Ugh and double Ugh | Syracusefan.com

Ugh and double Ugh

SWC75

Bored Historian
I had Purdue in the Final Four.

They were up 13 with 3:19 to go in regulation and lose in double OT.

Four losses in one game because I had them winning this and three more.

I hate upsets! :mad: (Unless I predicted them.)

:vomit:

Last edited:
I didnt have purdue in my f4 but right before their game i texted my friends "purdue my sleeper f4"

Doh!

I had Purdue going down in round 1

I also had Baylor in the EE and Iona winning 2

I picked both Yale and Little Rock. Unfortunately I also picked Texas Tech and Colorado. My two losses of the day.
Live by the sword.....die by the sword. Lots of moxie picking two major upsets.

Purdue has never made the Final Four. I had them losing this game. Short turnaround and in altitude.

The three reasons I don't like upsets:

1) We are SU. And we are typically favored in the early rounds, (obviously I'll be rooting for an upset this time). But after so many games where we have had to avoid upsets, some of which we didn't avoid and others where we barely hung on, I find I can relate to the favored team trying to hold on more than the underdog trying to catch them. I remember all the tension those games produced and the heartbreak and depression the losses produced.

2) I don't see the tournament as being about upsets. I see it as being about confrontations. I want to see the teams we've been following all year go up against each other. The heartwarming upsets prevent those delicious confrontations.

3) And yes, I would prefer that my bracket sheet look fairly pristine at the end of the evening. When you see one of your final four teams go down in the first round, it really ruins your evening, (and I've had a pretty good one otherwise).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom