Tyler & Dylan Ennis | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler & Dylan Ennis

Orange87 said:
Anybody know the deal with how exactly Tyler and Dylan are related?

Are they full biological brothers?

Their dad looks Caucasian and their mom African-American. Dylan is obviously much darker than Tyler and their dad's last name is McIntyre.

Don't start railing at me for being ignorant or racist. I'm simply curious. It's the dad's last name that sparked the question.

The thing that confuses me the most is how his mother is African-American! If she is black and lives in North America but lives in Canada, is she African-American still or is she African-Canadian or is there a more PC way to call someone with African roots?

The thing that confuses me the most is how his mother is African-American! If she is black and lives in North America but lives in Canada, is she African-American still or is she African-Canadian or is there a more PC way to call someone with African roots?
I think since Africa is a continent the second part should be a continent as well. But then again it could be like genies and species. Bigger to smaller. This is getting wildly confusing.

The OP used the term African-American, not the mom. Regardless, it seems like this is an area we don't need to know, regardless of whether we are curious. If I knew the family personally, I would refrain from asking the questions in this thread. No offense to anyone who is curious. It seems like internet anonymity makes it easier to pose these questions. Just to be clear, I am not assuming any malice, as I too was curious and chimed in my two cents.

Still, that's not close to the genius who posted on twitter about Nelson Mandela "the first African-American President in South Africa" dying. Yikes. There's PC and then there is stupid.

There's no possible way that Dylan and Tyler have both of the same biological parents. Not a chance.

The OP used the term African-American, not the mom. Regardless, it seems like this is an area we don't need to know, regardless of whether we are curious. If I knew the family personally, I would refrain from asking the questions in this thread. No offense to anyone who is curious. It seems like internet anonymity makes it easier to pose these questions. Just to be clear, I am not assuming any malice, as I too was curious and chimed in my two cents.
Never should be taken for malice. People should be proud of their heritage and cultures. I would never be offended if someone speculated where lit hail from or what not. Just as long assl the didn't call me Italian ... filthy animals. Totally kidding. But should help some speculate my heritage. In case my last make didn't give it away.

"The timing of the Syracuse-Villanova game means that Tyler and Dylan just spent three days together at the family's home in Canada. Prior to that, they hadn't seen each other since early summer — before Tyler played for Team Canada in the FIBA U-19 World Championships and Dylan played for the Jamaican National Team." this says something...

Were all trying to be a little too PC here. Me included.

It's a simple question - the brothers look very different from one another and neither has the same last name as the man that both say is their father.

Is it none of anybody's business? Yeah, probably, but I'm sure no one means to offend anyone. It's just an unorthodox situation that I'm curious about. Nothing more, nothing less.

"The timing of the Syracuse-Villanova game means that Tyler and Dylan just spent three days together at the family's home in Canada. Prior to that, they hadn't seen each other since early summer — before Tyler played for Team Canada in the FIBA U-19 World Championships and Dylan played for the Jamaican National Team." this says something...

Yeah, that Dylan wasn't good enough to play for Canada so he had to play on his mother's native Jamaican team.

After doing some internet sleuthing myself, it appears as though it is very common for Jamaican's (Tyler's Mom) to keep the last name of the mother. Also, unlike the US where you can just write in the father's name, in Jamaica...

"If the father is present at the registration his name is recorded and the child bear’s his last name, if he isn’t no name is recorded for the father and the child gets her mother’s last name"

So my guess is Dylan and Tyler don't have the same dad. Dylan goes by his mother's last name. The McIntyre guy is tyler's dad, but Tyler's mom gave him her last name.

...it seems like this is an area we don't need to know, regardless of whether we are curious. If I knew the family personally, I would refrain from asking the questions in this thread. No offense to anyone who is curious. It seems like internet anonymity makes it easier to pose these questions. Just to be clear, I am not assuming any malice, as I too was curious and chimed in my two cents.

I respect what you're saying and of course nobody needs to know. If I came across Tyler or Dylan or Tony or Suzette in the street, and Tyler and Dylan were not nationally known college basketball players on premier teams I would not broach the subject because it would be none of my business.

The reality is that Tyler and Dylan are nationally known players on premier teams and therefore they have given up some of that personal privacy. So as a fan I may or may not have the 'right' to ask them but their being in the national spotlight so to speak, takes away some of their expectation of people not asking.

Again though, there is no malice, racism, or ignorance in my query.

So my guess is Dylan and Tyler don't have the same dad. Dylan goes by his mother's last name. The McIntyre guy is tyler's dad, but Tyler's mom gave him her last name.

Okay, but what about Brandon? And why don't any of the other three kids have McIntyre's last name?

It's just odd.

Were all trying to be a little too PC here. Me included.

It's a simple question - the brothers look very different from one another and neither has the same last name as the man that both say is their father.

Is it none of anybody's business? Yeah, probably, but I'm sure no one means to offend anyone. It's just an unorthodox situation that I'm curious about. Nothing more, nothing less.
No, you are certainly not too PC, if that's what you think.

And maybe no one is meaning to offend anyone. But it is none of our business and you are hashing this out on a public forum. At some point maybe you should just shut your pie hole and let your child-like musings die.

And maybe no one is meaning to offend anyone. But it is none of our business and you are hashing this out on a public forum. At some point maybe you should just shut your pie hole and let your child-like musings die.

pc-polic.jpg

You know what one of the great things about internet forums is? You can ignore a thread if you don't like it or agree with it.

So maybe you should just do that.

Here is Dylan's bio from Villanova's page:

Personal
Dylan Jonathan Ennis ... born Dec. 26, 1991 in Toronto, Canada ... son of Suzette Ennis and Jonathan Howell ... father is Tony McIntyre ... older brother Brandon plays for the University of the District of Columbia ... has four younger siblings, Tyler, Brittany, Dominique and Tyylon ... Duncan College.

and the Rice bio:
Personal
Dylan Jonathan Ennis ... born Dec. 26, 1991 in Toronto, Canada ... son of Suzette Ennis and Jonathan Howell ... legal (step) father is Tony McIntyre ... older brother Brandon plays for the University of the District of Columbia ... has four younger siblings, Tyler, Brittany, Dominique and Tyylon ... Duncan College.

We'll that clears that up.

So we can safely assume that Suzette Ennis is the biological mother of all 6 Ennis kids.

If we go by physical resemblance maybe we can assume that Brandon, Tyler, Brittany and the other two kids have the same biological father as well (big assumption since we've got nothing but physical resemblances, but...).

If that's the case and (another assumption), Tony McIntyre is the biological father of all of the kids except Dylan, then what happened between Brandon & Tyler?

And the last name thing is still bugging me as well.

We'll that clears that up.

So we can safely assume that Suzette Ennis is the biological mother of all 6 Ennis kids.

If we go by physical resemblance maybe we can assume that Brandon, Tyler, Brittany and the other two kids have the same biological father as well (big assumption since we've got nothing but physical resemblances, but...).

If that's the case and (another assumption), Tony McIntyre is the biological father of all of the kids except Dylan, then what happened between Brandon & Tyler?

And the last name thing is still bugging me as well.
I dunno if we can assume mcintire is the father of any of the ennis' as of yet.

Yeah I think you guys got it. Also their little brother looks more like Dylan than Tyler.

Anybody know the deal with how exactly Tyler and Dylan are related?

Are they full biological brothers?

Their dad looks Caucasian and their mom African-American. Dylan is obviously much darker than Tyler and their dad's last name is McIntyre.

Don't start railing at me for being ignorant or racist. I'm simply curious. It's the dad's last name that sparked the question.
Since African American is not a race, and she is Canadian, I don't think that applies. She might be of Jamacian desent, as the elder Ennis played for the Jamcian national team.
Reminds me of the reporter who once called Nelson Mandela an African American.

Here is Dylan's bio from Villanova's page:

Personal
Dylan Jonathan Ennis ... born Dec. 26, 1991 in Toronto, Canada ... son of Suzette Ennis and Jonathan Howell ... father is Tony McIntyre ... older brother Brandon plays for the University of the District of Columbia ... has four younger siblings, Tyler, Brittany, Dominique and Tyylon ... Duncan College.

and the Rice bio:
Personal
Dylan Jonathan Ennis ... born Dec. 26, 1991 in Toronto, Canada ... son of Suzette Ennis and Jonathan Howell ... legal (step) father is Tony McIntyre ... older brother Brandon plays for the University of the District of Columbia ... has four younger siblings, Tyler, Brittany, Dominique and Tyylon ... Duncan College.
Tyler Cameron Ennis was born in August of 1994 in Toronto, Ontario … He is the son of Tony McIntyre and Suzette Ennis McIntyre … Has five siblings
http://suathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=10335&path=mbasket