Trevor Cooney will average 15.3ppg this year | Syracusefan.com

Trevor Cooney will average 15.3ppg this year

My personal opinion is that he will lead us in scoring, but it will be lower than that and we will have a few guys near that number. Somewhere closer to 14-14.5 for him, with CMac and BJ also in double digits.

If those are the statistics I'll be shocked. The spread of points is eerily similar to Gerry's last year where he was the main option chucking 30 footers. I'll take the 15.3 from cooney if hes shooting 40% from three, but I think they are undervaluing Johnson, McCullough, and Roberson. I think those are the three guys that make or break our season.

How do they come up with this stuff? Its a hard team to gauge as far as scoring. I think there are up to 7 guys who could average double figures but I don't think its reasonable to expect more than 3 of them to actually do it. Then we could see 4 guys in that 7-9 range. Really hard to figure until we start seeing who the main stays in the rotation are and how the staff decides to run the offense this year.

They're predicting Joseph is gonna outscore McCullough? They must think Joseph is going to play a lot more minutes.

Simple math:

(sports publications + every new season) SU basketball =
Monkey-throwing-darts.jpg

Coleman is going to average 7.6 arm stretches on the bench sadly. This injury mystery grows and it's trending to the negative..

... I'll take the 15.3 from cooney if hes shooting 40% from three, but I think they are undervaluing Johnson, McCullough, and Roberson. I think those are the three guys that make or break our season.

Agreed, those are the three with something to prove and the opportunity to do it. Let's hope the 'faithful' remember improvement is a process, not an event.

I think the psychological toll of having to hit the bottom of the net every shot last year is what did him in. Starting with the second half of the Villanova game last year, teams moving forward keyed in on the fact that they would have to play tough through the 3-2 zone but also paying a lot of attention to Cooney would give them some chance to win. It worked most of the time, save last minute heroics.

This year, unless there is some bad team dynamic, the wealth can be spread out on the floor, allowing Cooney to settle in and consistently find the net 4-5 times a game.

I think the psychological toll of having to hit the bottom of the net every shot last year is what did him in. Starting with the second half of the Villanova game last year, teams moving forward keyed in on the fact that they would have to play tough through the 3-2 zone but also paying a lot of attention to Cooney would give them some chance to win. It worked most of the time, save last minute heroics.

This year, unless there is some bad team dynamic, the wealth can be spread out on the floor, allowing Cooney to settle in and consistently find the net 4-5 times a game.

I think every team needs two outside threats- not just guys who can occasionally hit a three point but two guys the defense will have to gameplan for. We've rarely had that and out one good outside guy is usually shooting with somebody inn his face. I think this eyar's team has some potential for a better outside game. Joseph, McCullough, Johnson, Patterson and even Gbinijie can all hit the three: can they do so consistently? Even is we could hit some medium range jumpers, that would help. It's tough when you have to go to the basket for all your points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom