and white Pom poms. If you watched their last 6 games and saw how well they played and then watched us struggle through a number of games offensively it would be easy to make a case based on the eye test. As I noted above already, lucky for us there is a lot more to it.
Does the eye test apply only on offense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom