Trevor Cooney appreciation thread. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Trevor Cooney appreciation thread.

It's hard to address the "streaky" criticism. It is kind of a vague concept referring to variance.

I find it a little ironic that orangecuse finds JB snide and condescending to the local fans criticizing Cooney. And then orangecuse goes and illustrates what JB is talking about. The "We all know Cooney is streaky" comment. This is a local unsupported criticism based on nothing more than the myopic view of Cooney have a variance in shooting percentage.

For what it's worth, I love TC, and have never made any derogatory remarks about him throughout his years here. Saying he's a streaky shooter is simply a conclusion I've drawn from watching him the past 3 seasons...I didn't realize that would be deemed such a negative stigma. Jeepers!

Also, for what it's worth, I love JB and I've steadfastly supported him and the program for 4 decades. I didn't say that I find JB snide and condescending in totality, just that I thought his comment in yesterday's presser about the "people in Syracuse" was snide and condescending. Moreover, I felt it was really uncalled for, especially with such a terrific effort and road conference win.

Interesting that you would single out that small snippet when the premise of the argument wasn't the impetus of the post. I guess, kudos to you for singling that out, I doubt I'll be able to find (in the literal sense) statistics that "clearly" support he's a streaky shooter as stats of that nature probably don't exist. I should've just wrote that TC is a streaky shooter, period. Maybe, I could've possibly added something along the lines that we have lived through that experience for the past three seasons. Really, the point I was attempting to make there was that he's a streaky shooter, at least in my opinion...with no other implications drawn.

I'll inform you that what you think I was implying is clearly your thinking, which, you've acknowledged yourself. ;)
Why do you say "I should've just wrote that TC is a streaky shooter, period"? If every shooter is streaky, why bother saying it?

So, yes, I believe you are representative of the people JB was alluding to. An SU fan who looks only at the variance of TC's shooting and calls him "streaky", whereas other fans call him a good shooter. Wake fans were probably screaming at their TV's saying "You can't let that guy shoot the ball"

I certainly appreciate his all out effort during games and his dedication to improve his game. It's also a lot of fun to watch when he gets hot from 3.

Oh please the lot of u wanted to run him out of town a week plus ago.

The same lot of u r singing his praises now.

This is a Trevor Cooney appreciation thread, for once can you not act like an attention seeking malcontent?

Why do you say "I should've just wrote that TC is a streaky shooter, period"? If every shooter is streaky, why bother saying it?

So, yes, I believe you are representative of the people JB was alluding to. An SU fan who looks only at the variance of TC's shooting and calls him "streaky", whereas other fans call him a good shooter. Wake fans were probably screaming at their TV's saying "You can't let that guy shoot the ball"

I never said he wasn't a good shooter, I think he is. I also think he's a streaky shooter as well, so what, what's wrong with saying that. I don't know if 'all' shooter's are streaky, that is your opinion. Maybe they are, maybe some more than others. I do find it quite interesting that this has hit such an apparent nerve for you. You look at the word streaky as a negative thing, but here's the thing, that's purely your thinking and the attention you're bringing to it. Streaky can be a positive thing, no? I mean he's currently on a hot streak, that's great! I hope he's stays hot, or dare I say, streaky.

I never said he wasn't a good shooter, I think he is. I also think he's a streaky shooter as well, so what, what's wrong with saying that. I don't know if 'all' shooter's are streaky, that is your opinion. Maybe they are, maybe some more than others. I do find it quite interesting that this has hit such an apparent nerve for you. You look at the word streaky as a negative thing, but here's the thing, that's purely your thinking and the attention you're bringing to it. Streaky can be a positive thing, no? I mean he's currently on a hot streak, that's great! I hope he's stays hot, or dare I say, streaky.
No, saying someone is "streaky" is generally not a positive thing. It is not a compliment. It refers to a variance, which is the opposite of being consistent. And when you use the term "streaky" after someone has a good night, it slightly diminishes what has been done by implying it won't continue.

And no, an SU fan who thinks TC is streaky, and is on a hot streak, does not hope TC stays "streaky", that would mean he would cool off.

No, saying someone is "streaky" is generally not a positive thing. It is not a compliment. It refers to a variance, which is the opposite of being consistent. And when you use the term "streaky" after someone has a good night, it slightly diminishes what has been done by implying it won't continue.

And no, an SU fan who thinks TC is streaky, and is on a hot streak, does not hope TC stays "streaky", that would mean he would cool off.

Again, your view, based on your thinking. It has been a pleasure, however, I'm finished engaging with you on this matter. Peace out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom