UConn counts Syracuse in the W column | Syracusefan.com

UConn counts Syracuse in the W column

HtownOrange

Living Legend
I accidentally clicked on the UConn helmet was sent to the Boneyard. To my surprise, I discovered that they are overlooking Syracuse. I post the stronger comments from the first two pages. I did no include the homer posts nor the minority opinion that Syracuse will win (except for 1 I found amusing as the poster blames loss on being 3-0 going into the game).

Season Prediction Thread

Cuse (W) Unlike the last 2, I'm pretty confident about this one.

wins: Maine, Navy, Virgina, Cuse, UCF, ECU, Temple, BC, Tulane.

Cuse (W) 17-13 ... 60% win probability - sick to my stomach

Cuse (W) See UVA: CM - 70% --- (Virginia (W) - At home against a bad team with a new coach: CM - 70%)

Cuse (W) UCONN will consider putting in extra seating like the Michigan game for this one. The orange gets squeezed. Confidence level- 100%

4-0 'Cuse - Another new coach with new philosophies and terminology. 'Cuse is in perpetual learning mode with 4 head coaches in the last 8 years. Schafer went 7-5 with Marrone's team in 2013, but the current personnel have 7 combined wins over two years, and Babers will certainly be given (and will take) transitional leeway to build his team. UConn has players who not only have been in the same system for three years, they've actually played (i.e. they were freshman contributors, not reserves). UConn will take care of business, however they cannot pace themselves in anticipation of...

Requirements for a successful season:
Beat Cuse
Beat BC
Go into the last game with a chance at the division title (I'd even take losing a tie breaker).
That last one is the key to progressing. Then we can worry about Disco leaving if we don't get into the B12. There is always something to fret here in the Yard.
No seriously Bob, beat BC and Cuse.

(5) high odds wins from group A: Maine, Virginia, Cuse, UCF, Tulane, BC

Syracuse: Win. Slightly weaker than UVA, their defense is awful. They got smushed by USF last year when the bulls were still struggling. Their new coach is excellent and will turn them around, but I suspect our secondary will be able to slow them down.

Syracuse - W

Sat., Sep. 24 vs. Syracuse WIN 21-13

Syracuse: W 23-19

L - Syracuse 21 - 24 This game worries me just because we're 3-0 going in. Hope I'm wrong.

Syracuse - W, will be closer than most think but I believe we can definitely pull it out. .

I think that our Orange score more points than most are predicting, especially by week four. UConn can win the game, but if the score is high, I don't believe UConn will have the horses to finish the race.

UCONN, for as crappy as I find that program, will be a good benchmark in the sense that this is the type of team we should beat with a little breathing room if we want to consider ourselves to be anything more than a program that scrapes it's way into bowl games.

Fairly typical fan board bluster. You know, the whole "our teams weaknesses last year have been resolved but our opponents haven't done the same" line of thinking.

They have no idea what problems our offense will present to them and presume their own improvement on offense. We shall see.

can't b
I accidentally clicked on the UConn helmet was sent to the Boneyard. To my surprise, I discovered that they are overlooking Syracuse. I post the stronger comments from the first two pages. I did no include the homer posts nor the minority opinion that Syracuse will win (except for 1 I found amusing as the poster blames loss on being 3-0 going into the game).

Season Prediction Thread

Cuse (W) See UVA: CM - 70% --- (Virginia (W) - At home against a bad team with a new coach: CM - 70%)

Cuse (W) UCONN will consider putting in extra seating like the Michigan game for this one. The orange gets squeezed. Confidence level- 100%

4-0 'Cuse - Another new coach with new philosophies and terminology. 'Cuse is in perpetual learning mode with 4 head coaches in the last 8 years. Schafer went 7-5 with Marrone's team in 2013, but the current personnel have 7 combined wins over two years, and Babers will certainly be given (and will take) transitional leeway to build his team. UConn has players who not only have been in the same system for three years, they've actually played (i.e. they were freshman contributors, not reserves). UConn will take care of business, however they cannot pace themselves in anticipation of...

Beat Cuse
Beat BC
Go into the last game with a chance at the division title (I'd even take losing a tie breaker).
That last one is the key to progressing. Then we can worry about Disco leaving if we don't get into the B12. There is always something to fret here in the Yard.

Syracuse: Win. Slightly weaker than UVA, their defense is awful. They got smushed by USF last year when the bulls were still struggling. Their new coach is excellent and will turn them around, but I suspect our secondary will be able to slow them down.

Syracuse - W

L - Syracuse 21 - 24 This game worries me just because we're 3-0 going in. Hope I'm wrong.

Syracuse - W, will be closer than most think but I believe we can definitely pull it out. .

I think that our Orange score more points than most are predicting, especially by week four. UConn can win the game, but if the score is high, I don't believe UConn will have the horses to finish the race.
Can't blame them. We have really been bad the last couple of years. As of right now, what do we know? Only what we have been told and that isn't much.

They were lucky BC was so bad last year, otherwise their offense would have been the worst in the NE.

I will laugh and laugh when the Big 12 invites Houston and Cincinnati.

This isn't surprising, really. Many Colgate fans are probably expecting to win on Friday too. Bad teams think that they can beat other bad teams. And on paper, we are definitely a bad team. We've won a combined 7 games in the last two years. Until Babers has us consistently beating the teams that we should beat and pulling off an upset or two (which I fully expect us to do), we will continue to get no respect from our opponents.

This isn't surprising, really. Many Colgate fans are probably expecting to win on Friday too. Bad teams think that they can beat other bad teams. And on paper, we are definitely a bad team. We've won a combined 7 games in the last two years. Until Babers has us consistently beating the teams that we should beat and pulling off an upset or two (which I fully expect us to do), we will continue to get no respect from our opponents.

No one's asking for respect, we're asking for UConn to live in reality.

Season Prediction Thread

Beat Cuse
Beat BC

Syracuse - W

Hahahaha good old UConn football...always good for a laugh.

donniesyracuse said:
As a whole, boneyard posters are not any more delusional than syracusefan.com posters.

Disagree.

Let's look at the facts. How many here think a win over say Louisville is a given? I've seen a bunch of "we have a shot" and some "strange things happen on fri nights"... But on the whole the are largely more talented with proven coaching and no one is putting it in the auto-win category.

UCONN cannot write off any P5 school, no matter their past record. The talent gap is wide enough to matter.

It's easy to say "hey both sides have crazy fans, so they must be equal" - but look around - most here have been pretty realistic about the coming season. (Most here are loathe to write off UCONN, though with their offense, it's not a hard case. They created an abnormal amount of TO's last season. That's more likely to return to the avg.)

mike-ditka-da-bears.jpg
Da Huskies.

I'm sure they are just looking at last year's records when UConn made the mighty St Petersburg Bowl only to lose to Marshall. We'll see what happens on the field this year but this is one game I feel pretty confident of a win.

Disagree.

Let's look at the facts. How many here think a win over say Louisville is a given? I've seen a bunch of "we have a shot" and some "strange things happen on fri nights"... But on the whole the are largely more talented with proven coaching and no one is putting it in the auto-win category.
Louisville is going to be at least a two touchdown favorite. I will be surprised if Syracuse is favored by more than four or five points over UConn.

It's debatable if Syracuse will be favored at BC (it obviously depends on how the season goes) and many, if not most on here count that as a win.

donniesyracuse said:
Louisville is going to be at least a two touchdown favorite. I will be surprised if Syracuse is favored by more than four or five points over UConn. It's debatable if Syracuse will be favored at BC (it obviously depends on how the season goes) and many, if not most on here count that as a win.

Yes on Louisville. Exactly my point. They are better than us and we are acknowledging that.

I think if we are favored by 5 at UCONN, UCONN fans probably shouldn't be counting us as an easy win.

BC and Syracuse have largely equal talent. Syracuse has had better recruiting classes than UCONN even with upheavals in staffing. Given that we've won 2 out of 3 vs BC, it's not the same jump/dream that UCONN fans are living in.

Yes on Louisville. Exactly my point. They are better than us and we are acknowledging that.
so Syracuse vs Louisville is not comparable to Syracuse vs UComn. A better comparison would be when many here saw last year's USF game as a win.

My original point was that there is plenty of delusion on both boards. I'm not sure why you felt the need to challenge that pretty obvious point. If it's important to declare that this board is slightly more realistic, than fine. Good for us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom