TV viewing question | Syracusefan.com

TV viewing question

annarbororange

Walk On
Long-time lurker here...my question is regarding TV viewing in Ohio. I have NESN through Time Warner who has thus far listed 2 games (v. Cornell & v. Colgate) as being shown. While they show up in the guide, they both ended up being blacked-out. Anyone have thoughts as to why? Will this continue to be an issue once we get into ACC play? Any help is appreciated!

Join the crowd. For the Colgate game I had 11 channels in the guide that were broadcasting the game on my Dish Network with Sports Pak. They were all blacked out. All depends on your location. Extremely frustrating.

Long-time lurker here...my question is regarding TV viewing in Ohio. I have NESN through Time Warner who has thus far listed 2 games (v. Cornell & v. Colgate) as being shown. While they show up in the guide, they both ended up being blacked-out. Anyone have thoughts as to why? Will this continue to be an issue once we get into ACC play? Any help is appreciated!

This helps:

http://www.suathletics.com/showcase/

I cant speak to how Time Warner operates only DirecTv. Like the Dish guy above the Colgate game was listed on numerous channels (at least 6). I set the game to record (I always do even if I'm watching live just in case). When it came to game time the channel I was on (FSSO I beleive) said that the game was blacked out on this channel but...DirecTv always does a channel search to see if the program is available on any other channel. It was found on something called RSNaHD (Ch 695). I'm not sure why Directv blacks out on all the other channels and only shows it on one channel but it always shows the game and most importantly finds the game for me so I don't have to search. Also, it not only found the game for me and automatically changed to that channel but it also switched my record set up to that chanel so it recorded the game for me also. I can't pretend to understand, it must make sense to someone. I'm guessing that neither Time Warner or Dish do the searching part.

I live in the Dayton area, and have had some success watching SU games on Fox Detroit on DirecTV

I cant speak to how Time Warner operates only DirecTv. Like the Dish guy above the Colgate game was listed on numerous channels (at least 6). I set the game to record (I always do even if I'm watching live just in case). When it came to game time the channel I was on (FSSO I beleive) said that the game was blacked out on this channel but...DirecTv always does a channel search to see if the program is available on any other channel. It was found on something called RSNaHD (Ch 695). I'm not sure why Directv blacks out on all the other channels and only shows it on one channel but it always shows the game and most importantly finds the game for me so I don't have to search. Also, it not only found the game for me and automatically changed to that channel but it also switched my record set up to that chanel so it recorded the game for me also. I can't pretend to understand, it must make sense to someone. I'm guessing that neither Time Warner or Dish do the searching part.
This. Reason #2,345 why DirecTv blows everything else away...

AAO: Where were you all those 21 years when I was in Saline, MI and thought my family was the only Orange support in the county?

Probably not in A2. I spent 5 years there for graduate school (2007-2012) but now live in the Cleveland area.

I too get NESN, although I'm in MA not Ohio. Initially I tuned into both the Cornell and Colgate games via ESPN3, but THAT was blacked out for me. Only then did I realize that the games were on NESN, which they were.

When I was on ESPN3 it showed a blackout map, at a quick glance it only looked like ACC states where blacked out. So my guess for you is that even though your guide showed that the game was on, you were blacked out from NESN b/c ESPN3 had the rights to the game in your area.

This is just a guess however.

Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom