UCLA fires Steve Alford | Syracusefan.com

UCLA fires Steve Alford

Last edited:
Last edited:
I’m scared to look but I probably have some UCLA takes that have aged terribly.

In the top 75 per KenPom, there as many teams (3) from the West Coast Conference, Mountain West Conference and the Pac-12.

Times are bad in the conference of champions.

In the top 75 per KenPom, there as many teams (3) from the West Coast Conference, Mountain West Conference and the Pac-12.

Times are bad in the conference of champions.
Bad conference. Only team with an at large chance would be ASU. Everyone else likely needs to win the auto bid to get in

Cuse!

I’m scared to look but I probably have some UCLA takes that have aged terribly.

I obviously follow the conference. A hot mess. I don’t remember much UCLA hype from anybody here. Surprised ASU is doing pretty well. USC and UCLA have had horrendous starts. USC has a LOT of talent too. I’m beginning to question Enfield. They have had some injuries but at times they play more sloppy and without structure than Syracuse does in terms of big name schools. That’s saying something! Washington is probably an NIT team, frankly. I THINK Oregon and Arizona might have a chance to make it. They have a lot of talent. ASU I think will slide. But, there is just little atmosphere for some of these games. Dwindling fan support and it’s hard to get them on TV. When UCLA/Arizona/Oregon are down in hoops all at once then you have problems. Literally nobody cares.

Bad conference. Only team with an at large chance would be ASU. Everyone else likely needs to win the auto bid to get in

Cuse!

Far too early to tell but, yes, not a good conference...at all. There’s just no mojo or energy out of there right now.

Guerrero should be next. He’s tanked a few programs there.

The only name I would consider if I were them is Pitino.

You’re kidding, of course.

If and when Pitino resurfaces it won’t be in a media fishbowl like UCLA.

It’ll be somewhere where:

The school and its alumni are desperate to win

Where the local press is the lapdog of the University and won’t make a peep.

That’s isolated from the major media centers.

Think Texas Tech and Bobby Knight.

You’re kidding, of course.

If and when Pitino resurfaces it won’t be in a media fishbowl like UCLA.

It’ll be somewhere where:

The school and its alumni are desperate to win

Where the local press is the lapdog of the University and won’t make a peep.

That’s isolated from the major media centers.

Think Texas Tech and Bobby Knight.

Pitino's issues aren't media related. They eat him up especially when he's winning, which is every spot he's been to college wise. I would love this marriage of convenience. I've retired from moralizing any coach or program because I frankly don't care anymore. Give me a guy who wins and who could inject life into a big time program.

The rest of the stuff has happened everywhere and it's all about who gets caught, who is under the surveillance and luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom