u of s | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

u of s

I had a ton of friends that played on that team. There was some real talent on that squad. A bunch of those guys went on to play college football.

That team and the 99 team had a lot of above average high school players. They way underachieved for the talent both of those teams had. Those squads had a few weaknesses outside of the 98% run offense that CBA and VVS exposed big time. .

That team and the 99 team had a lot of above average high school players. They way underachieved for the talent both of those teams had. Those squads had a few weaknesses outside of the 98% run offense that CBA and VVS exposed big time. .

Luckily they always had very good running backs, and very good defenses.

My Brother's team may have been one of the better teams they have had. Best OL i've seen there, and great skill players. I believe it was '04 when they lost in the Regional final against a team from the Southern tier.

Luckily they always had very good running backs, and very good defenses.

My Brother's team may have been one of the better teams they have had. Best OL i've seen there, and great skill players. I believe it was '04 when they lost in the Regional final against a team from the Southern tier.

I recall that team a little bit, the difference was that 04 team actually had a passing game. Most of those late 90's early 2000's teams were doing it pretty much with almost zero passing game outside of the TE which was usually a good player.

Biggest issue they always had was getting top end speed and skill/talent at the WR position. Most of the teams I remember or played with simply didn't have it which stopped them from winning a sectional or even a State title. CB always seemed to be an issue as well.

Now they have fallen completely off the map to the point of embarrassment.

gaI recall that team a little bit, the difference was that 04 team actually had a passing game. Most of those late 90's early 2000's teams were doing it pretty much with almost zero passing game outside of the TE which was usually a good player.

Biggest issue they always had was getting top end speed and skill/talent at the WR position. Most of the teams I remember or played with simply didn't have it which stopped them from winning a sectional or even a State title. CB always seemed to be an issue as well.

Now they have fallen completely off the map to the point of embarrassment.

That's because my Brother was the WR He ran about a 4.6 in his prime. He got recruited by Cortland, Ithaca, a lot of the local schools but decided to walk-on at SU instead. :)

That's because my Brother was the WR He ran about a 4.6 in his prime. He got recruited by Cortland, Ithaca, a lot of the local schools but decided to walk-on at SU instead. :)

If were talking about who I think we are then you played quite a few games yourself at Solvay. I think you know about the passing game at solvay first hand. ;)

Last edited:
JeremyCuse said:
If were talking about who I think we are then you played quite a few games yourself at Solvay. I think you know about the passing game at solvay first hand. ;)

I no who you're talking about , but no that's not me, I went to Bishop Ludden. My Brother was a little older then Mike.

I no who you're talking about , but no that's not me, I went to Bishop Ludden. My Brother was a little older then Mike.

Yup I figured it out after I thought about it for a few minutes, I should have edited my post. I remember that 04 year I was working an internship with your uncle and we would talk about the games on the following monday. I remember your brother had some big games.

Was thinking about purchasing this shirt but it doesn't come in orange.

UoS.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom