Uconn to the B12 looking likely | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Uconn to the B12 looking likely

The ACC is solid and solidly in the third position which they will remain for the next 20 or more years

I said this in the FB thread: The administration would be dumb not to look at a contingency plan. If the Big 12 wants to expand its Northeast footprint, they could go to Pitt and boom, magnificent 7 becomes 8, and the ACC is no more.

Better Cuse than Pitt, BC.

How much of a dumpster fire is the PAC12 now? They legitimately could have killed off the BIG12 2-3 years ago and now look to be on the verge of not being a viable P5 conference.
Back to PAC8

I said this in the FB thread: The administration would be dumb not to look at a contingency plan. If the Big 12 wants to expand its Northeast footprint, they could go to Pitt and boom, magnificent 7 becomes 8, and the ACC is no more.

Yes, Pitt is going to help dissolve the ACC so it can join the Big 12. Sounds like a sound plan. Or are you suggesting that Syracuse should jump the gun and make the move before Pitt gets the chance?

What am I missing? The ACC makes more revenue than the B12, so why would a team jump the ACC to join the big 12?

Why? If another school joins the magnificent 7, they can dissolve the ACC then cuse is part of 7 schools without a home.

Why on earth would they do that? The B12 is a desperate husk of its former self without its two premier programs.

Also you have 4 posts on this site all on conference realignment pushing this insane narrative. So we have one question for you: is this the Dude of West Virginia’s burner?

Last edited:
Why on earth would they do that? The B12 is a desperate husk of its former self without its two premier programs.

Also you have 4 posts on this site all on conference realignment pushing this insane narrative. So we have one question for you: is this the Dude of West Virginia’s burner?
For one big reason. ESPN has shown that they will not add any significant revenue into the ACC during " look ins". Basically, the ACC is stuck where they're at while the Big 12 has a more open contract. Also PITT probably doesn't have a lot of faith in the old guard to treat them fairly from now until the conference dissolves.

I’m confused, is that a 2023 article or a 2016 article?

You're right. It was a brand new tweet referencing an old article. My bad.

This was back when UConn was thinking about leaving the AAC.

Obviously, they've "flirted" with the B12 before.

You want me to delete it (to avoid confusion), or leave it up (because it's UConn)? :)

You're right. It was a brand new tweet referencing an old article. My bad.

This was back when UConn was thinking about leaving the AAC.

Obviously, they've "flirted" with the B12 before.

You want me to delete it (to avoid confusion), or leave it up (because it's UConn)? :)
It’s fine! The way the site loads on mobile it has todays date at the top of the page, but the article date (I think) after the headline, classic UConn design I guess.

PAC12 plus ACC can be a bi-coastal conference. Lots of frequent flyer miles.
I've been saying this for months. It seems no one in either conference cares.

Wouldnt be that untenable. 2 divisions. East and west. Each team plays two interdivisional games a year. That's ONE trip.

Assuming Oregon, UCLA, USC, and Colorado are gone from the PAC, as well as the "Mag 7". If Oregon stays, even better.

Now. Does this bunch lack a legit sure thing top 10 caliber team each year? I guess. But Utah, Cinci and Pitt have all had top 10 or close seasons of late, and there are a handful of additional programs that have been top 15 caliber if you go back a little farther. It's clearly a couple steps behind the big 2 conferences, but its still clearly a power conference with lots if big traditional schools and given the expanded playoff, I imagine will still have access.

East
Syracuse
Duke
BC
Georgia Tech
Cincinnati
Wake
Louisville
Pitt

West
Arizona
Arizona State
Washington
Oregon State
Stanford
Cal
Utah
Wash State

Play your division every year and 2 crossovers, 1 long flight per team per year. Still room for 3 non cons.

Alas, no one cares.

Last edited:
How much of a dumpster fire is the PAC12 now? They legitimately could have killed off the BIG12 2-3 years ago and now look to be on the verge of not being a viable P5 conference.
This should be a lesson for the ACC. You have to be proactive in expansion. We have to remain in the third position ahead of the Big 12 and PAC 12.

Why? If another school joins the magnificent 7, they can dissolve the ACC then cuse is part of 7 schools without a home.
That’s not true. The conference bylaws don’t say anything about dissolving the conference with a majority vote. That’s an unfounded rumor and has been reported as incorrect.

The Magnificent Seven thing is also laughable. The SEC isn’t interested in more expansion, and the Big 10 only wants UNC, Miami and maybe Florida State or UVA. The SEC and Big 10 aren’t interested in Virginia Tech or NC State, so those schools have no incentive to blow the conference up.

On top of that, no one wants to mess with the Grant of Rights legal minefield.

Last edited:
What am I missing? The ACC makes more revenue than the B12, so why would a team jump the ACC to join the big 12?

And is set by the GOR, for better or worse, until 2036 at the latest.
The Magnificent 7 nonsense is not viable right now. There's no money in it for any of them to leave, nor for the B1G/SEC/Big12 to take them. That's just facts, the rest is just rampant speculation and rhetoric. But then again, isn't that what CR talk has always been about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom