Class of 2014 - Trumaine Washington - DB - Florida | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Trumaine Washington - DB - Florida

His senior film shows him making plays against two of the best WR's in the country, 5 star Ermon Lane and of course the great Steve Ishmael. It looked like Lane was giving him his props for checking him good. Ishmael showed his frustration in the end zone after Trumaine deflected the ball

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/522670/highlights/98119400?autoplay=1

Very good looking kid, nice speed, hips. He fights well with his hands. The only issue I had is at 3:22 he ran a punt back and fumbled before he went into the end zone; he started celebrating too early. He fumbled right about the 2, the striped blind mice missed it. ;) Another raw good looking athlete that could fill many different skilled positions. Seems like we are moving more towards Oregon type athletes.

Very good looking kid, nice speed, hips. He fights well with his hands. The only issue I had is at 3:22 he ran a punt back and fumbled before he went into the end zone; he started celebrating too early. He fumbled right about the 2, the striped blind mice missed it. ;) Another raw good looking athlete that could fill many different skilled positions. Seems like we are moving more towards Oregon type athletes.
Better to learn from that rather than a game that matters in the ACC. Don't think the coaches won't use that one as an example to all on what not to do at this level.

Visiting Louisville this weekend. He was being recruited to WKU when Petrino & Co were still there, as well as his position coach who he committed to at Akron is now on Louisville's staff. They look like the team to beat.

Hopefully sleazebag Petrino isn't interested in Cordy because it really seems like these kids are a package deal. I package I will gladly take. I really like Washington and Cordy is solid as well

G
any reason it cant be both?
Good point on both counts. Very good pipeline development to two good HS programs, which I'm sure McD has trailblazed in the past. Thankfully, Washington and Cordy are both good athletes and they not only could add depth, but value, to the CB position. I like the strategy of CB bundling this yr, especially with an abundance of good, available DB prospects.

Kids like this are good additions for special teams, athletic kids who can move, see [Auburn return against Alabama]. That return will change the way everyone puts people out on Special Teams.

Be3T94UIIAAg5vw.jpg:large

Craig Martin Jr. ‏@JUICEGOD777 15h
@NoFlyzoneTru: CardNation pic.twitter.com/AqQARyfAMs

Trumaine W. ‏@NoFlyzoneTru 10h
@_BugattiDreamer I announce next week

he left Louisville without committing so good news for us
I like what I see on tape. I believe he must be qualified also. First team FL all-state CB, big school(5A), that says something. If Dawson or Dowels can't go, he and/ or Cordy are decent, competent back fills.

Last edited:
Kids like this are good additions for special teams, athletic kids who can move, see [Auburn return against Alabama]. That return will change the way everyone puts people out on Special Teams.

That was no special teamer returning that missed field goal, it was their best cornerback who will a mid-round pick in the draft this year. He was however, also the guy that gave up the game winner against FSU.

We have to feel good about getting both Trumaine and Cordy, they want to play together. I will be shocked if they don't both commit next Sunday

We have to feel good about getting both Trumaine and Cordy, they want to play together. I will be shocked if they don't both commit next Sunday

No offense but I think we have heard that "we want to play together" line before.
Right now it looks like TOS has him as a UofL lean. Hopefully he takes his OV next weekend.

No offense but I think we have heard that "we want to play together" line before.
Right now it looks like TOS has him as a UofL lean. Hopefully he takes his OV next weekend.

None taken you are right, but he didn't commit on his visit so hopefully he is still visiting

You like our chances?

imo it's a toss up. the visit will go a long way, and so will the # of cb's we take. if we take 2, and Cordy is one of them, i think it will significantly increase our chances. i'm just not yet sold that they take 2 cb's though. i think Washington is our #1 choice

imo it's a toss up. the visit will go a long way, and so will the # of cb's we take. if we take 2, and Cordy is one of them, i think it will significantly increase our chances. i'm just not yet sold that they take 2 cb's though. i think Washington is our #1 choice

Interesting that you think Washington is 1, when cordy seems like the bigger recruit with Florida offering.

Interesting that you think Washington is 1, when cordy seems like the bigger recruit with Florida offering.

I didn't think Fla actually offered, I thought they were just stopping by for a visit?

Either way I still believe Washington would be 1st choice.