Trishton Jackson: Vikings | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Trishton Jackson: Vikings

Steve couldn’t create separation at that level. Hell off a collegiate receiver though.
I've heard Steve Young say that nobody is really open in the NFL (an exaggeration I know). I was thinking he'd be a good possession type guy with his ability to out physical DBs for contested balls. Was he less athletic than guys like Hunter Renfrow? What magic does he use? Is he just that much better at route running?

Last edited:
It's weird to me that he has been able to hang around but Steve Ishmael couldn't. I thought his physicality and hands would have given him a shot.

What is Ishmael doing? Is he in Canada?

And congrats to Trishton, go make some plays and seize this opportunity!

Even though one of, if not the best WR, is hurt and it makes football a little less exciting.

The Vikings obviously must like something they see with Trishton as they keep him around. Hopefully he makes the most of his snaps if he gets in a few of the upcoming games with JJ on IR.
JJ: better read up on Wally Pipp.;)

I've heard Steve Young say that nobody is really open in the NFL (an exaggeration I know). I was thinking he's be a good possession type guy with his ability to out physical DBs for contested balls. Was he less athletic than guys like Hunter Renfrow? What magic does he use? Is he just that much better at route running?
Hunter is a master route runner. Much more to getting open at that level than physical ability, which all the DBs and WRs have.
Before his big legal troubles, I represented Tommy Kane on a local civil case. He talked to me about Steve Largent and all the things he taught Tommy about running routes. How to use the eyes, hips and shoulders to misdirect the DBs. Also, how the eyes were the most important part of the body for catching the FB. It was fascinating.
Typing this now, and thinking of Tommy, I wonder if he has CTE and if so, did that contribute to his actions?

Looks like he's been signed to the 53-man roster as of today:

Hopefully he can bank some decent bucks while on the 53...

Since he has no credited seasons in the NFL, it looks like he'll make $42,000 each week he is on the 53-man roster. Not too bad.

the easiest way to create separation is with the eyes and very few do that well. Guys do it all the time in bball but you dont see it fball nearly as much.

Despite not being the most gifted athletically, Stevie Johnson used to be a master of creating separation almost in a basketball crossover type of way.

I've heard Steve Young say that nobody is really open in the NFL (an exaggeration I know). I was thinking he'd be a good possession type guy with his ability to out physical DBs for contested balls. Was he less athletic than guys like Hunter Renfrow? What magic does he use? Is he just that much better at route running?
Footwork is a big deal. Cooper Cupp and Amari Cooper are two of the best to do it.

Athleticism doesn’t always translate at that level (hello Jalen Reagor).

Since he has no credited seasons in the NFL, it looks like he'll make $42,000 each week he is on the 53-man roster. Not too bad.
Released yesterday.

Cleared waivers and back to the practice squad today.

So $42k for that spot appearance.

I mean, I was hoping he'd get more of a hook up, but that's aight.

Footwork is a big deal. Cooper Cupp and Amari Cooper are two of the best to do it.

Athleticism doesn’t always translate at that level (hello Jalen Reagor).
Chris Collinsworth was incredible. Not particularly strong, not very fast, he just left DBs looking for their jockstraps as he caught TD passes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom