tyus jones or tyler ennis | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

tyus jones or tyler ennis

On the size comparison, that is surprising to me. On TV it looks like Tyus is a more physical and bigger guard. His mock draft positioning is a little lower than Tyler ended up. That could change with upward revisions or maybe Tyus will return for another year. Next week or so will be interesting to follow as far as early entrees...

I'm surprised how many are picking Ennis. I've always looked at Jones as a rich man's Ennis.

And yes, in their respective college careers, Jones projects as a much better shooter than Ennis.

Having said that, I don't think either will become good starters in the NBA. I think both will settle in as good guards off the bench.

Edit: Also, someone said before that Jones is a better finisher... that's true, but both are poor finishers; one of the big reasons I don't think either will be as successful in the NBA as some thought they would be.

I'd probably say Jones. Similar players, Jones is a better shooter, Ennis is a better defender and bigger. The problem for Tyler is that he had to be the best player on his team from the jump, while Jones had a great veteran guard who hit his stride in Quinn Cook, and two top talents in Okafor and Winslow to run with.

Does Ennis get a year with Okafor and Winslow? It would be fair to see what he could do with two top 10 NBA guys on his side.
Can you imagine his assist numbers with those two? :eek:

I'd probably say Jones. Similar players, Jones is a better shooter, Ennis is a better defender and bigger. The problem for Tyler is that he had to be the best player on his team from the jump, while Jones had a great veteran guard who hit his stride in Quinn Cook, and two top talents in Okafor and Winslow to run with.
Exactly. Without Quinn Cook, Jones becomes a lesser player.

Tyler Ennis couldn't make an entry pass or run a pick and roll. I think Jones would be my pick.

Couldnt one make argument that its more difficult to have a higher per on a worse team; therefore, the player on the mediocre team is better overall?

I'm not sure it is, PER is a pretty flawed stat. (Assuming its the same formula as the NBA; basically just shooting more will help your PER)
Kidna funny for everyone to see we were now mediocre last year. If someone had come on the board last January and said that they would have probably been laughed out of here.

My actual answer is it's really close though.

Jones is more dynamic and a better shooter. He seems like a quicker player and more apt to push the tempo for a team.

I'm not sure it is, PER is a pretty flawed stat. (Assuming its the same formula as the NBA; basically just shooting more will help your PER)
Kidna funny for everyone to see we were now mediocre last year. If someone had come on the board last January and said that they would have probably been laughed out of here.

Some people did try to suggest it and they were laughed out of here because it's impossible for some to look beyond the record and actually assess our quality of play.

I'd go with Jones. He looked a lot better at breaking down a defense off the dribble and leaving it for a big to finish.

all things being equal who you got?

Depends on NBA versus NCAA.

I think I would rather have Jones in the NCAA, just by a little.

In the NBA, it would be Ennis. I think Ennis will have a healthy career as a backup PG in the league. Jones is just too small and doesn't have extraterrestrial athleticism to make up for his lack of size.

Some people did try to suggest it and they were laughed out of here because it's impossible for some to look beyond the record and actually assess our quality of play.

I think mediocre was always an overbid. A true 25-0 or whatever their record was? Nah, but we were consistently in the top 10, if not higher, of Ken Pom.

Jones had quite the flop. I believe it was Nantz that said "Smart kid". Is that like saying "nice cheating" or "nice acting". I'll take Ennis. He has a better smile.

I believe jb suggested it numerous tines

I think mediocre was always an overbid. A true 25-0 or whatever their record was? Nah, but we were consistently in the top 10, if not higher, of Ken Pom.
That's fine. My eyeball-o-meter started to read mediocre in January. The last 10 games or so of the season and post season verified it for me.

Edit: I'll clarify. By mediocre I don't mean outside the top 25. I mean outside the top 10 and probably closer to 20. I think that's closer to how good we actually were regardless of what our record was through 25 or what Ken Pom said.

That's fine. My eyeball-o-meter started to read mediocre in January. The last 10 games or so of the season and post season verified it for me.

Edit: I'll clarify. By mediocre I don't mean outside the top 25. I mean outside the top 10 and probably closer to 20. I think that's closer to how good we actually were regardless of what our record was through 25 or what Ken Pom said.

I don't have much of a problem with that, they finished 16 in Ken Pom. That's not everything, of course. Buit mediocre in that sense; i can buy that.

Jones is the better all around player, Ennis might be the better pure pg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom