Trevor and T-Rob | Syracusefan.com

Trevor and T-Rob

iommi

Living Legend
Great game from Cooney tonight obviously. IMO this was his best game in Orange. Well, either this game or the one he dropped about 27 or 29 (or thereabouts) on ND. Was that his redshirt Sophomore year? To that end, I thought a huge sequence was Trevor drained a three to put us up 6. Then there was a weak reach-in foul by Roberson on a Carolina dunk, leading to and and one. Then Roberson committed a weak turnover, leading to another basket. Poof. Our lead was down to one point in maybe a minute. Then we just ran out of gas like we have too many times this year.

That leads me to my next point. My biggest disappointment for a player in Orange is Roberson. He is weak with the ball, weak on defense, has no handle and just has far too many mental lapses. His T-Rob nickname is perfect because his game is starting to be eerily similar to Terrance Roberts, our former T-Rob. Roberts was also a big disappointment out of NJ. Considering how fragile and soft Roberson plays, has there ever been a less apropo nickname than "Beast," the name some people on here gave Roberson? Roberson seems like a very nice kid but he plays far too nicely. I wish he'd play a little meaner, which is another reason I hope Moyer gets a good chunk of his minutes. I don't think Roberson will ever be what we hoped he'd be. I saw Roberson in high school and thought he'd be much better.

Hats off to Cooney for a tremendous performance tonite. Is it just me or does he seem to play very well when Bilas does our games?

Off the subject,LGO and all that but I think I might sign up for a winning record this year. Hopefully we will make the NIT and give Howard some time to play point guard in those games. We need him to get some floor time, since we will be lacking a lead guard next year. Unfortunately I think JB will run our two vets out there, instead of preparing Howard for next year.

Last edited:
Great game from Cooney tonight obviously. IMO this was his best game in Orange. Well, either this game or the one he dropped about 27 or 29 (or thereabouts) on ND. Was that his redshirt Sophomore year? To that end, I thought a huge sequence was Trevor drained a three to put us up 6. Then there was a weak reach-in foul by Roberson on a Carolina dunk, leading to and and one. Then Roberson committed a weak turnover, leading to another basket. Poof. Our lead was down to one point in maybe a minute. Then we just ran out of gas like we have.

That leads me to my next point. My biggest disappointment for a player in Orange is Roberson. He is weak with the ball, weak on defense, has no handle and just has far too many mental lapses. His T-Rob nickname is perfect because his game is starting to be eerily similar to Terrance Roberts, our former T-Rob. Roberts was also a big disappointment out of NJ. Considering how fragile and soft Roberson plays, has there ever been a less apropo nickname than "Beast," the name some people on here gave Roberson? Roberson seems like a very nice kid but he plays far too nicely. I wish he'd play a little meaner, which is another reason I hope Moyer gets a good chunk of his minutes. I don't think Roberson will ever be what we hoped he'd be. I saw Roberson in high school and thought he'd be much better.

Hats off the Cooney for a tremendous performance tonite. Is it just me or does he seem to play very well when Bilas does our games?

Off the subject,LGO and all that but I think I might sign up for a winning record this year. Hopefully we will make the NIT and give Howard some time to play point guard in those games. We need him to get some floor time, since we will be lacking a lead guard next year. Unfortunately I think JB will run our two vets out there, instead of preparing Howard for next year.

I thought Roberson played well tonight in the grand scheme of things. He'll always be intriguing because you see these flashes from him that make you think he's got so much more to give if he could stop being so robotic. He seems to overthink things still. That spin move was fantastic, but then he'll follow it up with some nonsense - like that travel that makes you want to pull your hair out.

Overall, tonight I was okay with his performance, but he is frustrating so I can't take exception to much of what you posted.

I thought Roberson played well tonight in the grand scheme of things. He'll always be intriguing because you see these flashes from him that make you think he's got so much more to give if he could stop being so robotic. He seems to overthink things still. That spin move was fantastic, but then he'll follow it up with some nonsense - like that travel that makes you want to pull your hair out.

Overall, tonight I was okay with his performance, but he is frustrating so I can't take exception to much of what you posted.

I don't know what the stats are, but first half Roberson was solid, I don't even remember seeing him on the court the second half.

I don't know what the stats are, but first half Roberson was solid, I don't even remember seeing him on the court the second half.

I remember him hitting a jumper early in the second half - the one that Lydon appeared to goaltend on. After that, not so much.

Yes, Roberson played well in spurts and his numbers looked good in the box score, until you look under the hood (and the lapses on both ends, the sloppy turnovers, etc). JB lit into him several times. I have a feeling Roberson was the player JB was talking about while watching the Clemson game on tv (when he said he wished he could be coaching right then just to take a certain player out for a bad play). Roberson is sooooo frustrating to watch.

Great game from Cooney tonight obviously. IMO this was his best game in Orange. Well, either this game or the one he dropped about 27 or 29 (or thereabouts) on ND. Was that his redshirt Sophomore year? To that end, I thought a huge sequence was Trevor drained a three to put us up 6. Then there was a weak reach-in foul by Roberson on a Carolina dunk, leading to and and one. Then Roberson committed a weak turnover, leading to another basket. Poof. Our lead was down to one point in maybe a minute. Then we just ran out of gas like we have.

Hats off the Cooney for a tremendous performance tonite. Is it just me or does he seem to play very well when Bilas does our games?

Without Roberson tonight we lose by 20 easily. He played so much better than you or JB for that matter give him credit for. Scored our first basket if I recall. He works so hard on the offensive boards - keeping way more balls alive than he's ever given credit for. Yeah, I wish he would complete more of his fouls to make 10000% sure it's not an and 1, but he played pretty well tonight.

I never really bought into the hype, I thought he was undersized and didn't have a position coming in. He's had some amazing rebounding games in his career here but outside of them he has done nothing. I feel for him and want him to succeed but at this point T Roberts > T Roberson.

Without Roberson tonight we lose by 20 easily. He played so much better than you or JB for that matter give him credit for. Scored our first basket if I recall. He works so hard on the offensive boards - keeping way more balls alive than he's ever given credit for. Yeah, I wish he would complete more of his fouls to make 10000% sure it's not an and 1, but he played pretty well tonight.

He went for 13 and 7, I'm guessing he was at 9 and 6 in the first half. He didn't show up the second half at all.

Tonight is an odd game to be critical of him after. I thought he had a really fantastic first half. He was aggressive looking for his shot, even had a nice drive to the basket. Kind of disappeared in the second half, but Carolina's bigs did a better job of asserting themselves in the second half as well.

He's had a lot of games this season where I think you could be critical of him because he was tentative and really passive, tonight was not one of those games.

I also really liked Coleman's contribution tonight.

We lost, but I was more encouraged after watching this game then I have been in a number of games. Now if we could get G back in engaged and get just a little something out of Lydon.

He did play well tonight, IN SPURTS. Then he's MIA for long stretches. It's tough to watch, especially when it's been three years of the same movie. Sequels suck, other than a few exceptions like The Godfather: Part 2.

Last edited:
He went for 13 and 7, I'm guessing he was at 9 and 6 in the first half. He didn't show up the second half at all.

I don't recall him being given the ball very much either in the second half. Or maybe the other coach adjusted a bit.

Remember, he isn't given credit for all the balls he tips to other players on the o boards. But he does it constantly.

I don't recall him being given the ball very much either in the second half. Or maybe the other coach adjusted a bit.

Remember, he isn't given credit for all the balls he tips to other players on the o boards. But he does it constantly.

You're right, he isn't, but again that is something I saw all first half and not at all in the second. I didn't see him do anything he did the second half that he did in the first.

He did play well tonight, IN SPURTS. Then, he's MIA for long stretches. It's tough to watch, especially when it's been three years of the same movie. Sequels suck, other than a few exceptions like The Godfather: Part 2,

Our offense does absolutely NOTHING to look for him, and you are critical of him. Then again, you are critical of everything. G missed him about 10 times tonight on the pick and roll because the bigs from UNC hedged everytime.

Tonight is an odd game to be critical of him after. I thought he had a really fantastic first half. He was aggressive looking for his shot, even had a nice drive to the basket. Kind of disappeared in the second half, but Carolina's bigs did a better job of asserting themselves in the second half as well.

He's had a lot of games this season where I think you could be critical of him because he was tentative and really passive, tonight was not one of those games.

I also really liked Coleman's contribution tonight.

We lost, but I was more encouraged after watching this game then I have been in a number of games. Now if we could get G back in engaged and get just a little something out of Lydon.

Yeah, the first half was very impressive. The second half, not much of an impact.

I was really encouraged by DC as well. JB showed a lot more faith in him than normal - and he delivered more than I would have expected against UNC's bigs.

Yeah, the first half was very impressive. The second half, not much of an impact.

I was really encouraged by DC as well. JB showed a lot more faith in him than normal - and he delivered more than I would have expected against UNC's bigs.

He was forced to, but DC was up to it. When Lydon was in it seemed like there was a dunk, layup, or allyoop every time down the floor.

DC did only have one defensive rebound though.

Our offense does absolutely NOTHING to look for him, and you are critical of him. Then again, you are critical of everything. G missed him about 10 times tonight on the pick and roll because the bigs from UNC hedged everytime.

Yeah, keep pounding your tired drumbeat of me being negative. It isn't accurate. Do you think maybe Roberson's teammates are sceptical that he will finish their passes?
UNC left Roberson open because they see game film. It's called scouting and strategy. Roberson had a nice first half but then really hurt us in the second half with untimely turnovers and missed defensive assignments. He was a sieve on his side of the baseline. JB was visibly lighting into him and then yanked him in crunch time. I wonder why.

Best game for Coleman in ACC play, I agree. He gave very good effort. He tends to play well against big, burly guys like Meeks.

Yeah, keep pounding your tired drumbeat of me being negative. It isn't accurate. Do you think maybe Roberson's teammates are sceptical that he will finish their passes?
UNC left Roberson open because they see game film. It's called scouting and strategy. Roberson had a nice first half but then really hurt us in the second half with untimely turnovers and missed defensive assignments. He was a sieve on his side of the baseline. JB was visibly lighting into him and then yanked him in crunch time. I wonder why.

5-5 shooting tonight. Scouting sucked for them.

You really are a piece of work. The zone was cut up tonight because JB expected the wings to guard baseline to foul line extended and Roy-boy knew that and exploited it expertly in the second half. No one performed well back there especially Lydon. Roberson had 2 TOs. Really? Your points are just complete garbage.

JB was lighting him up, true. And then we lost.

Roberson was a top 40 recruit. He should at worst be our third best player. He does not give this team nearly enough as our number one front court option.

Roberson was a top 40 recruit. He should at worst be our third best player. He does not give this team nearly enough as our number one front court option.

I'm not sure what this means. Does anyone really believe the SU offense is designed for any of our bigs? We don't run that kind of offense, especially when our guards can't (or won't) make the pass to the rolling big man. Roberson was 5-5 shooting tonight.

Ignore button has been activated. No cure for clueless.

And I'll do the same for you. Good riddance. You've wasted enough of my time already.

Sad we can't take advantage of that. Their and any other teams' hedging F's up our offense. We don't have the guard speed, vision, or ballhandling to overcome that, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom