Tyler MF Roberson | Syracusefan.com

Tyler MF Roberson

Player of the game today for me.
Dude's been a beast, consistently, the past few games. Love it.
Hopefully he can do it on Monday night! We can beat those Dukies if we can stay out of foul trouble and get the production from him we've been getting.

Agree---in 29 min, 16 pts, 13 rebs and 3 steals. Have a hunch he is going to have a monster senior year. We all saw what a great senior year that Rak had, but Roberson is even more advanced than Rak already in terms of the numbers he's putting up during his junior year season.

Agree---in 29 min, 16 pts, 13 rebs and 3 steals. Have a hunch he is going to have a monster senior year. We all saw what a great senior year that Rak had, but Roberson is even more advanced than Rak already in terms of the numbers he's putting up during his junior year season.
There's no reason he can't be a monster.
He has the tools.
As Rak showed...much of it depends on how much time you're going to put in during the off-season.
(And Rak did it while finishing school work...terrific work ethic in both aspects).

Roberson has historically had good games against Duke, so hoping this continues into Monday night. We'll need all cylinders firing.

Hopefully he can do it on Monday night! We can beat those Dukies if we can stay out of foul trouble and get the production from him we've been getting.
I am sure Boeheim is at this very moment contemplating the Duke game like a laser. He will get many taunts from the crowd, but he won't care. I bet he will joke around with them and spread his coat.

Sure has been and it's great to see...so much untapped potential finally coming through. Also, I really do like his mid range 12-15 jumper, he has great form on it, he just needs to shoot it more with more confidence and I think the results will be positive, especially when he doesn't hesitate so much...just go up with it and bury it.

Half the over the back calls on him are BS --- he just jumps higher than everyone else so it looks like he's putting an elbow in their back

I thought the refereeing was turrible again today. Ended up that Wake was absolutely brutal, so we overcame it, but the referees called a lot of garbage fouls on us on the interior. The 4th foul on Coleman was absolute BS. The over the backs that Roberson keeps getting called for, are a lot of crap also.

Half the over the back calls on him are BS --- he just jumps higher than everyone else so it looks like he's putting an elbow in their back

This happens way too often in basketball.

I love those 15' jumpers when he squares to the rim. When he points his toe to the hoop, he's nearly money. I just hate it when he shoots from a half-twisted form. Confidence. That's all he needs. And a bit more agreession. I want to see him positioning himself to dunk, not just settle for layups.

TRob will be one of the best rebounders in recent 'Cuse memory next year -- hell he might be there right now. When the announcer's said he's 6'7 200 my jaw dropped, the dude seems to get to a point in the air that no one else in the ACC can get to; no one on UNC, Wake, Pitt, UConn, Miami or Texas A&M could seem to match him at the point of attack (to get the ball in the air). We've seen glimpse of his offensive game too...the 15ft jump shot, the finish around the rim, the spin move...he doesn't have a back to the basket game, but he's someone who can go 6/10 from the field and make all 6 shots different ways. I love what I've seen from him and DC the past month

I thought the refereeing was turrible again today. Ended up that Wake was absolutely brutal, so we overcame it, but the referees called a lot of garbage fouls on us on the interior. The 4th foul on Coleman was absolute BS. The over the backs that Roberson keeps getting called for, are a lot of crap also.

gets you prepared for the Duke game, which will be even worse ref wise

gets you prepared for the Duke game, which will be even worse ref wise
I don't think that would be possible. Actually, our games with Duke and UNC usually seem to be free flowing and not dominated by whistles.

Last edited:
Roberson was awesome yesterday. He's our most important player Monday. He will have the biggest matchup advantage and we need him to get about 18 and 12 Monday IMO. Nobody on Duke has the ability to keep him off the glass.

When the dude focuses, he's a huuuuuuge plus with double-double impact. And when he nails a 15-footer, it just provides so much more threat on O.

We had a few bad calls go our way too. Overall, way too many fouls called yesterday. It wasn't a rough game by the players at all.

TRob will be one of the best rebounders in recent 'Cuse memory next year -- hell he might be there right now. When the announcer's said he's 6'7 200 my jaw dropped, the dude seems to get to a point in the air that no one else in the ACC can get to; no one on UNC, Wake, Pitt, UConn, Miami or Texas A&M could seem to match him at the point of attack (to get the ball in the air). We've seen glimpse of his offensive game too...the 15ft jump shot, the finish around the rim, the spin move...he doesn't have a back to the basket game, but he's someone who can go 6/10 from the field and make all 6 shots different ways. I love what I've seen from him and DC the past month
He needs to be able to spin to his right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom